Religion Generates Evil

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

DudleyDorite

Aug 7, 2018
That is crazy. Christ is fully human in the fact that He is HUMAN. Not complicated,simple because He took on FLESH FORM. NOT COMPLICATED.

You said IF Christ were 100%, God, there is NO "IF" scripture is clear that HE 'IS'.

The scriptures are VERY clear. If you are questioning the obvious in scripture then maybe Christianity is not for you. Though you would do well to be a Christian because outside of that there is no life.

No one made God and it is clear the scripture says He is God. that is Christianity 101. If you question this , you question God Himself.
I do believe Jesus is fully human. But the trinity doctrine teaches he's 100% God at the same time. That's crazy because if that is true then the cross is useless because we know God cannot sin. There's not one scripture that says Jesus is God. Some trinitarian translators tried to inject their trinitarian slant into the translation of some verses, and if you quote them I'll fix them for you.

Trinitarians will tell you that it's not clear that Jesus is God. They tell us that the doctrine is inexplicable and undecipherable, yet they tell us that if we don't accept the trinity doctrine we are not Christian. That alone shows me that it's a doctrine of demons. One Christian condemning another Christian over a man made doctrine that is completely outrageous.

Jesus is God, God is Jesus, the Holy Spirit is God, God is the Holy Spirit, Jesus is the Holy spirit, the Holy Spirit is Jesus yet they are three separate/different beings, i.e. but "NOT separate in substance!" All of them co-equal! Trinitarians don't tell you HOW this can be because they can't. I have no clue how that can be either!

The Trinity myth is an invention of pagan men adopted by Catholics under the authority of the pagan Roman Emperor, Constantine who forced its adoption at the Council of Nicea of 325 AD. Constantine was a pagan worshipper of the "Unconquered Sun." The trinity was his attempt at maintaining control by religiously unifying his faltering empire.

Triads of gods appeared in all the ancient cultures of Sumer, Babylonia, Egypt, India, Greece and finally Rome.

Why did Jesus say the Father is greater? Why did he say only the Father knows the day and hour of his return? Did he forget? Or did he just not know! Why do trinitarians also fail to see that this means the third person of the Trinity doesn't know either?

Jesus was subordinate to the Father...

John 6:57 Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me.

John 5:19 Jesus gave them this answer: "I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does

John 6:29 Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent."

1 Corinthians 11:3 Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.

John 20:17 Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet returned to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'"
________________________________________________________________________________

I don't usually get any answers from people but I'll give it a shot...

Do you think we are the only fallen planet in the universe?

DudleyDorite

Aug 7, 2018
Wow.......................just a couple of points to ponder after reading a few of the posts above...

a. The Holy Spirit is identified under the personal pronoun HE
b. Let us make man in our image.....and God breathed into Adam the breath of LIVES <---PLURAL in HEBREW

Hebrew has...
a. Singlar <--1
b. Dual <---2 or pairs
c. PLURAL <---3 or more

The bible is clear on God, his nature, characteristics and the ABOVE bolded........
You are welcome to show me why the holy spirit isn't found in or around the throne of God, and why it happens to be nameless.

Dec 12, 2013
You are welcome to show me why the holy spirit isn't found in or around the throne of God, and why it happens to be nameless.
And you are welcome to explain the following, and the burden of proof is not on me pal....

b. Let us make man in our image.....and God breathed into Adam the breath of LIVES <---PLURAL in HEBREW

Hebrew has...
a. Singlar <--1
b. Dual <---2 or pairs
c. PLURAL <---3 or more

The bible is clear on God, his nature, characteristics and the ABOVE bolded........

And.....the H.S. is not nameless "Identified once by Christ" and identified numerous times by the personal pronoun HE.......you do understand grammar right......?

Dec 12, 2013
I do believe Jesus is fully human. But the trinity doctrine teaches he's 100% God at the same time. That's crazy because if that is true then the cross is useless because we know God cannot sin. There's not one scripture that says Jesus is God. Some trinitarian translators tried to inject their trinitarian slant into the translation of some verses, and if you quote them I'll fix them for you.

Trinitarians will tell you that it's not clear that Jesus is God. They tell us that the doctrine is inexplicable and undecipherable, yet they tell us that if we don't accept the trinity doctrine we are not Christian. That alone shows me that it's a doctrine of demons. One Christian condemning another Christian over a man made doctrine that is completely outrageous.

Jesus is God, God is Jesus, the Holy Spirit is God, God is the Holy Spirit, Jesus is the Holy spirit, the Holy Spirit is Jesus yet they are three separate/different beings, i.e. but "NOT separate in substance!" All of them co-equal! Trinitarians don't tell you HOW this can be because they can't. I have no clue how that can be either!

The Trinity myth is an invention of pagan men adopted by Catholics under the authority of the pagan Roman Emperor, Constantine who forced its adoption at the Council of Nicea of 325 AD. Constantine was a pagan worshipper of the "Unconquered Sun." The trinity was his attempt at maintaining control by religiously unifying his faltering empire.

Triads of gods appeared in all the ancient cultures of Sumer, Babylonia, Egypt, India, Greece and finally Rome.

Why did Jesus say the Father is greater? Why did he say only the Father knows the day and hour of his return? Did he forget? Or did he just not know! Why do trinitarians also fail to see that this means the third person of the Trinity doesn't know either?

Jesus was subordinate to the Father...

John 6:57 Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me.

John 5:19 Jesus gave them this answer: "I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does

John 6:29 Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent."

1 Corinthians 11:3 Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.

John 20:17 Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet returned to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'"
________________________________________________________________________________

I don't usually get any answers from people but I'll give it a shot...

Do you think we are the only fallen planet in the universe?
The bolded above is not entirely true.........the bible is clear....Jesus disrobed himself of the GLORY he has/had with the Father as God and took the form and likeness of sinful flesh and was hindered by said flesh.....

DudleyDorite

Aug 7, 2018
The bolded above is not entirely true.........the bible is clear....Jesus disrobed himself of the GLORY he has/had with the Father as God and took the form and likeness of sinful flesh and was hindered by said flesh.....
Nothing says Jesus "as God' shared the Glory of the Father. Only that he left that glory. The doctrine does state that Jesus is 100% God and man at the same time.

Gotta go lightening storm going on.

Dec 12, 2013
Nothing says Jesus "as God' shared the Glory of the Father. Only that he left that glory. The doctrine does state that Jesus is 100% God and man at the same time.

Gotta go lightening storm going on.
Maybe study more...

Bible > John > Chapter 17 > Verse 5

John 17:5
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

New Living Translation
Now, Father, bring me into the glory we shared before the world began.

English Standard Version
And now, Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had with you before the world existed.

Berean Study Bible
And now, Father, glorify Me in Your presence with the glory I had with You before the world existed.

Berean Literal Bible
And now glorify Me, You Father, with Yourself, with the glory that I had with You before the world existed.

New American Standard Bible
"Now, Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

King James Bible
And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Christian Standard Bible
Now, Father, glorify me in your presence with that glory I had with you before the world existed

Laish

Jul 31, 2016
Is it possible that religion through an unknown process produce more evil than good. I am just saying that because of all the scandals that have recently come out especially sexual scandals. These are not a few people but large scale organized rapes! For example, it looks like every catholic priest is an abuser and all bishops approved that (may be even the pope). When I see that I am ashamed to be a christian. Why does something that is supposed to make us good, produce so much evil?
My opinion religion is just a tool .
Is it possible that religion through an unknown process produce more evil than good. I am just saying that because of all the scandals that have recently come out especially sexual scandals. These are not a few people but large scale organized rapes! For example, it looks like every catholic priest is an abuser and all bishops approved that (may be even the pope). When I see that I am ashamed to be a christian. Why does something that is supposed to make us good, produce so much evil?
My opinion religion is a tool . Like anything in the hands of man it can be for good or evil.
To blame religion for all the bad stuff folks have done in different Christian circles is like blaming a gun for a holdup. The simple worship of God as shown in the scriptures is religion. It is a gift from God .
Blessings
Bill

epostle

Oct 24, 2015
Well, since you asked...

I count five separate posts where you attempted to blame-shift or throw shade. Tu quoque arguments are invalid no matter who makes them.
"blame-shift or throw shade" on more than one is your opinion. Comparisons is not blame shifting. Mentioning Protestants in this ugly topic is not blame shifting. My posts are mostly SELF BLAME on my own church, but nothing satisfies you. To blame shift, I would have to deny the shameful realities in my own church. I have not done that. Your accusation is phony. It's the "turn the tables" fallacy. Tu quoque charge is phony too because the only conclusion I have made is the OP is based on anti-Catholic media lies, which have proven, that you seem to vigorously defend. Your a non-denom with no ecclesiology if I recall correctly.

May 25, 2010, 1:59 pm
Scandal creates contempt for Catholic clergy

Insurance companies, child advocacy groups and religion scholars say there is no evidence that Catholic clergy are more likely to be involved in sexual misconduct than other clergy or professionals. Yet ongoing civil litigation of decades-old cases against a church with deep pockets keeps the Catholic Church in the headlines.

“There is no plausible evidence that Catholic priests are gangs of sexual predators, as they are being portrayed,” said Pennsylvania State University Prof. Philip Jenkins, eminent religion and history scholar, and a non-Catholic who’s studied the church’s abuse problems for 20 years.

:mad:Pennsylvania State University Prof. is blame shifting!!!:mad:

A Look at Abuse in Protestant Churches

Yes, I am really blame shifting. Big time. Now, you are right.
It gets worse. Would you like some more??? I want to prove how right you are.

...never mind...I have a better solution...
IGNORE.jpg

P

pjharrison

Trinitarians are dead set against saying the Holy Spirit is the POWER of God because they claim HE is a person of the trinity equal to God and Jesus. BUT! The scriptures say that IT is the power of God...

And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

I have a few questions for Trinitarians that NOT ONE of them have ever been able to answer.

Why is it this supposed "third person of the Trinity" HAS NO NAME?

Why is it that this "third person of the trinity" IS NOT found in or around the Throne of God.

I can answer the questions if you like.
I will tell you this way. If I decide to speak, first I have to think it, then I say it. God think it, the word (Jesus) says it, The holy spirit does it. One God. Three functions. Same God.
John 10:30
30 I and my Father are one.

DudleyDorite

Aug 7, 2018
Maybe study more...

Bible > John > Chapter 17 > Verse 5

John 17:5
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

New Living Translation
Now, Father, bring me into the glory we shared before the world began.

English Standard Version
And now, Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had with you before the world existed.

Berean Study Bible
And now, Father, glorify Me in Your presence with the glory I had with You before the world existed.

Berean Literal Bible
And now glorify Me, You Father, with Yourself, with the glory that I had with You before the world existed.

New American Standard Bible
"Now, Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

King James Bible
And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Christian Standard Bible
Now, Father, glorify me in your presence with that glory I had with you before the world existed
I probably studied this issue more than time you've spent on the toilet in your lifetime.
So what are you getting at? John 17:5 has zero to do with a trinity! I bet most of you have no clue just what the trinity doctrine teaches!

DudleyDorite

Aug 7, 2018
And you are welcome to explain the following, and the burden of proof is not on me pal....

Hebrew has...
a. Singlar <--1
b. Dual <---2 or pairs
c. PLURAL <---3 or more

And.....the H.S. is not nameless "Identified once by Christ" and identified numerous times by the personal pronoun HE.......you do understand grammar right......?
So HE is his name? Brilliant!

"Let us" make man... That means the heavenly host! The angels took part in the creation process!

DudleyDorite

Aug 7, 2018
I will tell you this way. If I decide to speak, first I have to think it, then I say it. God think it, the word (Jesus) says it, The holy spirit does it. One God. Three functions. Same God.
John 10:30
30 I and my Father are one.
WOW! That really proves the existence of a trinity!
ONE means one minded in purpose.

Let's not derail the thread any more.

Feb 28, 2016
no human being can forgive or exonerate another's sins against
our Holy Saviour, Jesus Christ - He and only He is our appointed
Intercessor who is able to intercede for us before The Father
when we come before Him in heartfelt-repentance...

anyone who believes otherwise is greatly deceived...

NayborBear

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
In answering the OP, "Religion" doesn't "GENERATE" evil! Evil generates itself very well without ANY assistance from "Religion!"

How "evil" infiltrated "Religion", even back in the days, of the N.T., yea, even before Jude was written? Is pretty simple! VANITY! When man thinks himself to be so strong, he wrongfully pursues "evil" to eradicate it on his own, or depending on his own "merits?" God "allows" evil, in its showing that "man", or "religion", is not so strong, eh? ;)

epostle

Oct 24, 2015
WOW! That really proves the existence of a trinity!
ONE means one minded in purpose.

Let's not derail the thread any more.
The thread is about lies and one sided attacks over sex abuse. Several posts were wasted over someone trying to control my content. Lies, insults and ridiculous exaggerations in the OP is acceptable, but mention of anyone else becomes blame shifting and deflection.

I generally stay away from JW's because they can't be reasoned with. The same scriptures have different meanings for the same words. They use an adulterated Bible and pretend it's the same as yours.

"Jesus can't be God because He became sin" is a heresy. God cannot become sin. The phrase is shorthand from a passage in Isaiah that has nothing to do with "becoming sin". The argument is a straw man fallacy.
It's a Calvinoid invention if memory serves me right.

JW's are modern day Arians. They can't talk about Arius without their own false histories and a Bible that's tailor made to fit their doctrines. That's why talking with a JW requires careful preparation.

Talking to Jehovah's Witnesses

Stumpers for the Jehovah's Witnesses

History of the Jehovah's Witnesses

HISTORY AND TECHNIQUES OF THE JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES

Dec 12, 2013
I probably studied this issue more than time you've spent on the toilet in your lifetime.
So what are you getting at? John 17:5 has zero to do with a trinity! I bet most of you have no clue just what the trinity doctrine teaches!
So what, the above proves nothing and Genesis alone refutes your view.....

Dec 12, 2013
So HE is his name? Brilliant!

"Let us" make man... That means the heavenly host! The angels took part in the creation process!
I never said HE pal and the rest of your statement reeks of ignorance........You must be a Charles Russell-ite......or a False Jehovah's witness.....