Reply or Reply with Quotes

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 9, 2011
When I post or respond to a post I click on "reply with quotes"
The option to the left of "reply with quotes" Is "reply" Is this option working?

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I did "reply with quotes" here.. Try requoting my reply and let's see if it works.. :)

The option to the left of "reply with quotes" Is "reply" Is this option working?

U

Ugly

If you notice, clicking just Reply shows the typing box just underneath the post you're replying to. That way it's easier to reference what was said. So, yes, it works. It's just inferior to RWQ.

Feb 7, 2015
"RWQ" lets all the rest of us know to whom you are replying. Otherwise, it often just looks like you are simply throwing a random comment out into empty space, with it directed to no one in particular.

Dec 9, 2011
If you notice, clicking just Reply shows the typing box just underneath the post you're replying to. That way it's easier to reference what was said. So, yes, it works. It's just inferior to RWQ.
I see,thanks:)

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
I have clicked on Reply with quote, and the quote of your post show below.......ok? Good!

Dec 9, 2011
greetings, Pattydear. welcome to Christian Chat! :)

i used the reply with quote feature, so i hope i'm not derailing. lol
If I understood correctly,the "reply"option Is quicker than the "reply with quotes" because the post of the person that you are responding to Is right above the box where you will type your response,which Is faster but the "reply with quotes"Is better.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
I believe they are about the same speed. The reply button may be used, or you may just scroll down to the blank posting box below and reply.....ame results..

If I understood correctly,the "reply"option Is quicker than the "reply with quotes" because the post of the person that you are responding to Is right above the box where you will type your response,which Is faster but the "reply with quotes"Is better.

Dec 9, 2011
I believe they are about the same speed. The reply button may be used, or you may just scroll down to the blank posting box below and reply.....ame results..
:)I was thinking the same thing,maybe the "reply" option does not even need to be there.The "reply with Quotes" should be the only option there.
anyway,no biggie.:)

notmyown

May 26, 2016

hey, i joined in 2012 and for the first time delved into the world of 'reply' (not with quotes).

i deleted it, because it simply looks like i replied at the end of the thread, with no reference to your post at all.

how rude! lol

thanks for starting this thread, s_t_h. i had no clue what would happen, and now i know. :)

Dec 9, 2011
hey, i joined in 2012 and for the first time delved into the world of 'reply' (not with quotes).

i deleted it, because it simply looks like i replied at the end of the thread, with no reference to your post at all.

how rude! lol

thanks for starting this thread, s_t_h. i had no clue what would happen, and now i know. :)
:)Yes,I was wondering about that too.
I post using the reply without the quotes under the post I'm responding to and next thing you know,my post Is somewhere on the next page and no one knows who I was responding to.:D