Reports made on CC

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 1, 2021
When we hit the REPORT button either to report a user or a post are they anonymous, or do the mods see who is making the report?

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
We see who reported the post. Ultimately, it does help us to be fair in how we deal with some reports. You would be amazed how many individuals who report other users for abusive posts are just as guilty, if not more so.

Jul 9, 2020
Maybe reports should be totally public? Why should people be able to nark on others without at least a public record of it?

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Maybe reports should be totally public? Why should people be able to nark on others without at least a public record of it?
Lots of petty, dramatic people on this site. Guarantee if some people found out they got reported they would, in turn, report the same person out of vengeance. And probably multiple times. Or harass them. It would simply create more drama and false reports.

Aug 1, 2021
We see who reported the post. Ultimately, it does help us to be fair in how we deal with some reports. You would be amazed how many individuals who report other users for abusive posts are just as guilty, if not more so.
I don't know if I would be amazed by that, or even surprised. I have read threads that go back and forth "I reported you" "so I reported you too".
But I was just wondering because sometimes I'll notice something and wonder if it was reported or should be, while other times I notice the remarks "edited by mods". And sometimes I think if I report EVERYTHING I notice that it'll be received like "oh it's her reporting AGAIN" :rolleyes: .

Well, thanks for answering.

NotmebutHim

May 17, 2015
I'm very selective in when I report and whom I report. :cool:

Jul 9, 2020
I never report anyone.
I never put anyone on ignore.

I think those things contribute to a weak mind because instead of forcing yourself to deal with people you don't like and ideas you don't like, you wind up just creating an echo chamber for yourself.

Jul 9, 2020
Lots of petty, dramatic people on this site. Guarantee if some people found out they got reported they would, in turn, report the same person out of vengeance. And probably multiple times. Or harass them. It would simply create more drama and false reports.
You could be right. If you are, then it's such a sad commentary because it demonstrates a lack of shame. I hope you're not right...but I sure won't bet against you!

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
You could be right. If you are, then it's such a sad commentary because it demonstrates a lack of shame. I hope you're not right...but I sure won't bet against you!
I've been on this site since 2011. And I've heard some stories from mods over the years. And even just from what I've witnessed. I feel confident it's true. There are some great people on the site, but the loudest ones are that lack the most.