Recently Widowed

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

BlueEyes38381

I lost the love of my life on April 7, 2012 at 7:55 a.m. due to complications from cirrhosis of the liver brought on by fatty liver disease. I am having a hard time not only with the grief of losing him but also because I am not used to this alone feeling, not having anyone much to talk to and just trying to figure out what it is God wants me to do with my life now. I have a good job so I get up and go to work Monday-Friday but....when I come home, I just want to be in my bedroom because I can't stand watching TV as that was what we did together. I miss having someone to talk to, someone who cares I guess and I'm tired of everyone telling me how strong I am. I'm really not. I just put on a brave front and people who don't really know me would think that everything is just fine. I'm just wanting to meet some people who I can chat with that are good listeners and don't mind giving their opinion. I just want to try to get over this intense sadness that has settled over me with David's passing.

X

XxX4201337B3457XxX

Be content and happy that you were with him and try to occupy yourself. Find a hobby that you like or have an interest in and pursue it. Do some volunteer work, that can be very satisfying. Don't wait for God to direct you, take initiative and find happiness yourself.

Jilly81

Jan 16, 2011
Hi......sad to hear about your loss :(. I wish I knew the right thing to say, but clicking the link in my signature will show you how to use the chat room, and you can talk in real time to people. I can think of at least a few people who are there regularly in the lounge who have been widowed, and they're even a tad younger than you. I hope Jesus can help you get over the loss of David; I can't imagine how much it must hurt to have lost him a week ago :(. "Jesus, thank you for being with Your people, even when it hurts". I know what you mean about having to put on a brave face, and act strong. I don't know if this song helps, but I feel led to put a link to it, so here it is: Twila Paris - Warrior is a Child / Do I Trust You - YouTube

The only thing I can say is that when I feel really bad, often the only thing that makes me feel better is to let Jesus hold me, so to speak. Not that it takes away all the pain, but...it sort of reminds me that He's there, and someday He'll wipe away every tear. What an awesome Messiah :)!

V

violakat

My mom was only a few years younger then you when my dad died. I remember she felt the same way as you did. Over time, her grief became easier. I have a feeling she still misses my dad, but at the same time, she has healed. It doesn't mean she doesn't cry at times (not sure, but wouldn't be surprised), but she has healed. But it took time.

Time does heal your heart. You may still have scars, but over time, your grief will become bearable, and eventually, you will not dwell on it. Right now, it's still very fresh and raw for you. In five years, it won't be so much, and then in 10 years, hopefully, you will have healed. Allow yourself to grieve. Don't let others try and persuade you to not cry. Just remember, everyone grieves in their own way and in their own time. And you may not feel strong now, but that's okay. God is strong enough to hold you up.

I'll be praying for you.

J

Jullianna

My husband went to be with the Lord several years ago. I remember well the things you describe here and I know that there is nothing I can say right now that will make it better. Only time and our precious Lord can do that.

I'm glad you've come to talk and share with us. Will be praying for you.

K

Kyouken01

I'm sorry to hear the bad news concerning your husband.

The loss of a loved one such as a husband or wife is something I don't want to even try to imagine.

If there's anything I could tell you, it's this: there are plenty of people here who I can imagine would be very willing to lend you an ear, myself included.

Don't worry about being strong; you've got Jesus' strength inside of you. However profound this sadness may be, it won't last forever, and you will overcome it.

Peace be with you.

You are in my prayers.

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
I'm so sorry about your loss! Praying for comfort and guidance for you and for new people to come into your life.

D

destiny

Pls I am sorry 4 d incident only God can make it well again. But try give those time in reading bible or novels and also prayer. May God help u

P

psychomom

So glad you're here, BlueEyes! When my dad died 5 years ago, my mom was suddenly alone after 53 years of marriage and 63 of "being together". She was terrified, and felt abandoned. My guess is that sounds familiar. :(

I know the Lord will see you through this, and agree this wound is so fresh you need to allow yourself t-i-m-e. Go ahead and grieve in your own way. I know the people here will bless you in Jesus. I'll be praying for you!!

~ellie

Devoted2JC

Jan 16, 2011
Hello I'm sorry about your lost
may god bless you.

S

Shelsiegirl

So sorry to hear about your loss...praying for you!

Mar 17, 2021
I lost the love of my life on April 7, 2012 at 7:55 a.m. due to complications from cirrhosis of the liver brought on by fatty liver disease. I am having a hard time not only with the grief of losing him but also because I am not used to this alone feeling, not having anyone much to talk to and just trying to figure out what it is God wants me to do with my life now. I have a good job so I get up and go to work Monday-Friday but....when I come home, I just want to be in my bedroom because I can't stand watching TV as that was what we did together. I miss having someone to talk to, someone who cares I guess and I'm tired of everyone telling me how strong I am. I'm really not. I just put on a brave front and people who don't really know me would think that everything is just fine. I'm just wanting to meet some people who I can chat with that are good listeners and don't mind giving their opinion. I just want to try to get over this intense sadness that has settled over me with David's passing.
I am so sorry you are feeling this way but please know that it is ok, and it just means you loved your husband very much. I will be praying that the Lord brings some wonderful people that you can share your life with.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I am so sorry you are feeling this way but please know that it is ok, and it just means you loved your husband very much. I will be praying that the Lord brings some wonderful people that you can share your life with.
Hi Trish...

This is an old thread, started in 2012. You can see the date of previous posts in the upper-left corner of each.

Don't worry; many new folks make that oversight. Best to start your own "Hello" thread as you'll get more responses.

Oh... and welcome to CC! :)

oyster67

May 24, 2014
A warm welcome to CC, sister Trish!:):coffee: As Dino said, you may start your own thread if you like. It takes a while for them to get processed, though.:)

Mar 17, 2021
Hi Trish...

This is an old thread, started in 2012. You can see the date of previous posts in the upper-left corner of each.

Don't worry; many new folks make that oversight. Best to start your own "Hello" thread as you'll get more responses.

Oh... and welcome to CC! :)
Thank you I saw it right after posting 🙃

Apr 19, 2021
I am trying new hobbies to occupy my time it really helps. Painting,swimming anything to distract myself read the Bible more read in general I read Corinthians 12 4~11 and I’ve been at it for days trying to establish the true meaning of it all sorry I don’t have much to contribute but I hope the little I was able to provide helps

Mariauk

Dec 25, 2023
I live with my daughter who are not interested in chatting to me i like to meet someone to chat to a 60 years old

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
I live with my daughter who are not interested in chatting to me i like to meet someone to chat to a 60 years old
Hi, there's a lot of 'oldies but goodies' here and the best way to get to know them is to get involved in the discussions. You can start one of your own with your concerns. There are running chat Threads in the Misc Forum when we have something on our minds to talk about. God bless you and nice to see you back!