Reading in Revelation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
I had given up on reading in the Word through as I have always practiced in the past, replacing it with daily "devotions" given by others.. But now, having the use of read aloud and online Bibles I am able to "read" again for myself, and tody while reading Revelation several point lept out to my heart and mind and soul.

One in particular is how our Father has the world doing what He always knew it would, yet He has not assumed His full power. He is going to take back His full power soon enough, meanwhild do not fret if it seems He is doing nothing, for He is doing all, even without having yet assumed dHis full power. Now He certainly is mysterious isn't He. Praise God All Powerful, amen.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
I had given up on reading in the Word through as I have always practiced in the past, replacing it with daily "devotions" given by others.. But now, having the use of read aloud and online Bibles I am able to "read" again for myself, and tody while reading Revelation several point lept out to my heart and mind and soul.

One in particular is how our Father has the world doing what He always knew it would, yet He has not assumed His full power. He is going to take back His full power soon enough, meanwhild do not fret if it seems He is doing nothing, for He is doing all, even without having yet assumed dHis full power. Now He certainly is mysterious isn't He. Praise God All Powerful, amen.
I hadn't thought of Revelation in the light of God holding back on His full power today. What has always impressed me about Revelation is the assurance it gives of the trustworthiness of the power of God for us. The worst that can happen to us in this world that is more and more full of sin is death and even in death God is there for our protection.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
I hadn't thought of Revelation in the light of God holding back on His full power today. What has always impressed me about Revelation is the assurance it gives of the trustworthiness of the power of God for us. The worst that can happen to us in this world that is more and more full of sin is death and even in death God is there for our protection.
I do not like to Wpronounce" on Revelation, but I can say it could be that power , portion of th His power, He will assume is that allowed to the adversary until all righteousness is fulfilled………...it seems to me the only power He woud assume, or rather resume.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
I do not like to Wpronounce" on Revelation, but I can say it could be that power , portion of th His power, He will assume is that allowed to the adversary until all righteousness is fulfilled………...it seems to me the only power He woud assume, or rather resume.
Well Jack, the good is news is that our God does, indeed, reign supreme. That said, the bad news is this world is spiraling into self-destruction. We now have enough weapons stored to kill all life on earth many times over. Everyone is caught up in their own crusade to kill one neighbor or another.

The nations of this world have their friends and perceived enemies and are poised defend or enact revenge where deemed. There will be a worldwide conflict, it is in prophecy. God knew this would happen and He is letting mankind guided by Satan bring that about. Prophecy also says He will cut short the conflict to save a remnant of life to start over.

Matt. 24:22 "And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened."

Isa. 24:6 "Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left."

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Revelation!

Not for the weak of heart................

:)

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
This is a great thread. I am just a newbie in this book. Confused. lol

Looking forward to reading here.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Well imagine being in charge of entire creation and you have this upstart called satan who keeps trying to ruin it...he's allowed to have his way but only for a little while. Good will triumph over evil.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
This is a great thread. I am just a newbie in this book. Confused. lol
No need to be confused.

1. The letters to the seven churches (chapters 1-3) is to tell Christians to take heed unto themselves, and that they are totally accountable to Christ, along with their churches. No excuses will be tolerated.

2. The worship of God in Heaven (chapters 4 & 5) are to teach Christians how to worship in Spirit and in truth, and that only Christ is worthy in the sight of God the Father.

3. The judgments and wrath of God described from Rev 6-18 are to warn the unbelieving, the ungodly, and the wicked that they will face the wrath of God unless they repent.

4. The Marriage of the Lamb (Rev 19) is to encourage Christians to understand that God has a perfect plan for the Church in eternity.

5. The Millennium (Rev 20) is to show Christians that God has a perfect plan for redeemed and restored Israel in eternity.

6. The heavenly city New Jerusalem (Rev 21 &22) is to show Christians that God has a perfect eternal home for Christians.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
I do word studies and have done whole books at times. So I've tried with Revelations. There's so much symbolism that it's overwhelming to try this. So I've always put it aside and gleaned from others.

I may try again soon.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
No need to be confused.

1. The letters to the seven churches (chapters 1-3) is to tell Christians to take heed unto themselves, and that they are totally accountable to Christ, along with their churches. No excuses will be tolerated.

2. The worship of God in Heaven (chapters 4 & 5) are to teach Christians how to worship in Spirit and in truth, and that only Christ is worthy in the sight of God the Father.

3. The judgments and wrath of God described from Rev 6-18 are to warn the unbelieving, the ungodly, and the wicked that they will face the wrath of God unless they repent.

4. The Marriage of the Lamb (Rev 19) is to encourage Christians to understand that God has a perfect plan for the Church in eternity.

5. The Millennium (Rev 20) is to show Christians that God has a perfect plan for redeemed and restored Israel in eternity.

6. The heavenly city New Jerusalem (Rev 21 &22) is to show Christians that God has a perfect eternal home for Christians.
This is very helpful for knowing the purpose of the whole of the book. Thank you! :)