Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.
If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!
you are truly a lovely flower upon a lovely flower....
in God's calendar in reckoning of time, spring is the essence of everything
brand-new it is the First of the Year -
because everything is re-birthing/blooming and signifies new=life, new=beginnings -
and fresh flowers to bring into our house....
It depends on what you are looking for and how much room you have. Something a little bigger will be more personable, like a cockatiel. Birds have personalities and mannerisms so don't just grab one, find one that wants to interact (like you would with a dog). I would stay away from pet shops, their animals are less socialized than a hand-raised bird will be. You want to find one that's comfortable being held by you before you take him/her. Look for a bird club, they'll know people who raise birds for pets or know of one that needs adopting. You're in southern California, right? I might be able to recommend a club in your area.
Birds are cool but they do need attention and interaction, and can be messy. But the right bird will curl up in your lap like a cat, and after a good head scratch go to sleep. I swear I hear Sidney snore
This one here is of special comfort to me right now. My Tequila girl, who I had put to sleep 3 weeks ago on Wednesday, used to sit in front of the window and stare out at the birds. Thank you Joi, I echo Ricky's sentiment that Red Bird is definitely a blessing..