Reasonable for Him and ourselves.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
The chinese philosophy of the Tao also believes that having balance in life is important. That's where the yin and yang symbol comes from.
My sign for my clinic included this image. While I think much of eastern philosophies are merely mankind stumbling onto God's creation, i think they negate the Great I Am. I believe He created us with natures that thrive more when we are intentional with our choices, moderate and wise. However. I believe without Him it is impossible. Needless to say, i changed my sign and my mindset. Hey wait, in writing my response to you, it hit me. When I am seeking balance, trying to control my inner dwellings outside of Him, what a colossal waste of time. He is in control, and even is the one who gives us self control
It always starts and comes back to Him, eh?

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Yes yes yes@Jesus often spoils me with the desires of my heart. The problem is, those desires are in this world and they have become meaningless. In retrospect, I have been given things that I desired while still worldly and when the Lord finally gives me those things, I chuckle because they have lost their importance. Our Lord surely works in mysterious ways. :cool:

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
My sign for my clinic included this image. While I think much of eastern philosophies are merely mankind stumbling onto God's creation, i think they negate the Great I Am. I believe He created us with natures that thrive more when we are intentional with our choices, moderate and wise. However. I believe without Him it is impossible. Needless to say, i changed my sign and my mindset. Hey wait, in writing my response to you, it hit me. When I am seeking balance, trying to control my inner dwellings outside of Him, what a colossal waste of time. He is in control, and even is the one who gives us self control
Indeed, it does. Regarding your OP and balance, I like the way Paul put it.

1 Cor. 6:12-14 "All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any. Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats: but God shall destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body. And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power." :cool:

theanointedwinner

Nov 6, 2018
Well, Jesus came into this world to bring us into the kingdom of God to be one with Him and commune with Him. The Sovereign Ruling of GOD produces a consciousness of Him within us and brings us into fellowship & union with Him. We're no longer of this temporary world, we are of God. God speaks to us through the Holy Spirit; He leads us into all truth. That is what we manifest and bear testimony to. Although we we still get tripped up in error and experience problems, we know we’ve been delivered from the system of the world, the kingdom of darkness. We are under the rule of God's Son, Jesus Christ. We are forever in communing with God, we operate in a kingdom not of this world. We in effect pray without ceasing as we are in continuous fellowship and communion with God. He knows what we have need of before we ask. We can trust Him every moment for every need.

Praying without ceasing is always being in communion with God, which we are because of Christ.
Miss @AuntieAnt

Would you like to share a prayer with us?

Brandon123

May 15, 2019
The need for balance is built in to our physical bodies. We eat, and then stop eating while our food digests. We are awake, and then we sleep. We work, and we enjoy a day of rest.

The key to biblically sound balance is not equality, but proper place given to what is needed. I don't sleep twelve hours a day or take 3-1/2 day weekends every week (thought I might like to). Even with reading Scripture, I find that regular smaller doses are more effective in bringing about understanding and life change than infrequent "binges".

There are, of course, many things that don't need to be part of one's overall life balance: willful sins, poisons, self-harm, foolish risk-taking, and the like. There are many recognized disorders that illustrate imbalance in one's life: bipolar, OCD, alcoholism and addictions of most types, anorexia, etc.

God made us as unique individuals, so we need to be careful not to impose "our" version of balance on others. Better that we each seek to learn how He made "me" and, in each area, find the balance that is right for "me"... within the bounds of wisdom.
I agree with you to some extent...I think that some of what you mentioned is correct but OCD and Bi polar disorder are both mental illnesses. God designed us and made us and ours is a fallen nature...our bodies are in a fallen state .... people’s brains are organs ... like the rest of them we have in our bodies they are subject to weakness ,illnesses and everything else that goes with it. In my opinion we can exercise good judgment according to God’s word ... but our bodies(including our minds) May or may not be healed this side of eternity...if that makes sense...

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I agree with you to some extent...I think that some of what you mentioned is correct but OCD and Bi polar disorder are both mental illnesses. God designed us and made us and ours is a fallen nature...our bodies are in a fallen state .... people’s brains are organs ... like the rest of them we have in our bodies they are subject to weakness ,illnesses and everything else that goes with it. In my opinion we can exercise good judgment according to God’s word ... but our bodies(including our minds) May or may not be healed this side of eternity...if that makes sense...
Yes, you made perfect sense, very good point. Do you think that if one battles mental illness that they should be very mindful of their choices and give themselves lots of grace? I feel in my heart God gives lots of grace to those kinds of challenges and that He is able to use them for His Glory. After all, on this side, we all have weaknesses, right? I take comfort in His strength perfected in them.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Sorry Brandon, you were responding to Dino and I interjected myself into that equation. My bad, but still...lol

Brandon123

May 15, 2019
Is this your experience?

When I spend too much time watching tv, writing, playing online, being idle, or the opposite being too busy, I find that my mindset starts running a muck. I have found that one of the sweetest things about a relationship with our Lord is that He helps us find balance. Whenever I start feeling too confident, I feel He finds a way to humble me. If I am too hard on myself, He also helps me find victory in Him. If I am taking poor care of myself, He signals change is needed. In so many ways, I think He gives us tools to keep ourselves in chk.

We see so much in the word about balance, being reasonable in all that we do; my understanding is such that in doing so we are obeying Him, being in control of self, which requires keeping our minds and bodies, balanced, right?

Don't get me wrong.. it seems daily, I am out of balance one way or another. It seems that when I am most balanced, I have to be so mindful and it isn't easy. I guess this is where He comes in. After all, with Him, all things are possible.

How do you keep yourself in balance? Do you think it is an important part of walking a Christian Life? Do you think it grieves the spirit when we are out of balance? Do you think doing anything in excess is a sin of idolatry?
For
Yes, you made perfect sense, very good point. Do you think that if one battles mental illness that they should be very mindful of their choices and give themselves lots of grace? I feel in my heart God gives lots of grace to those kinds of challenges and that He is able to use them for His Glory. After all, on this side, we all have weaknesses, right? I take comfort in His strength perfected in them.
You know I really do and I’m glad you said that 🙂. God really spoke to me there..I need to recognize that more often ...

Aug 2, 2009
I was just saying that you were onto something with this balance idea. :D I don't consider the Tao a religious thing. It's more of a collection of tips to maintain a healthy mental well-being. I don't study it or anything but I used to be into martial arts and its one of the things that Bruce lee used to quote a lot. :)

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I was just saying that you were onto something with this balance idea. :D I don't consider the Tao a religious thing. It's more of a collection of tips to maintain a healthy mental well-being. I don't study it or anything but I used to be into martial arts and its one of the things that Bruce lee used to quote a lot. :)
Thanks Zero, i like the way you put that....a collection of tips to maintain a healthy well-being.

theanointedwinner

Nov 6, 2018
feeling excessively overextended can be a scary experience

love_comes_softly

Feb 13, 2019
In thinking about balance some more. I'm very thankful and blessed for the Godly friends the Lord has placed in my life. When I'm off balance and out of routine with things that help me keep balanced, such as reading His word, these friends help me check where I'm at and encourage me to regain balance in every area of my life.

Leastamongmany

Jun 2, 2019
Usa
Amen!

Leastamongmany

Jun 2, 2019
Usa
Amen!