Religion versers the law.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

is folllowing religion the same as being under the law

• yes

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • no

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • both the same

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Paul was an intellectual whose mind worked in a complicated way that people are just not following at all. To top this off, God spoke to man in one way for thousands of years with what we call the old covenant. God gave commands to help man understand the laws of the spirit of God, commands that ruled their everyday life, like cutting flesh to get across to them they were different and belonged to God and it was cutting flesh.

When man started believing in these physical helps and ignoring what they were to teach they were taken away. These things were called the law of Moses. Moses had also given the spirit of the law, but in stone not the heart. When God gave the law in our hearts at Pentecost, people got all tangled up in law. They said we aren't under the law (because the law wouldn't save them) and all law is dead (because God took back the "law of Moses"). Based on truth and a complete misunderstanding at the same time.

An added complication for men's understanding is that man is simply not capable of being perfect, and God demands perfection to live eternally. That meant that all men would die simply because they were men. Christ is sent to take care of that. Now, when man finds they sin, instead of repenting they say oh well, I have faith that saves, why should I fight myself over this sin.

So the simple, cut to the basics, is that Christ saves us through faith and that means we repent of sin even though we are incapable of achieving sinlessness.
Yes not stealing and Committing adultery is good .

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
In Ephesians it was explained that before gentiles were not circumcised, only Jews and circumcision was considered a law. Christ did away with that division among people, that "law" was abolished, but Christ did not do away with the spirit of the law. That law is expressed inadequately in the ten commandments written in stone, but it was perfected when that law was written in our hearts. It is from the Lord, and the Lord did not write it on our hearts and then destroy what God wrote there.
There is a time for when breaking a law is right . Like if a zombie bit your arm ,and I chopped it off before virus spread . Chopping arms off is illegal normally. But its the right thing to do in the above zombie attack. There's a time for each thing . The Spirit of the law is like this . However ,the point is a Christian is not UNDER the law .

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
Praising the law on this site will only bring negative posts and put downs. Even David who wrote the 119th long psalm would be put down if David was here to make that psalm a post.

The posts most love to write is about ways of the Lord that could be considered ways to avoid obedience, like that the law will not save, and that God took back certain commands he had given the world like circumcision. Those truths are petted and savored until they obscure anything that praises the law. You are considered a downer if you love the law. In some cases negative posts get extreme and severe, posters declare a sort of war on you.
You can't turn the gospel into the law

People couldn't keep the law of commandments, it was says Peter a yoke which neither the fathers or we were able to bear.

So how will they manage to obey the gospel of grace which has a much, much higher standard than the law? The only way the gospel can be lived is by a LIFE even the life of Christ Himself dwelling in us.

Hard on the footsteps of the lawyers are the judges to ensure and enforce the law.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
Yes christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law. i completely agree. makes me wonder what paul was actually refering to the galations. its doesnt say what works of the law they where relying on, but at a guess they where probably still doin animal sacrifice or something.

galation 3 clearly is saying if you have no faith you will be cursed. basically if you dont believe in Jesus you will be cursed.
God never quarrelled with the Jews because they were not observing animal sacrifice or observing feasts or they were uncircumcised. He quarrelled with them because their hearts were far from Him.

E

eternally-gratefull

You can't turn the gospel into the law

People couldn't keep the law of commandments, it was says Peter a yoke which neither the fathers or we were able to bear.

So how will they manage to obey the gospel of grace which has a much, much higher standard than the law? The only way the gospel can be lived is by a LIFE even the life of Christ Himself dwelling in us.

Hard on the footsteps of the lawyers are the judges to ensure and enforce the law.
I think Paul said it when he said if your going to do part of the law you indebted to keep it all

and before he made this remark, he said no one has kept the law (perfection was required)

and before this, he said if I go back to the law all I do is go back to proving I am a failure and a sinner.

all this is in galations, trying to plead with them to walk away fro the schoolmaster and walk towards Christ,

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
I think Paul said it when he said if your going to do part of the law you indebted to keep it all

and before he made this remark, he said no one has kept the law (perfection was required)

and before this, he said if I go back to the law all I do is go back to proving I am a failure and a sinner.

all this is in galations, trying to plead with them to walk away fro the schoolmaster and walk towards Christ,
totally and of course when we fail which we certainly will then comes condemnation which is what the devil planned all along.

E

eternally-gratefull

totally and of course when we fail which we certainly will then comes condemnation which is what the devil planned all along.
Legalism is satans greatest triumph,

if I can turn peoples eyes of God and back on self, I have won

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Works of the law we as christians are instructed to do

FORGIVE EVERYBODY OF ALL THEIR OFFENSES AGAINST YOU."
(Forgive, and be forgiven.)
ABIDE IN ME, AND LET ME ABIDE IN YOU."

LET PEOPLE SEE YOUR GOOD WORKS." (Do not hide your light under a basket.)

END DISPUTES QUICKLY."

WHATEVER CAUSES YOU TO SIN, GET RID OF IT."

DO NOT SWEAR OATHS AT ALL."

DO NOT RETURN OFFENSE FOR OFFENSE." (Turn the other cheek.)

GIVE WHAT PEOPLE ASK OF YOU, AND GIVE MORE THAN IS REQUIRED. (Go the extra mile.)

LOVE YOUR ENEMIES AND THOSE WHO WORK AGAINST YOU."

GIVE TO THE POOR TO PLEASE GOD, NOT TO GAIN APPROVAL FROM OTHER PEOPLE."

PRAY PRIVATELY AND SIMPLY, NOT TO IMPRESS OTHER PEOPLE."

MAKE YOUR PRAYERS BE LIKE THE LORD'S PRAYER."

WHEN YOU FAST, DO IT SECRETLY, NOT FOR SHOW."

STORE UP YOUR TREASURES IN HEAVEN, NOT ON EARTH."

DO NOT WORRY ABOUT YOUR MATERIAL NEEDS."

DO NOT WORRY ABOUT THE FUTURE."

MAKE GOD YOUR HIGHEST PRIORITY, AND HE WILL TAKE CARE OF ALL YOUR NEEDS."

DO NOT JUDGE OTHER PEOPLE." (Judge not, lest ye be judged.)

DO NOT GIVE HOLY THINGS TO DOGS OR CAST YOUR PEARLS BEFORE SWINE."

ASK GOD FOR WHATEVER YOU WANT TO HAVE." (Seek, and ye shall find.)

FEED THE HUNGRY, CLOTHE THE NAKED, SHELTER THE HOMELESS,

COMFORT THOSE IN DISTRESS."

FOLLOW THE NARROW PATH TO LIFE." (Enter by the narrow gate.)

BEWARE OF FALSE PROPHETS."

EXERCISE POWER OVER UNCLEAN SPIRITS."

LOVE LITTLE CHILDREN, DO NOT DESPISE THEM."

DO NOT TAKE THE TITLES 'MASTER' OR 'FATHER' FOR YOURSELF."

RESOLVE DISPUTES IN AN ORDERLY WAY, LIKE THIS . . . "

DO NOT OPPOSE OTHER BELIEVERS IN CHRIST WHO ARE NOT IN YOUR GROUP."

HAVE TOTAL FAITH IN GOD FOR EVERYTHING."

BE LIKE THE GOOD SAMARITAN." (Go, and do likewise.)

LOVE OTHER PEOPLE AS I HAVE LOVED YOU"

EAT BREAD AND DRINK WINE IN REMEMBRANCE OF ME."

WASH ONE ANOTHER'S FEET."

BE MERCIFUL."

KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS."

BE PREPARED FOR YOUR MASTER TO RETURN."
These are not “works of the law”. Conflating instructions with law only results in confusion.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
These are not “works of the law”. Conflating instructions with law only results in confusion.
but they are seeking to make them into laws and commandments they are not, they are teachings and exhortations as to what the grace filled life consists of.

You could sum them all up with one sentence "be like Jesus" we all want to be like Jesus, the way to be like Jesus is not to make a list of His teachings in the form of commandments but to UNDERSTAND.

Understand that He LIVES in us and wants to manifest His life through us.

S

SophieT

end result is we are still obeying the law.
if you are following Christ, then you will have a moral compass. that, is not following the law. further, Jesus stated if you brake just one part of it, the law, you have broken all of it. that, hardly lends itself to law keeping and totally makes void the retort that we can choose which parts we get to keep

when people say we are no longer under law, they DO NOT mean we should now go ahead and sin in comfort as some false people say

the law justifies absolutely no one. God could care less about your goody two shoes deeds and law keeping...that goes for everyone

He wants to see you justified by the blood of Christ. That, is the ONLY way we can approach God and know we are heard