Rapture Timing and Enoch's 10-Week Prophecy and the End of the Age

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Radius

Feb 11, 2013
After listening to a few studies on the Essene calendar/Enoch's 10-Week prophecy, my hopes of a rapture in my lifetime has been dashed..

Are any of you familiar with it?

It basically has the end set at the year 2,075. (We are going to enter the final jubilee next year in 2,025 which is cool.) The calendar and prophecies have been dead on so far so it seems somewhat legit.

The disheartening part of it is if Christ is to return in the year 2075, and we back up 7 years from that for the tribulation it takes us to the year 2,068, and I doubt any of us are going to see that year.

What makes this prophecy even more credible is that "as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be." And how many years did God mark for man before the flood in those days? 120.

Could Israel becoming a nation again in 1948 set in motion the 120-year clock bringing us to the year 2,068 -- the possible rapture date? I don't know. But it made me think.

But how confident are you guys still in the possible 2030-2032'ish return of Christ? And are any of you familiar with the Essene, or Dead Sea Scrolls calendar/prophecies?

Here is Enoch's 10-Week prophecy, where I got this subject matter (no need to go to the beginning, I started the video right where the subject starts):

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Could Israel becoming a nation again in 1948 set in motion the 120-year clock bringing us to the year 2,068 -- the possible rapture date?
Why did you switch from days to years? There is no 120 year clock, and you should also ignore all this nonsense about 2075. There is no set date for the Resurrection/Rapture since it could even be today.

Radius

Feb 11, 2013
Why did you switch from days to years? There is no 120 year clock, and you should also ignore all this nonsense about 2075. There is no set date for the Resurrection/Rapture since it could even be today.
days can = years in Bible prophecy. And there was a 120-year clock before God sent the rain for the people to repent, which they did not. I'm saying it's possible God is also using 120 years for the people to repent using Israel becoming a nation again as the starting date.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
days can = years in Bible prophecy.
TOTALLY FALSE. That is why 1260 days is shown as 42 months, which are equal to 3 1/2 years, which are equal to time (1 year) + times (2 years) + half a time (6 months). See both Daniel and Revelation.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Many believe that seven days are 7,00k0 years. Tha last thousand are the millennium. For a thousand years to our Maker is but a day.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
For a thousand years to our Maker is but a day.
This Scripture should not be misapplied. It is simply stating God's eternal perspective. But when dealing with mankind, God is very precise about days, months, and years. The Bible is full of this kind of precision.

When the Ten Commandments say "for in SIX days" that is to be taken literally, since that carries over into the commandment to work for six literal days, and rest on the seventh. God created everything in six, literal, 24-hour days (which were counted in the Hebrew way with "evening" first, and "morning" next) The Hebrew day began at sunset and ended at sunset, and this is still prevalent among Jews.

When it comes to Bible prophecies, days mean days, and years mean years. "Weeks" mean either seven day weeks or seven year periods (heptads) depending on context. And this is found only in Daniel.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
This Scripture should not be misapplied. It is simply stating God's eternal perspective. But when dealing with mankind, God is very precise about days, months, and years. The Bible is full of this kind of precision.

When the Ten Commandments say "for in SIX days" that is to be taken literally, since that carries over into the commandment to work for six literal days, and rest on the seventh. God created everything in six, literal, 24-hour days (which were counted in the Hebrew way with "evening" first, and "morning" next) The Hebrew day began at sunset and ended at sunset, and this is still prevalent among Jews.

When it comes to Bible prophecies, days mean days, and years mean years. "Weeks" mean either seven day weeks or seven year periods (heptads) depending on context. And this is found only in Daniel.
W
What I have posted is ntot written in stonne, but it is written.