Remember Lot's Wife

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Desertsrose

Oct 24, 2016
And He said to the disciples,
The days will come when you will long to see one of the days of the Son of Man, and you will not see it. They will say to you, ‘Look there! Look here!’ Do not go away, and do not run after them. For just like the lightning, when it flashes out of one part of the sky, shines to the other part of the sky, so will the Son of Man be in His day. But first He must suffer many things and be rejected by this generation. And just as it happened in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man: they were eating, they were drinking, they were marrying, they were being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all. It was the same as happened in the days of Lot: they were eating, they were drinking, they were buying, they were selling, they were planting, they were building; but on the day that Lot went out from Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed them all. It will be just the same on the day that the Son of Man is revealed. On that day, the one who is on the housetop and whose goods are in the house must not go down to take them out; and likewise the one who is in the field must not turn back. Remember Lot’s wife. Whoever seeks to keep his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it. I tell you, on that night there will be two in one bed; one will be taken and the other will be left. There will be two women grinding at the same place; one will be taken and the other will be left. Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other will be left.
And answering they said to Him,
Where, Lord?
And He said to them,
Where the body is, there also the vultures will be gathered.
(Luke 17:22-37)
why Lot's wife? in this specific context, why Lot's wife?what is it about her that we should remember? something specific to her, specific to what these Hebrew men would have known immediately about her, right?not something that could have been said about anyone else, but something about Lot's wife in particular? what is it about Lot's wife we should remember, and why? in the context of what Christ is saying and who He's saying it to?

The only way for Lot’s wife to preserve her life was to do what the angels told her, but she chose to look back.

To look back, one commentary said was not a glance, but her look was to regard to consider to pay attention to.

Either she identified too much with the city in her heart or she neglected to fully obey God’s warning, and she died.

It seems to me that Lot spoke to all of his family, all that would listen to him anyway and he warned them.

We’re not told how many, but we can assume that whoever was warned, besides Lot, his wife and daughters, they rejected the warning. The future sons in law thought he was joking. Maybe the rest of the family thought he was joking too. We just don’t know because we’re not told.

We do know from Abraham’s talk with God that there would be less than 10 saved from the coming judgment.

Could it be maybe Lot’s wife loved her world. Maybe she didn’t love the God of Abraham.

Lot was the righteous one and a stranger among the inhabitants of Sodom and Gomorrah. Vs 16 says………for the compassion of the Lord was upon him. The Lord was being compassionate for the sake of Lot. And the bible says that our families are sanctified because we are saved, even if they aren’t.

The days of Noah were brought up as well in your passage in Luke. Not just Lot’s wife with the judgement of Sodom and Gomorrah. The point being that destruction was coming upon their world.
Both are used as example of the coming destruction and judgement of the whole world when Jesus returns.

Things carry on as normal right before the destruction. They married, they ate, they drank, they bought, they built, etc.

With Noah, as soon as he entered the ark with his family, the rains came and it was too late for anyone else to be saved.

It was the same as happened in the days of Lot: they were eating, they were drinking, they were buying, they were selling, they were planting, they were building; but on the day that Lot went out from Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed them all. Again, it was too late for anyone else to be saved.

It will be just the same on the day that the Son of Man is revealed.

The warning for the generation when Jesus returns:

On that day, the one who is on the housetop and whose goods are in the house must not go down to take them out; and likewise the one who is in the field must not turn back.

Remember Lot’s wife. We’re told in the very next verse the why of remembering Lot’s wife.

Whoever seeks to keep his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it.

Dec 3, 2016
Remember Lot's Wife
I thought this was going to be some memorial to Lot's Wife... you know, a "Lot's Wife" day at Disney Word er something

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
The thing that always strike me about Lot's wife, was wondering what difference would it make if she was literally looking back, or her from facing the condemned cities, or looking ahead, her physical back facing Sodom and Gomorrah?

I heard early in my Christian walk, somewhere that the cities were destroyed by a nuclear blast that God created. If that was true, and she was close to the blast, what difference would it make which direction she was facing? She would have been dead either way.

Or in the case of a natural disaster, as already mentioned, does a volcano, or flood or fire care whether you are facing front or back? Get too near a volcano or fire and it will burn you to a crisp, no matter which direction you were facing. A flood would sweep you away just the same.

As for being turned into a pillar of salt, is it metaphorical, and if so, in what way? Salt preserves things, it is used to bind people together, to trust them, who are strangers, in the ancient near east cultures. Was the salt sodium chloride, or some other kind of salt, like potassium chloride?

I have pondered whether "looking back" was a euphemism for stopping dead, maybe even walking back into range of whatever cataclysmic event was happening? Perhaps up in the mountains, Lot and his daughters were protected by the bulk and land mass of the rock and debris, but the wife had to go back to a precipice or ledge to get a view of the valley, and her protection was ripped away.

Or are there more spiritual answers, like - God said, she didn't obey, so splat! Or more properly, "pass the salt!"

My ideas are all speculation. This happened so long ago, it is ancient even in terms of the history of Israel. I guess this will be on my question list of things to ask God, when I see him face to face!

Desertsrose

Oct 24, 2016
Hi Miri, Comments in blue. :)

I've always suspected there was far more to the story of Lots wife than meets
the eye. Most people would've been tempted to LOOK at what was happening.
Most of us would also have ended up as a pillar of salt - be honest how many
of you would have just taken a quick peek.

With the account we have, only 1/4th looked back. Only 1 out of four.

I would hope that in that type of situation, that I'd have enough practice with pain and suffering, temptations and tribulations to be able to continue on in obedience and not look back. I would think that the love I have for my Lord and Savior is so strong....to strengthen and encourage me to not look back. And because I'm in Him, He will give me that strength to not look back. As I look at the example, most of them didn't look back. Only 1 did. That gives us hope! :) But truly, if we have a genuine hope and we're in Christ, we will not look back. Because God loves us He reminds us of His will, He reminds us of His love and He warns us of danger ahead. Those who truly love God more than this world, they will not look back.

Here are a couple of different translations below. One says she looked back behind Him.
Another says she was behind Him and looked back. I'm not sure which is correct.
Does it make a difference, probably not but I've often wondered if there is a
parallel here to the Passover. Plus who is Him, it doesn't say she looked back
behind herself!

This is me speculating. :)

The angel of God was sent to cause destruction to the first born Egyptians where homes were
not covered by the blood of the lamb. Those who were inside and covered were
passed over. They had no need to look back, they just had to prepare and stay put
to be safe. But any who went outside to take a look would have been in peril.

Maybe just maybe, the same Angel of God was sent to the cities of the plain.
There was no home to hide on, no door frame to cover in blood of a lamb.
Just instructions to run and not to look back. Maybe by obeying they were "covered"
and safe. Obedience was their umbrella, their covering. The umbrella only covered
so much ground.

Imagine an umbrella with people huddled under it running together, in order to
look back you would have to slow down and turn around a bit. Maybe that put Lots
wife outside of the safe covering of the umbrella of protection. just as it would have
done if the Israelites had stepped outside of the house.

I have a vivid imagination, but hopefully you can see where I'm coming from. :)

These are my thoughts. :) ​The bible says that the unbelieving spouse is (covered) sanctified by the believing spouse and so are the children. She was covered. It was her deliberate willful disobedience that caused her to look back.

Why?
Because she did not love the God of Abraham unto death. When the trial came, she chose whom she would serve and it wasn't God at the moment when her life was on the line.

J

joefizz

it's tough to type on a phone to help others understand God's word(just accidentally lost my text) so I'll put it simple,it is of no importance why lot's wife looked back,what is important is what this represented,lot's wife not cherishing and focusing on her future with lot and her two daughters,for she looked back when God was sending down fire and brimstone,and turned into a pillar of salt(yes literally not figuratively nor metaphorically)after having been warned to not look back,and yes the brother in laws were warned too but lot seemed as one mocking so they took no heed to sodom and gomorrah's destruction that he told of,the point is that when working for God or when God helps you,as he did for lot and and family after abraham pleaded for God not to destroy all the people there in,yet lot's wife turned from her husband and children,symbolizing that she didn't cherish nor look forward to her future with her husband and daughters that God preserved for her and them,and so it is important to know looking back to the past instead of looking forward to the future God gives us is folly and of no use to God,for it is written"he who ploweth the field and looketh back is not fit for the kingdom of heaven",meaning that when you are moving forward to what blessings and future God gives you there is no need to stop and ponder events of the past,for what you are getting closer to is far more worthwhile,when working for God,or as I said in this case,God went to great lengths just as he did with the israelites to get lot and family out from sodom and gomorrah before he was about to destroy it yet when lot asked God to hide in a small city,and God agreed and him and his wife and children were nearing the city,they all must have heard what was being done unto the city,but the compelling to look back is an excuse many use to lie for lot's wife,she knew that she was to keep following her husband to escape,yet she decided to stop following,thereby showing she cared not nor appreciated all that God had done for them,and wasn't focused on any future with lot and her daughters,as I said why is no more than a petty fixation for people to dwell on instead of realizing,her death symbolizes that such fixations of the past lead you astray from God and the circumstances matter not,sure you can say that you would look back so you don't blame her for doing so,but once you realize just how much God did for her,lot,and their daughters,when they could've just died alongside all those in sodom and gomorrah,you'd realize that what happened to her,was not harsh and was justified,because when she would've died she chose to die still,instead of live a bright future with her husband and daughters.

Dec 3, 2016
The thing that always strike me about Lot's wife, was wondering what difference would it make if she was literally looking back, or her from facing the condemned cities, or looking ahead, her physical back facing Sodom and Gomorrah?
The difference is... God said DON'T LOOK BACK!!!

Those that refuse to do what God says to do will always face hard times and in this case permanent separation from God

It's the same thing with modern day false greace teachers who claim all future sin has already been wiped away which prompts many to go ahead and live in sin... they are going to be shocked to find the false grace teachers are wolves in sheep's clothing working for satan.

Sad state of affairs indeed.

I heard early in my Christian walk, somewhere that the cities were destroyed by a nuclear blast that God created. If that was true, and she was close to the blast, what difference would it make which direction she was facing? She would have been dead either way.
The others that were there with her did not look back and they were protected... God is all powerful and even if it were a nuclear blast He has the ability to protect people because... He is all powerful.

As for being turned into a pillar of salt, is it metaphorical
No, God's Word says she was turned in to a pillar of salt... and so she was.

We know this because God is not a liar as some seem to believe which leads to questions that produce strife between them and God.

It's like the little boy that heard this account of Lot's wife in Sunday school and when the Sunday school teacher said she looked back and turned in to a pillar of salt... the little boy said, "well, my momma was driving us to school one morning and when she looked back she turned in to a telephone pole!"

My ideas are all speculation.
And un-biblical.

Here's an idea.... lets simnply take God at His Word as though it's impossible for Him to lie!

Then why are we told, "Remember Lot's wife!" ? Lk 17:32

Luke 17:32,33
Remember Lot's wife.
Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.

Another one going hand in hand with this is:

Luke 9:62
And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.

Dec 2, 2016
Context is king. Jesus said to the person on the housetop not to come down to get his stuff out of the house, and the person in the field not return, remember Lot's wife. Jesus gave specific instructions when the time of His return occurred to simply stand your ground. A simple but clear and direct command, just like the simple but clear and direct command from the angel to the family of Lot not to look back. Jesus was making the point of how important is was to obey that simple and direct command to just stand your ground, and what the consequences was for the wife of Lot who had decided not to obey a similar command.

May 18, 2017
The difference is... God said DON'T LOOK BACK!!!

Those that refuse to do what God says to do will always face hard times and in this case permanent separation from God

It's the same thing with modern day false greace teachers who claim all future sin has already been wiped away which prompts many to go ahead and live in sin... they are going to be shocked to find the false grace teachers are wolves in sheep's clothing working for satan.
They have been convinced: You will not surely die; but, they will (Ge 3:4, Jud 4).
God says what he means and means what he says.

Dec 2, 2016
Might add a little, it was not really about why the wife of Lot chose to do what she did(look back) because we do no know why she did what she did(the bible does not tell us). Jesus used the story of the wife of Lot to emphasize how important it is to do exactly what the Lord commands us to do, in that case it was not to try to save one's life but simply to stand in faith. This was in stark contrast to what the people were to do at the time of the destruction of Judea in 70ad when they were told to run for their lives and get out of Judea. For the return of Christ we stand our ground, for the destruction of Judea they were to flee the country...two different events.

Dec 3, 2016
They have been convinced: You will not surely die; but, they will (Ge 3:4, Jud 4). God says what he means and means what he says.
Exactly... we need to understand that God knows whassup and we need to simply do what He says because it's to our advantage to obey Him...

Aug 15, 2009

The days will come when you will long to see one of the days of the Son of Man, and you will not see it. They will say to you, ‘Look there! Look here!’ Do not go away, and do not run after them. For just like the lightning, when it flashes out of one part of the sky, shines to the other part of the sky, so will the Son of Man be in His day. But first He must suffer many things and be rejected by this generation.

And just as it happened in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man: they were eating, they were drinking, they were marrying, they were being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all. It was the same as happened in the days of Lot: they were eating, they were drinking, they were buying, they were selling, they were planting, they were building; but on the day that Lot went out from Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed them all. It will be just the same on the day that the Son of Man is revealed.

On that day, the one who is on the housetop and whose goods are in the house must not go down to take them out; and likewise the one who is in the field must not turn back. Remember Lot’s wife. Whoever seeks to keep his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it. I tell you, on that night there will be two in one bed; one will be taken and the other will be left. There will be two women grinding at the same place; one will be taken and the other will be left. Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other will be left.”

Where, Lord?

And He said to them,

why Lot's wife?
in this specific context, why Lot's wife?
what is it about her that we should remember?

something specific to her, specific to what these Hebrew men would have known immediately about her, right?
not something that could have been said about anyone else, but something about Lot's wife in particular?

what is it about Lot's wife we should remember, and why?
in the context of what Christ is saying and who He's saying it to?
I believe the answer to be in the blue. It is shown if Lot & his family didn't look back, regardless of how slow they ran, they would make it.

But if the fastest looked back, they would pay with their lives.

I believe the warning not to go back into your house or come in from the field meant they had to obey to receive the protection to escape regardless of how fast they could leave.

In other words, if they believed & obeyed, they would be delivered just like Lot was.

May 12, 2017

The days will come when you will long to see one of the days of the Son of Man, and you will not see it. They will say to you, ‘Look there! Look here!’ Do not go away, and do not run after them. For just like the lightning, when it flashes out of one part of the sky, shines to the other part of the sky, so will the Son of Man be in His day. But first He must suffer many things and be rejected by this generation.

And just as it happened in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man: they were eating, they were drinking, they were marrying, they were being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all. It was the same as happened in the days of Lot: they were eating, they were drinking, they were buying, they were selling, they were planting, they were building; but on the day that Lot went out from Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed them all. It will be just the same on the day that the Son of Man is revealed.

On that day, the one who is on the housetop and whose goods are in the house must not go down to take them out; and likewise the one who is in the field must not turn back. Remember Lot’s wife. Whoever seeks to keep his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it. I tell you, on that night there will be two in one bed; one will be taken and the other will be left. There will be two women grinding at the same place; one will be taken and the other will be left. Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other will be left.

Where, Lord?

And He said to them,

why Lot's wife?
in this specific context, why Lot's wife?
what is it about her that we should remember?

something specific to her, specific to what these Hebrew men would have known immediately about her, right?
not something that could have been said about anyone else, but something about Lot's wife in particular?

what is it about Lot's wife we should remember, and why?
in the context of what Christ is saying and who He's saying it to?

Lots wife is explained in 2 Corinthians 7.10

[SUP]10 [/SUP]For the sorrow that is according to the will of God produces a repentance without regret, leading to salvation, but the sorrow of the world produces death.

Lots wife had sorrow for the world she was leaving, not the one she was gaining.

May 18, 2017
[2 Corinthians 7.10]
Crocodile tears do not lead to life.

"IV. THE REPENTANCE (7:8–11): Paul contrasts godly repentance with worldly repentance.
A. The first is brought about by genuine sorrow over one’s sin and leads to salvation (7:8–10a, 11).
B. The second is false and leads to death (7:10b)." Willmington, H. L. (1999). The Outline Bible (2 Co 6:7–7:10). Wheaton, IL: Tyndale House Publishers.

May 13, 2017
Genesis 19:26 But Lot's wife, behind him, looked back, and she became a pillar of salt.

She looked back at the cities being
destroyed. When they were told not to look back in genesis 19:17 And as they brought them out, one said, “Escape for your life. Do not look back or stop anywhere in the valley. Escape to the hills, lest you be swept away.”

She did not obey what the Lord had said by the angels.
She did not look back to see what was happening. That would not be a problem. She looked back longingly, wanting to go back to that life.That's why she was turned into a salt lick.

Dec 2, 2016
Some folks just love to put their self into scripture. The bible does not tell us why the wife of Lot looked back, so any explanation as to why she chose to look back has to come from the imagination of man and not the word of God. Most folks in here want to know what God has to say about something, not what someone has imagined.

May 13, 2017
Some folks just love to put their self into scripture. The bible does not tell us why the wife of Lot looked back, so any explanation as to why she chose to look back has to come from the imagination of man and not the word of God. Most folks in here want to know what God has to say about something, not what someone has imagined.
Samuel Stop acting like a fool and dig into the Word..This is something that I've known since I was a brand new Christian, and you don't know it yet? Here read this and argue with the writer. I'm not interested in your silly rhetoric.

LOT AND HIS FAMILY LEAVE SODOM

AND WHEN THE MORNING AROSE, THEN THE ANGELS HASTENED LOT, SAYING, ARISE, TAKE THY WIFE, AND THY TWO DAUGHTERS, WHICH ARE HERE; LEST THOU BE CONSUMED IN THE INIQUITY OF THE CITY. Note the words, LEST THOU BE CONSUMED IN THE INIQUITY OF THE CITY. AND WHILE HE LINGERED. We may note that Lot was not obeying the Lord as he ought, because he lingered. Even though the people of the city were wicked, something there still seemed to be an attraction to Lot. He was having difficulty leaving. Pulling away from sin, even from our sinful environment or surroundings, may be difficult sometimes. Sin has an alluring attraction for the flesh. Sin may offer pleasure but produces death. Christians are not to have fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness-ref Eph 5:11. Yet, it can be difficult to cut those ties. People often refuse to obey God and leave their dead churches. They do not want to leave the blind leaders of the blind. They refuse to obey God and continue to fellowship with those that hate God. They linger.
AND WHILE HE LINGERED, THE MEN LAID HOLD UPON HIS HAND, AND UPON THE HAND OF HIS WIFE, AND UPON THE HAND OF HIS TWO DAUGHTERS; THE LORD BEING MERCIFUL UNTO HIM: AND THEY BROUGHT HIM FORTH, AND SET HIM WITHOUT THE CITY.
One of the angels said unto Lot, ESCAPE FOR THY LIFE; LOOK NOT BEHIND THEE. Note, two direct commands are given. 1-ESCAPE. 2-LOOK NOT BEHIND THEE. We need to escape from the ways of the world. We need to be set free from the works of darkness. We need to overcome all things. Once we begin to follow Jesus, we should not look back but forward to Jesus. We should not look back and desire our old sinful ways. Our past is to be put behind us as we put off the old and put on the new. As it is written, NO MAN, HAVING PUT HIS HAND TO THE PLOUGH, AND LOOKING BACK, IS FIT FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD-Lk 9:62.

The Lord continued, NEITHER STAY THOU IN ALL THE PLAIN; ESCAPE TO THE MOUNTAIN, LEST THOU BE CONSUMED. Again, Lot hesitates in obeying the Lord. LOT SAID UNTO THEM, OH, NOT SO, MY LORD. Lot is listening to another voice: a voice of compromise, a voice of fearfulness, a voice prompted by his emotions. Lot said, BEHOLD NOW, THY SERVANT HATH FOUND GRACE IN THY SIGHT, AND THOU HAST MAGNIFIED THY MERCY, WHICH THOU HAST SHEWED UNTO ME IN SAVING MY LIFE; AND I CANNOT ESCAPE TO THE MOUNTAIN, LEST SOME EVIL TAKE ME, AND I DIE. Lot was fearful. He was not trusting in the Lord as he ought. He did not understand that what he feared might come upon him in the mountain, indeed, might come upon him in Zoar. Lot continued, BEHOLD NOW, THIS CITY IS NEAR TO FLEE UNTO, AND IT IS A LITTLE ONE: OH, LET ME ESCAPE THITHER, (IS IT NOT A LITTLE ONE?) AND MY SOUL SHALL LIVE.
AND HE (the Lord) SAID UNTO HIM, SEE, I HAVE ACCEPTED THEE CONCERNING THIS THING ALSO, THAT I WILL NOT OVERTHROW THIS CITY, FOR THE WHICH THOU HAST SPOKEN-Gen 19:15-21.

HASTE THEE, ESCAPE THITHER; FOR I CANNOT DO ANY THING TILL THOU BE COME THITHER. Note the words, I CANNOT DO ANY THING TILL THOU BE COME THITHER. Lot had to escape to safety before the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities of the plain would take place. THEREFORE THE NAME OF THE CITY WAS CALLED ZOAR. Some may say this is a type of Rapture, wherein the saints have to be removed before the Tribulation can begin.
THE SUN WAS RISEN UPON THE EARTH WHEN LOT ENTERED INTO ZOAR. THEN THE LORD RAINED UPON SODOM AND UPON GOMORRAH BRIMSTONE AND FIRE FROM THE LORD OUT OF HEAVEN. AND HE OVERTHREW THOSE CITIES, AND ALL THE PLAIN, AND ALL THE INHABITANTS OF THE CITIES, AND THAT WHICH GREW UPON THE GROUND-Gen 19:22-25. The people in Sodom were probably laughing and joking about the possibility of their city being destroyed by the Lord. But then it happened, and their mocking was undoubtedly turned into screams of terror and death.

LOT’S WIFE LOOKS BACK
BUT HIS WIFE LOOKED BACK FROM BEHIND HIM, AND SHE BECAME A PILLAR OF SALT-Gen 19:26. She did not believe the words of the Lord. It cost her, her life. Many today will not believe that God means what He says. It costs them their life.
One might wonder if Lot's arguing with the Lord about not going to the mountain, but rather to Zoar and succeeding, could have caused his wife to think that she could disobey God and look back, and nothing would happen. Was her looking back simply to see what had happened, or was it a longing for the city she had left? Was it a desire to return to the old, rather than proceed to the new to which God in His mercy had called her? It appears her heart will still in Sodom. She had left her house behind, her friends, and the sons-in-law that were engaged to her two daughters. We are reminded in the Scriptures, REMEMBER LOT’S WIFE-Lk 17:32. Once God has called you out of the darkness into His marvelous light, do not look back.
Remember, Lot was afraid to escape to the mountain lest some evil would overtake him. It is written, AND LOT WENT UP OUT OF ZOAR, AND DWELT IN THE MOUNTAIN, AND HIS TWO DAUGHTERS WITH HIM; FOR HE FEARED TO DWELL IN ZOAR: AND HE DWELT IN A CAVE-Gen 19:30. How much better it is to obey God the first time and not argue with Him. We need to learn to be childlike, humble, and submissive before God's Word without arguing.
Lot had gone toward Sodom with great riches. He came out hesitantly and having nearly nothing. He had become a compromiser. He came out with a carnal or lukewarm attitude. He had become fearful. He had lost nearly all worldly possessions even his house. He lost his sons-in-law. He lost his friends. He lost his wife, and his daughters had become perverted. Lot went toward Sodom rich. He came out poor.
Did Lot succeed in causing Sodom to repent? No. Did they cause him to become carnal? Yes. Did his wife and daughters turn from the ways of God? Yes. Were the sons-in-law that were engaged to his daughters men of faith? No.
AND THE FIRSTBORN SAID UNTO THE YOUNGER, OUR FATHER IS OLD, AND THERE IS NOT A MAN IN THE EARTH TO COME IN UNTO US (that we may preserve seed of our father)...COME, LET US MAKE OUR FATHER DRINK WINE, AND WE WILL LIE WITH HIM...AND THE FIRSTBORN WENT IN, AND LAY WITH HER FATHER; AND HE PERCEIVED NOT...AND...ON THE MORROW...THE YOUNGER AROSE AND LAY WITH HIM-Gen 19:31-35. Lot’s own daughters had become perverted with Sodom’s standards.

Dec 3, 2016
The bible does not tell us why the wife of Lot looked back
We know that she looked back in disobedience... she did exactly what God said don't do.

This is all that we need to know about that. The reason she looked back was because she was being rebellious which is obvious because... she looked back!

May 13, 2017
We know that she looked back in disobedience... she did exactly what God said don't do.

This is all that we need to know about that. The reason she looked back was because she was being rebellious which is obvious because... she looked back!
Abraham looked over Sodom and Gtown the next day and God had no problem with it.

Dec 3, 2016
That's not the same as the time when the Lord was delivering them out and He specifically told them to not look back.

We need to be like a child when it comes to doing what God says do... as dear children, which is a child that doesn't question the validity of what God is saying to do and just follows His leading and correction.

Unless we think we know better than He does... and decide what's best for ourselves???

That did not end well for Lot's wife...