Random Acts of Kindness

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
We even have machines built for the purpose...

Solemateleft

Honor, Courage, Commitment
Jun 25, 2017
Love these Random acts of kindness that tug at your heart strings... Our world can use a lot more of this right now...
1633744259789.png

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Any gas station attendant should be used to four dollars in dimes and nickels unless that's his first day on the job. Sooooo many people get down to that for gas sooooo often. I've been there myself more times than I want to count.

Oct 22, 2021
Seems like we are in need of opportunities to capture and share some Positive Things that happen every day in our World... I always love random acts of kindness - they so often touch your heart just enough to remind us to stay true to our Christian convictions along our respective journeys...
PLEASE SHARE Random Acts of Kindness that you have experienced, conducted and come across... I'll start with this lovely photo of an innocent and caring young girl's heart that I just saw on FaceBook:
I'm not sure why but my "allergies" started acting up while I read through these posts. Thanks for making this thread.

Solemateleft

Jun 25, 2017
Such a great idea! So doing this!!!

Ivan KellySeth International

tSNovleomlbe01uur 28 5ato 918utr1:e27l cPdM ·
"Today is a favorite tradition of mine. Gathered 17 friends for breakfast with every person bringing a $100 bill. Paid for our $200 meal and gave the other $1500 to our waitress for her “tip”. Unbeknownst to us, she and her husband had recently hit a rough patch and she told us we restored her faith in humanity. We call this “Shock ‘n Clause”. We challenge you to get your friends together and do the same."

Credit: Ceri Anderson

Solemateleft

Jun 25, 2017
This actually made me tear up.

Thank you so much for posting this!

God knows we all need to see encouraging things, and this picture was heart-melting. ❤️❤️❤️
Yes, these types of SELFLESS stories always tug at my heartstrings... There are a lot of GOOD PEOPLE in our World, we just need to help bring them to the forefront to help others to be so brave, considerate and big hearted to their fellow Children of God...

Kireina

Aug 26, 2020
I just moved in to a new neighbourhood, 2 mos ago my father needed to go to the doctor because of his swollen leg...my mother is old and my father is sick they went out and left the phone at home ...so there was no way I could contact them...

I was so worried already... so I posted in our neighbourhood group chat about it... a neighbor came to me and offered her car to find my parents...she said to me they will check every clinic and hospital surrounding us... I was so grateful for their kindness and I feel relieved to know that there are still people out there who will extend their hands without having a second thought.... 😇❤🙏🏻

Solemateleft

Jun 25, 2017
I just moved in to a new neighbourhood, 2 mos ago my father needed to go to the doctor because of his swollen leg...my mother is old and my father is sick they went out and left the phone at home ...so there was no way I could contact them...

I was so worried already... so I posted in our neighbourhood group chat about it... a neighbor came to me and offered her car to find my parents...she said to me they will check every clinic and hospital surrounding us... I was so grateful for their kindness and I feel relieved to know that there are still people out there who will extend their hands without having a second thought.... 😇❤🙏🏻
Such a heart warming sa

Such a heart warming story thank you for sharing 🙂😇

Willow

Oct 10, 2021
ohio
I clean at 2 plants that forge metals. So can be extremely hot, actually was 130 in there the other day. Anyways I work with around some hardcore men. But it amazes me how kind and considerate they can be. I work through a cleaning agency so am not really an employee of their company. Anyways they go out more than a few go out of their way to make sure I know I can have free gatorade ,pop or water. In a world full of hate and despair I never take simple acts of kindness for granted. It is a real blessing,amen!

H

HopeinHim4ever

A friend of mine and I were selling baked goods this past fall, paid the people whose store's property we were set up on $20 for 3 days. The last day we didn't sell much so had a lot of leftovers. My friend had the idea to give a few of the baked goods to the store owners before we packed up that eve. The lady was happy, and soon after she went back inside she came back out with a $20 bill. "Here's your rent back," she said. I was like, "are you sure?" She responded "yes, y'all have been so sweet and we've loved having you. Our store did really good today and I just want y'all to have this back." She had tears in her eyes and I was touched as I took the money and thanked her. What a witness we can be! I didn't realize what an impression we'd made. And she was so sweet. I hope the Lord blesses her and her husband richly for their kindness.

N

notonmywatch

A friend of mine and I were selling baked goods this past fall, paid the people whose store's property we were set up on $20 for 3 days. The last day we didn't sell much so had a lot of leftovers. My friend had the idea to give a few of the baked goods to the store owners before we packed up that eve. The lady was happy, and soon after she went back inside she came back out with a $20 bill. "Here's your rent back," she said. I was like, "are you sure?" She responded "yes, y'all have been so sweet and we've loved having you. Our store did really good today and I just want y'all to have this back." She had tears in her eyes and I was touched as I took the money and thanked her. What a witness we can be! I didn't realize what an impression we'd made. And she was so sweet. I hope the Lord blesses her and her husband richly for their kindness.
Baked goods? Did somebody say baked goods?

cookie-monster.gif

Kireina

Aug 26, 2020
November and December my budget is quite tight...so after paying all my bills and after setting aside my parents budget for food... I got none left 😅

So when I gave my parents the budget for their food I told my mother..."nanay" I don't have excess for your noche buena this time can we skip this year...my parents agreed and they said it is OK...so Christmas day came...

I called my parents and greeted them Merry Christmas asked them how are they if they ate already and what they ate ☺ well,they got food always but Christmas day is different for us...we prepare more food on Christmas day but this year I am really tight on budget...

So, no extra preparations no noche buena...

But the kindness of my neighbours 'so warm and so nice I couldn't believe 🤩 on Christmas day my table was full my neighbors shared their food to us 🤩☺ 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Solemateleft

Jun 25, 2017
Beautiful story!
So great someone picked her up who has a beautiful heart.

Act Biggy
I arrived at the address and honked the horn. After waiting a few minutes I honked again. Since this was going to be my last ride of my shift I thought about just driving away, but instead I put the car in park and walked up to the door and knocked.. 'Just a minute', answered a frail, elderly voice. I could hear something being dragged across the floor.
After a long pause, the door opened. A small woman in her 90's stood before me. She was wearing a print dress and a pillbox hat with a veil pinned on it, like somebody out of a 1940's movie.
By her side was a small nylon suitcase. The apartment looked as if no one had lived in it for years. All the furniture was covered with sheets.
There were no clocks on the walls, no knickknacks or utensils on the counters. In the corner was a cardboard box filled with photos and glassware.
'Would you carry my bag out to the car?' she said. I took the suitcase to the cab, then returned to assist the woman.
She took my arm and we walked slowly toward the curb.
She kept thanking me for my kindness. 'It's nothing', I told her.. 'I just try to treat my passengers the way I would want my mother to be treated.'
'Oh, you're such a good boy,’ she said. When we got in the cab, she gave me an address and then asked, 'Could you drive
through downtown?'
'It's not the shortest way,' I answered quickly..
'Oh, I don't mind,' she said. 'I'm in no hurry. I'm on my way to a hospice.’
I looked in the rear-view mirror. Her eyes were glistening. 'I don't have any family left,' she continued in a soft voice.. ‘The doctor says I don't have very long.' I quietly reached over and shut off the meter.
'What route would you like me to take?' I asked.
For the next two hours, we drove through the city. She showed me the building where she had once worked as an elevator operator.
We drove through the neighborhood where she and her husband had lived when they were newlyweds. She had me pull up in front of a furniture warehouse that had once been a ballroom where she had gone dancing as a girl.
Sometimes she'd ask me to slow in front of a particular building or corner and would sit staring into the darkness, saying nothing.
As the first hint of sun was creasing the horizon, she suddenly said, 'I'm tired. Let's go now'.
We drove in silence to the address she had given me. It was a low building, like a small convalescent home, with a driveway that passed under a portico.
Two orderlies came out to the cab as soon as we pulled up. They were solicitous and intent, watching her every move.
They must have been expecting her.
I opened the trunk and took the small suitcase to the door. The woman was already seated in a wheelchair.
'How much do I owe you?' She asked, reaching into her purse.
'Nothing,' I said.
'You have to make a living,' she answered.
'There are other passengers,' I responded.
Almost without thinking, I bent and gave her a hug. She held onto me tightly.
'You gave an old woman a little moment of joy,' she said. 'Thank you.'
I squeezed her hand, and then walked into the dim morning light.. Behind me, a door shut. It was the sound of the closing of a life..
I didn't pick up any more passengers that shift. I drove aimlessly lost in thought. For the rest of that day,I could hardly talk. What if that woman had gotten an angry driver, or one who was impatient to end his shift? What if I had refused to take the run, or had honked once, then driven away?
On a quick review, I don't think that I have done anything more important in my life.
We're conditioned to think that our lives revolve around great moments.
But great moments often catch us unaware-beautifully wrapped in what others may consider a small one.
PEOPLE MAY NOT REMEMBER EXACTLY WHAT YOU DID, OR WHAT YOU SAID ~BUT~ THEY WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL.
At the bottom of this great story was a request to forward this - I deleted that request because if you have read to this point, you won't have to be asked to pass it along you just will...
Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance............
Also Read : https://www.actbiggy.com/heroic-88-year-old-gives-his.../

Follow Us Act Biggy