Religious Freedom Act

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
The Constitution guarantees my freedom to practice religion.

That includes the freedom to practice my religious beliefs which require that I not be involved with those whose behavior is forbidden by my religious beliefs.
I fully agree, sadly SCOTUS (to date) does not.

K

kaylagrl

The mayor in a city an hour south of me in Florida has issued a ban on all travel to the state of Indiana in wakes of this. I've never been out of state so it doesn't concern me in this regard. But I don't think he could do something like that just because there are a lot of people that travel for work. Sure the bill is disagreeable but I don't think you can punish innocent people while trying to protest it.

Other states have the same bill.Clinton signed a similar one.If the mayor in my town banned travel that would become my vacation time.Pack up and lets go.Last time I checked this wasnt Russia. Mayor needs to knock it off and stop throwing a hissy fit. There are laws in place and cases can go to court. No one needs to get all upset about nothing.

D

DesiredHaven

I wonder what muslims would do if two homosexuals tried to force them to serve them at their wedding?

Anyone hear of any news stories on how that went?

Only because Islam (in other countries) executes them so they probably arent too agreeable with this whole thing even as Christians arent (whereas Christians might not be violent about it)

I would love to know how the muslim faith would handle the same thing though.

Im doubting that they would take it lying down (I could be wrong)

P

psychomom

My husband was watching the news and I caught the part of it where a christian operated pizzeria in Indiana is being descended upon (via phonecalls and internet) by those who lust upon their own sex and want to marry each other.

You know, by these organized online groups that do these campaigns against people simply because you dont agree with them.

Did anyone watch the story on Fox news this evening?

Given they were a small family pizzeria, its highly unlikely they will ever be called upon to serve pizza at any same sex weddings in the future (because seriously, who has pizza at their wedding?)
apparently some gay people do?? :confused:
But anyway, a reporter asked about their beliefs and they freely put them out there, that they dont agree with such choices (even as their faith did not permit them to). But Elin put that whole thing out in the last post perfectly though.

From what I gathered from it was that they would even be willing to serve same sex couples (being equally sinners like everyone) who might enter into their small restaurant, so I didnt understand them as stating they would even refuse them service (there). HOWEVER, I believe it was the daughter who had added that they would never be a partaker in doing service (which is pizza) at a wedding (where there was an enjoining the same sex) and because their faith just doesnt agree with what they agree with in that.

And people have their own limits according to what their concience allows in these type of situations and I respect that.

Did anyone see that?
does anyone see the irony in the gay community preaching 'don't descriminate';
turning around and doing just that?
:rolleyes:

and the MSM being totally complicit, btw....falsely reporting what that girl said. :(

JFSurvivor

Jan 20, 2015
Christians are called to love...........in this case (same sex marriage), they are called to "hate the sin" but to love the "sinners." Does not mean they have to "support" the sinning by serving the needs of the "sinners." Think about it.
is it really so wrong to give them a pizza or chocolate chip cookie though? Jesus gave a whole bunch of sinners food and he ate with them and he met all our needs by dying on the cross. so why should a christian bakery owner deny a gay person am regular non pride cookie? I think it would bring more glory to God if a Christian could "lower" themselves to serving a gay person with joy and kindness. It may change that gay persons view of christians, it may make them feel good it may just be a nice gesture. Either way only good will come from it. On the flip side if a Christian is like "I don't serve gay people" then the gay people will walk away with a warped view of Jesus and Christians and hurt feelings. Only bad can come from that.

I'm sorry if I misread your post btw. It came across like we should never serve any needs of gay people thus the rant.

Last edited:

3Scoreand10

Many business post sign that read "no shirt, no shoes, no service" and no one complains.
Some fancy resturants require that men wear suits and ties, and no one complains.
But let a business refuse to be a part of a homosexual marriage, and EVERYONE condems them and puts them out of business.

YOUR LOCAL CHURCH IS NEXT!!!
They will be there demanding to be a member while practicing their sinful lifestile.
Will you compromise like many already have, or will you stand for what is Godly?

V

Viligant_Warrior

is it really so wrong to give them a pizza or chocolate chip cookie though? Jesus gave a whole bunch of sinners food and he ate with them and he met all our needs by dying on the cross. so why should a christian bakery owner deny a gay person am regular non pride cookie?
Good question, JFS. They're crossing over a fine line. A bakery that refuses to bake a cake for a gay wedding because it puts the owners of the bakery in the position of endorsing a union their faith tells them is wrong has some solid ground to stand on.

The pizzeria or bakery that refuses to sell to LGBT customers simply because they are LGBT is doing the exact same thing the restaurants in the South did in the 60s to blacks seeking service, and that's nothing short of prejudice gone wrong to the extreme. They need to be careful in picking their battles. Not everything is a battle. Some of it is personal prejudice that hinders their witness.

I see that Republican Gov. Asa Hutchinson of Arkansas has asked his legislature to rewrite their proposal, which is nothing less than caving to pressure, in my opinion.

The vocally shrill special interest radicals are forcing the vast majority to accommodate them. There is something very un-American about that. Most of them reject majority rule. If they force all of us to bow down to their whims, where does that leave democracy?

Last edited:

Elin

Banned
Jan 19, 2013
is it really so wrong to give them a pizza or chocolate chip cookie though? Jesus gave a whole bunch of sinners food and he ate with them and he met all our needs by dying on the cross. so
why should a christian bakery owner deny a gay person am regular non pride cookie?
I think it would bring more glory to God if a Christian could "lower" themselves to serving a gay person with joy and kindness. It may change that gay persons view of christians, it may make them feel good it may just be a nice gesture. Either way only good will come from it. On the flip side if a Christian is like "I don't serve gay people" then the gay people will walk away with a warped view of Jesus and Christians and hurt feelings. Only bad can come from that.

I'm sorry if I misread your post btw. It came across like we should never serve any needs of gay people thus the rant.
If a baker is required to bake a cake for anyone because he is in the cake-baking business,
then someone in the catering business is required to cater a wedding he does not want to be involved in because of behavior forbidden by his religion.

That is a violation of the Constitutionally-guaranteed freedom to practice one's religion.

JFSurvivor

Jan 20, 2015
If a baker is required to bake a cake for anyone because he is in the cake-baking business,
then someone in the catering business is required to cater a wedding he does not want to be involved in because of behavior forbidden by his religion.

That is a violation of the Constitutionally-guaranteed freedom to practice one's religion.
so we agree on that...

Elin

Banned
Jan 19, 2013
Elin said:
then someone in the catering business is required to cater a wedding he does not want to because
his religion forbids involvement with behavior forbidden by his religion.

so we agree on that...
That is the issue, the issue is not refusing to sell someone a cupcake at the bakery shop.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
The LBGT community is trying to make a statement. Simple solution. make yours quietly. Prepare a cake, arrive at the reception at the last minute, stumble over something on the way in and destroy the cake. Apologize fervently, refund the couples money. You have made a silent statement, and God has been honored.

I'm sure that you can find other ways to make a silent statement and disobey, but technically obey any law.

Elin

Banned
Jan 19, 2013
The LBGT community is trying to make a statement. Simple solution. make yours quietly. Prepare a cake, arrive at the reception at the last minute, stumble over something on the way in and destroy the cake. Apologize fervently, refund the couples money. You have made a silent statement, and God has been honored.

I'm sure that you can find other ways to make a silent statement and disobey, but technically obey any law.
Wonderful solution. . .and a good future preventative once the word gets out.

However, I prefer not to give up my Constitutionally protected right to practice my religion.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
Wonderful solution. . .and a good future preventative once the word gets out.

However, I prefer not to give up my Constitutionally protected right to practice my religion.
Unfortunately, unless things change drastically, I feel that we will be fighting that problem for a long time into the future.

D

DesiredHaven

You can make a quiet "trip"

Thats a great solution, a trip and fall cake for the day!

I like it! lol

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
I'm just waiting on this one.

CBiTlt0VAAEiica.jpg

D

DesiredHaven

apparently some gay people do?? :confused:

does anyone see the irony in the gay community preaching 'don't descriminate';
turning around and doing just that?
:rolleyes:

and the MSM being totally complicit, btw....falsely reporting what that girl said. :(
I didnt hear what do you mean false reporting? Knowingly MSM ruined these peoples business by doing that?

What on earth do muslims do in this situation, I have heard nothing on this, I mean they not only disagree with homosexuals (and same sex marraige) as its not just a sin to them but a crime whereby if caught they execute you in Islamic countries in the most horrific ways. Christians dont even do that, yet are Muslims silent on this issue?

Or is it that they are silent because homosexuals are pushing the muslim community knowing they wont be steamed rolled into accepting all of this?

Which would make sense because I would be curious how the muslims would respond to them in this doing.

Or maybe not

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
is it really so wrong to give them a pizza or chocolate chip cookie though? Jesus gave a whole bunch of sinners food and he ate with them and he met all our needs by dying on the cross. so why should a christian bakery owner deny a gay person am regular non pride cookie? I think it would bring more glory to God if a Christian could "lower" themselves to serving a gay person with joy and kindness. It may change that gay persons view of christians, it may make them feel good it may just be a nice gesture. Either way only good will come from it. On the flip side if a Christian is like "I don't serve gay people" then the gay people will walk away with a warped view of Jesus and Christians and hurt feelings. Only bad can come from that.

Yeah, you read it wrong, but keep trying :)

G4JC

Feb 9, 2011
Despite what the mainstream media may have you believe, RFRAs are about one thing: religious freedom. For more than 200 years, the First Amendment has protected the free exercise of religion—and for good reason. Here are just a few examples of what can happen when religious freedom is not protected:

• The Obamacare abortion pill mandate required the Hahn family to violate their conscience by requiring them to provide coverage for their employees’ abortion pills in their health insurance plan. Because the government could offer abortion pills to the public by other means, the Supreme Court ruled that the Hahn family should not be forced to violate their religious beliefs.
  • Barronelle Stutzman could lose her home, her floral business, and everything she's worked for after she was sued for refusing to participate in a same-sex ceremony. The same-sex couple at issue got everything they needed, including offers for free flowers. A RFRA would ensure that the same-sex couple could get what they need, while simultaneously preserving Barronelle Stutzman’s religious freedom.
  • A small church in the Bronx may face eviction because the New York City Department of Education policy allowed people to rent empty public school buildings during non-school hours for just about any community event–except religious worship services. If New York State would have had a RFRA, which is designed to prevent religious discrimination, Bronx Household of Faith would have had additional legal protection that may have made the difference between victory and defeat in court.
Read More and Sign the Petition #StandforRFRA: https://www.alliancedefendingfreedom.org/page/standforrfra?

Last edited:
D

DesiredHaven

Should I ask my question in a muslim forum, anyone know of a muslim forum I could ask my question?