Reject man-made works and election religions, but instead : -

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

Sorry, this post has me lost -- all I saw that he posted was Scripture - or did I miss something? Maybe he has a history of promoting a works salvation? Is that the problem?
Lets see

He posts about a works based gospel

Then follow it up with a passage that talks about us stopping sin. Instead of a passage about being saved by grace.

He posts sanctification passages in lew of justification passages.

come on. Put two and two together.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
Sorry, this post has me lost -- all I saw that he posted was Scripture - or did I miss something? Maybe he has a history of promoting a works salvation? Is that the problem?
Only the finished work of Christ. :)

PS

Jan 11, 2013
These are some good verses. What is the point you are seeking to make in quoting these verses from Colossians? What stands out to you from this text of Scripture?
Let self die, so that we may rise to newness of life in Jesus Christ. :)

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
I knew it, Your just another one

1 John 3. He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.

My conscious s fine. Because I am not only saved by God. I am also being sanctified by God through discipleship.

John said a man of God can not live in sin, So like your brothers you now call God a liar.

And your slander And li against me and my faith is once again Noted
This refers to a lifestyle of habitual and willfull sin. This is not the characteristics of one Born of God.

As Spurgeon points out: "Now we are sure that cannot mean that he does not sin at all, but it means that sins not habitually, he sins not designedly, he sins not finally, so as to perish. The Bible often calls a man righteous; but that does not mean that he is perfectly righteous. It calls a man a sinner, but it does not imply that he may not have done some good deeds in his life; it means that that is the man's general character. So with the man who abides in Christ: his general character is not that he is a sinner, but that he is a saint—he sinneth not openly wilfully before men. In his own heart, he has much to confess, but his life before his fellow creatures is such a one that it can be said of him: "Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not; but whosoever sinneth [the sins of this world. in which the multitude indulge] hath not seen him, neither known him."

PS

Jan 11, 2013
Lets see

He posts about a works based gospel

Then follow it up with a passage that talks about us stopping sin. Instead of a passage about being saved by grace.

He posts sanctification passages in lew of justification passages.

come on. Put two and two together.
I abhor works based religion, I am surprised you have not realised. As no man can save himself, all our efforts are doomed to failure. Only Christ can work in us, so we need to offer Christ an open empty heart, His will to do.

E

eternally-gratefull

This refers to a lifestyle of habitual and willfull sin. This is not the characteristics of one Born of God.
exactly it means one born of God can never sin their way out of salvation.
[/quote]
As Spurgeon points out: "Now we are sure that cannot mean that he does not sin at all, but it means that sins not habitually, he sins not designedly, he sins not finally, so as to perish. The Bible often calls a man righteous; but that does not mean that he is perfectly righteous. It calls a man a sinner, but it does not imply that he may not have done some good deeds in his life; it means that that is the man's general character. So with the man who abides in Christ: his general character is not that he is a sinner, but that he is a saint—he sinneth not openly wilfully before men. In his own heart, he has much to confess, but his life before his fellow creatures is such a one that it can be said of him: "Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not; but whosoever sinneth [the sins of this world. in which the multitude indulge] hath not seen him, neither known him."[/QUOTE]
amen, again exactly,

he will not live as he did Before his new birth, it’s Impossible, he is a new creature.

E

eternally-gratefull

I abhor works based religion, I am surprised you have not realised. As no man can save himself, all our efforts are doomed to failure. Only Christ can work in us, so we need to offer Christ an open empty heart, His will to do.
You teach a works based gospel

if you abhor it like you claim, then you have lied to yourself about what you think you believe my friend.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
You teach a works based gospel

if you abhor it like you claim, then you have lied to yourself about what you think you believe my friend.
Why do you think we are always at loggerheads?

PS

Jan 11, 2013
exactly it means one born of God can never sin their way out of salvation.
As Spurgeon points out: "Now we are sure that cannot mean that he does not sin at all, but it means that sins not habitually, he sins not designedly, he sins not finally, so as to perish. The Bible often calls a man righteous; but that does not mean that he is perfectly righteous. It calls a man a sinner, but it does not imply that he may not have done some good deeds in his life; it means that that is the man's general character. So with the man who abides in Christ: his general character is not that he is a sinner, but that he is a saint—he sinneth not openly wilfully before men. In his own heart, he has much to confess, but his life before his fellow creatures is such a one that it can be said of him: "Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not; but whosoever sinneth [the sins of this world. in which the multitude indulge] hath not seen him, neither known him."[/QUOTE]
amen, again exactly,

he will not live as he did Before his new birth, it’s Impossible, he is a new creature.[/QUOTE]
Then make sure you ARE born of God.

E

eternally-gratefull

Why do you think we are always at loggerheads?
We continue to butt heads because you continue to say one thing, then contradict yourself over and over,

E

eternally-gratefull

Then make sure you ARE born of God.
see what I mean?

I show a man born of god can’t sin, which proves they can not lose salvation because of sin

and instead of saying, wow, I see this, maybe I need to rethink your position, you turn it into another things against me

i know I have been born of God, why do you think I have overcome fear and live in rest?

PS

Jan 11, 2013
see what I mean?

I show a man born of god can’t sin, which proves they can not lose salvation because of sin

and instead of saying, wow, I see this, maybe I need to rethink your position, you turn it into another things against me

i know I have been born of God, why do you think I have overcome fear and live in rest?
One of us is not a new creation in Christ.

CherieR

May 6, 2017
Let self die, so that we may rise to newness of life in Jesus Christ. :)
According to Ephesians 2:5, when were dead in sins, it was God who quickened us together with Christ. Therefore it is God who gives us newness of life in Christ.

Do you mean that in following Jesus that we will experience more life, joy, peace and freedom in our lives the closer we walk with him?

E

eternally-gratefull

One of us is not a new creation in Christ.
I can’t judge this only god can

one of us depends on christ

the other depends on self

i think it is not hard to figure out which one. all anyone has to do is read what we say

PS

Jan 11, 2013
According to Ephesians 2:5, when were dead in sins, it was God who quickened us together with Christ. Therefore it is God who gives us newness of life in Christ.

Do you mean that in following Jesus that we will experience more life, joy, peace and freedom in our lives the closer we walk with him?
Yes, our old life is gone in newness of life as we walk and talk in fellowship with the Lord. Gone is the old man and in with the new, putting our cares on Him.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
I can’t judge this only god can

one of us depends on christ

the other depends on self

i think it is not hard to figure out which one. all anyone has to do is read what we say
If we were brothers in Christ, you would not be disruptive.

E

eternally-gratefull

Yes, our old life is gone in newness of life as we walk and talk in fellowship with the Lord. Gone is the old man and in with the new, putting our cares on Him.
Then how can we ever fall away if it is all the work of God?

TooFastTurtle

Apr 10, 2019
There is only one way possible the Bible teaches works. That was is if he law could bring one to salvation by how good they are

the law teaches no one is righteous, no not one.

It teaches all hve sinned and fall short

The law teaches there isONE way at redemption. That way is via the shedding of blood. Even hebrews admits, without the shedding of blood, there is no remission.

The law teaches there is only one sacrifice which is valid. The lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world.

It does nto teach any other way to salvation.

You want to try to work to earn salvation. Good luck. But know this, YOU WILL FAIL.
New Testament commandments are not "works of the law". That is where you are mistaken.