Redemption

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 15, 2020
Romans 3:24
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Redemption is God buying us back, to liberate by releasing us from the blame, and to gain the title by payment that is necessary to convert us into something of value. It's not that we have the expiation of sin by the life, sufferings, and death of Jesus—because there is no sacrificial atonement in the death of Jesus for the sins of humanity. It's not that Jesus was intended to meet the demands of the law of God that would make such a moral impression upon humans in favor of God, that this would render our forgiveness from sin. And in the end we would have divine justice that made the forgiveness of humanity possible.

The deliverance is in the state of grace from God, who has chosen to deliver us from sin. We are therefore redeemed because Christ, who is the redeemer, paid the price to buy us back. How our heavenly Father’s heart must long to have His children come home and be freed from the spiritual chains of darkness that have gripped so many in the world.

E

EleventhHour

Not sure what you mean when you state there is no sacrificial atonement of sins in the death of Jesus for humanity?

Are you stating there is no atonement?

C

cuz

Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Redemption is God buying us back, to liberate by releasing us from the blame, and to gain the title by payment that is necessary to convert us into something of value. It's not that we have the expiation of sin by the life, sufferings, and death of Jesus—because there is no sacrificial atonement in the death of Jesus for the sins of humanity. It's not that Jesus was intended to meet the demands of the law of God that would make such a moral impression upon humans in favor of God, that this would render our forgiveness from sin. And in the end we would have divine justice that made the forgiveness of humanity possible.

The deliverance is in the state of grace from God, who has chosen to deliver us from sin. We are therefore redeemed because Christ, who is the redeemer, paid the price to buy us back. How our heavenly Father’s heart must long to have His children come home and be freed from the spiritual chains of darkness that have gripped so many in the world.
I dont realy understand what you are saying
Adam brought death through his body
Jesus brought life through his body

we have life or death
life in Christ
death in flesh
only by what we trust in is what we will receive
if i enter into Christ in his body ive been given life
if i live in the flesh and am the master of my flesh then death is given
if i live by the spirit and Christ is my master life is given
all is done by faith by the way

who was restored back to the father ? it was Christ
and if we are in him
then us to

Sipsey

Sep 27, 2018

You may clearly understand what you have in mind when you pen your words. I don’t know if you spend much time in a kitchen, but it seems your forte is goulash.

Jun 15, 2020
I dont realy understand what you are saying
Adam brought death through his body
Jesus brought life through his body

we have life or death
life in Christ
death in flesh
only by what we trust in is what we will receive
if i enter into Christ in his body ive been given life
if i live in the flesh and am the master of my flesh then death is given
if i live by the spirit and Christ is my master life is given
all is done by faith by the way

who was restored back to the father ? it was Christ
and if we are in him
then us to
May I ask how do you "walk in the spirit" so I can try to understand what your saying?

Jun 15, 2020
Not sure what you mean when you state there is no sacrificial atonement of sins in the death of Jesus for humanity?

Are you Catholic?

Jun 15, 2020

What is an atonement?

C

cuz

May I ask how do you "walk in the spirit" so I can try to understand what your saying?
to walk as Christ walked
to be Christ like
to love others as he has loved you
What did Christ leave ? Peace
how can we tell if you are a christian ?
by your walk
put these things on
1cor 13:4

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
EXCERPT:

Atonement Definition
In Christianity, atonement refers to the needed reconciliation between sinful mankind and the holy God. This reconciliation is possible through the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ, as expressed in Romans 3:25, Romans 5:11, and Romans 5:19. Atonement is the Bible’s central message.\

“Receiving the atonement is our actual reconciliation to God in justification, grounded upon Christ's satisfaction,” according to Matthew Henry’s Commentary. “We Christians, we believers, have now, now in gospel times, or now in this life, received the atonement, which was typified by the sacrifices under the law, and is an earnest of our happiness in heaven.”

HERE;

Atonement - Definition and Meaning | Bible Dictionary

C

cuz

What is an atonement?
Galatians 3:27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.
Colossians 3
3 For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ, who is your[a] life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.
5 Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry. 6 Because of these, the wrath of God is coming. 7 You used to walk in these ways, in the life you once lived. 8 But now you must also rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips. 9 Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices

these were the things we did with the old heart
because of the atonement (the flesh that gives life) we receive a new heart
your not the same as you use to be
your heart has changed and paul is saying pull these things off
rid your self of them
the atonement (body that was beaten and died for you) joined you back to the father

Jun 15, 2020
Galatians 3:27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.
Colossians 3
3 For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ, who is your[a] life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.
5 Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry. 6 Because of these, the wrath of God is coming. 7 You used to walk in these ways, in the life you once lived. 8 But now you must also rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips. 9 Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices

these were the things we did with the old heart
because of the atonement (the flesh that gives life) we receive a new heart
your not the same as you use to be
your heart has changed and paul is saying pull these things off
rid your self of them
the atonement (body that was beaten and died for you) joined you back to the father
I think we agree. I put off those things when I began to walk in the spirit. I believe the reason we will not lust after the flesh when we walk in the spirit is because the spirit of Christ does not lust after the flesh.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
BEWARE OF FALSE TEACHERS!
It's not that we have the expiation of sin by the life, sufferings, and death of Jesus—because there is no sacrificial atonement in the death of Jesus for the sins of humanity.
This is PURE UNADULTERATED RUBBISH. Not only that but you are contradicting God, Christ, and the apostles with this statement.

It is evident that even though you are ignorant of fundamental Gospel truths, you have come on board recently as though you understand them. We can simply look at Isaiah 53 to REFUTE you false doctrine.

ISAIAH 53: THE SACRIFICE OF CHRIST FOR THE SINS OF THE WORLD
1 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?
2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
7He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.
10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.
12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

C

cuz

I think we agree. I put off those things when I began to walk in the spirit. I believe the reason we will not lust after the flesh when we walk in the spirit is because the spirit of Christ does not lust after the flesh.
Please understand
its not rid yourself of these things to receive atonement
its the atonement that you have received that gave a new heart (new desires) (focus)
but we still have old habits to break
so paul is saying set your eye (focus) on things above (let God consume you)(focus on how to love others)(focus on how he loved you)
not setting your eyes (focus) on things below (not focus on sin )(not focus on your flesh)

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Atonement may be recompense, payment and more. Our Savior has atoned for our sins when we believe Him.

Jun 15, 2020
BEWARE OF FALSE TEACHERS!

This is PURE UNADULTERATED RUBBISH. Not only that but you are contradicting God, Christ, and the apostles with this statement.

It is evident that even though you are ignorant of fundamental Gospel truths, you have come on board recently as though you understand them. We can simply look at Isaiah 53 to REFUTE you false doctrine.

ISAIAH 53: THE SACRIFICE OF CHRIST FOR THE SINS OF THE WORLD
1 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?
2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
7He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.
10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.
12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.
What you believe was put in play by the Catholics and that is not the gospel of Christ.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
What you believe was put in play by the Catholics and that is not the gospel of Christ.
We try to keep far away from Roman teachings..............thank you and my you always be blessed.

Jun 15, 2020
We try to keep far away from Roman teachings..............thank you and my you always be blessed.
I wish we were staying far from the Catholics. Just on the sin nature alone we see Augustine's formulation of the original sin after the year of 412 was also popular among protestant reformer's such as Martin Luther and John Calvin. Augustine's concept influenced the development of the western church and western philosophy and indirectly all of western Christianity. The boy was a Catholic Bishop.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
I wish we were staying far from the Catholics. Just on the sin nature alone we see Augustine's formulation of the original sin after the year of 412 was also popular among protestant reformer's such as Martin Luther and John Calvin. Augustine's concept influenced the development of the western church and western philosophy and indirectly all of western Christianity. The boy was a Catholic Bishop.
There is the Great Harlot on seven hills. She is the mother o harlots. I believe I know who her daughters are, and I have been called out of them all beginning with the mother.