Recommendations

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Seeker47

Aug 7, 2018
(I hope this is appropriate for this thread.)

I would really like to hear about any Christian book(s) that had a profound influence on your "walk".
A.W. Tozer's The Pursuit of God is one I have read time and time again. Any recommendations?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
The Pilgrims Progress by John Bunyan

Seeker47

Aug 7, 2018
Thank you for the recommendation. I am trying to develop a reading list and hope to avoid "the chaff".

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
If you go to Aneko press on YouTube , they have some wonderful audio books to listen to...
At the moment , I am listening to Charles Spurgeon called Life in Christ...
They also have A.W Tozers , and like I said ,many more , great to listen to if you cannot sleep...
...xox...

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
Not a Fan
by Kyle Idleman

Seeker47

Aug 7, 2018
I'll check it out....Thanks!

S

SigP226

The Jesus You Can't Ignore - John McArthur

Blue Like Jazz- Donald Miller

Seeker47

Aug 7, 2018

Blue Like Jazz- Donald Miller
I have read McArthur's Twelve ordinary men and enjoyed it very much. The Miller book sounds a little like where I am today. I have ordered a copy.

Thanks!

S

SigP226

I have read McArthur's Twelve ordinary men and enjoyed it very much. The Miller book sounds a little like where I am today. I have ordered a copy.

Thanks!
Blue like Jazz is a very interesting read. I'll be curious as to what you think of it.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Hello @Seeker47, there are many books to recommend. Here's a portion of the list that I would consider to be "must reads" for Christians (in no particular order).

1. Mere Christianity by C. S. Lewis​
2. The Screwtape Letters by C. S. Lewis​
3. Knowing God by Dr. J. I. Packer​

~Deut
p.s. - Bruchko - perhaps not a "must read", but a TRULY amazing/moving missionary's autobiography, and one of my all-time favorite books.

Seeker47

Aug 7, 2018
We must be kindred spirits, I have read 1,2 & 3 and couldn't agree more. Lewis is at the top of my list. I will check out the p.s. Thanks!

Feb 23, 2021
If you go to Aneko press on YouTube , they have some wonderful audio books to listen to...
At the moment , I am listening to Charles Spurgeon called Life in Christ...
They also have A.W Tozers , and like I said ,many more , great to listen to if you cannot sleep...
...xox...
Thank you for this! I hopped right over and checked them out. To start out, I added "The Pursuit Of God" to my Watch Later list. Yay!

T

TheIndianGirl

How is Jesus portrayed in this book? Is Jesus portrayed as liberal, conservative, etc.?

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Thank you for this! I hopped right over and checked them out. To start out, I added "The Pursuit Of God" to my Watch Later list. Yay!
Oh I am so thankful you see this post , I hope you will find some great Audio books on there...
...xox...

S

SigP226

How is Jesus portrayed in this book? Is Jesus portrayed as liberal, conservative, etc.?
I wouldn't say that there could be a political spin put on the book. It's very much rooted in the Gospel. It is a commitment to the authority of scripture. It is an encouragement to study the truths of scripture.

Seeker47

Aug 7, 2018
Thank you SigP226:

For recommending the book Blue Like Jazz.

It was something entirely different that what I am used to reading. It was refreshing and fascinating.

I come from a very conservative background (Please do not say Republican’t) and have had little exposure to the “Portland” ideologies and thoughts. In many ways it was eye opening; and as I got further into the book; profound. The “confessional” story gave me an entirely different viewpoint. Maybe that experience would help the American church break out of its trap. Anyway, I ramble.

I will need to read it again to go a little deeper.

Great recommendation. Great read!

(G22 .40)

S

SigP226

Thank you SigP226:

For recommending the book Blue Like Jazz.

It was something entirely different that what I am used to reading. It was refreshing and fascinating.

I come from a very conservative background (Please do not say Republican’t) and have had little exposure to the “Portland” ideologies and thoughts. In many ways it was eye opening; and as I got further into the book; profound. The “confessional” story gave me an entirely different viewpoint. Maybe that experience would help the American church break out of its trap. Anyway, I ramble.

I will need to read it again to go a little deeper.

Great recommendation. Great read!

(G22 .40)

It's definitely a different perspective. I don't know that I agree with ALL of it. But I will say that I do like Donald Millers writing style. It's honest.

Also, I have no trouble admitting I'm a right wing conservative ;)