Anyways, Karlon has until the passing of Sunday to tell me the name.
What are the consequences if they don't tell?
Anyways, Karlon has until the passing of Sunday to tell me the name.
is perfect, i mean.i assent. God has not told me, " go & tell so & so.....". i know Christians who have been Christian for decades & they say they have never heard the audible voice of God. that really doesn't mean anything. God's chosen way of relationship with each individual is imperfect.
We are instructed by the apostle John of our Lord Jesus Christ to not believe every spirit- but to test them to see whether they are from God.
God only audibly speaks to people who are his prophets and does nothing apart from them. And if scripture says so, then why would it be anything different?
We are instructed by the apostle John of our Lord Jesus Christ to not believe every spirit- but to test them to see whether they are from God.
The Bible says to test the spirits. It doesn't say to require miracles on demand.Wow this blew up, I was away for like one night and a morning lol
Anyways, Karlon has until the passing of Sunday to tell me the name.
God tells different things to different people, if He wanted ALL of us to know, He'd say it loud so that EVERYONE can hear.
Jesus was the last (of the Jewish) prophets that He spoke to and through and so everyone takes His word for it, or what we read of the Bible.
If you want to get into 'latter day saints' or prophets like Muhammed, well that's a completely different religion.
Prophecy if I suppose for edification of others but God can speak to you personally/individually on matters pertaining to you alone, that are not really anyone else's business.
I remember the guy who wrote this book when I was in a Christian Writers group. https://thefreedomdiaries.co.nz/
I mean you can read it for yourself if you are angry enough.
Of course everyone wants to know about a husband, (or wife) kids and job. That's all what anyone wants out of life, right? You could go to a psychic for your future...or you could go to God.
Ha well in my experience He doesn't say anything about that to me. He just cares about me being a daughter and that's enough. And also, when I write things down in my own diary, its just things like 'garden club nite' or 'wacky wednesday' or 'cancel Hello Kitty'
indeed, true. clarification is: 2nd Timothy 3:16 & 17 & 2nd Peter 1:20 & 21!Actually the Lord is the One Who said that and He did so through the writings of the Apostle John.
John was not the one deciding what he was going to write. The Lord told him what to write through the Holy Spirit.
We are instructed by the apostle John of our Lord Jesus Christ to not believe every spirit- but to test them to see whether they are from God.
I'm not exactly framing someone as a lair, unless indeed they are lying to me, but rather why would the Lord speak to someone and not to me, but first we need to establish that it is so that the Lord is truly speaking to this person as well as I said before: as far as I understand it, God only audibly speaks to people who are his prophets and does nothing apart from them.
And if scripture says so, then why would it be anything different?
So asking for the name I am thinking of is a sure fire way, because if I ask "What has our Lord said?" then what is to stop anyone from making something on the spot and for me to not know it?
No, it has to be something that only I know and the Lord would know, and if the Lord truly speaks to this person, then they would tell me what I know but only by God telling them first, then I will know they are telling the truth.
indeed, totally, the Holy Spirit speaks to me. i know how to discern the spirits as 1st John chapter 4 teaches. for anyone doubting the Holy Spirit really speaks to you, read John 3:33, 16:3, 14:26, Romans 8:26 & you can throw in 1st John 3:20-22.It's also to protect @Karlon. If the spirit talking to him isn't the Holy Spirit, we need to get him away from it. The Holy Spirit and the Bible don't contradict each other - He wrote it after all.
![]()
true, Psalm 37:23!Sister Seoul is so right
God spoke that way to me too. He's the only one who can correct me, I won't listen to anyone else lol!
He just wants us to be good people. We by ourselves aren't good people. We need His help.
Really we do need to ask for His help. Or cry for it. Sometimes we may not actually know what to do, Only He can tell us what He wants us to do. What God wants us to do, and what we desire, may be different things.
It is like the potter and the clay. We can't tell God what to do.