Request for wisdom on shipwrecked faith

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Isny

Jan 15, 2017
Hello brothers and sisters, Asking on the subject of our faith being shipped wrecked
Hello and welcome to Christian Chat.
Yes, we do have a life preserver to help us get through the storms and shipwrecks of life. He is our Lord and Savior who indeed preserves our lives. We here at CC encourage one another on our journey through life and remind each other of our Lord in Heaven and His Love for us. We are glad that you have joined us and hope you find many friends and good fellowship here. May our Lord bless you.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Hello brothers and sisters, Asking on the subject of our faith being shipped wrecked
is thinking your faith is shipwrecked itself the shipwreck of ones faith?
when the disciples thought the storm would wreck them, He arose and said '
why are ye fearful, ye of little faith' - and calmed the storm with a word

oyster67

May 24, 2014
A warm welcome to CC, dear sister Kelly.:):coffee: God is ready and willing to restore the heart of anyone who allows Him to. It is where we want to go, not where we have been, that matters to Him. Just a little talk with Jesus can make it right if we come with a humble Spirit.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Welcome.
This is the introduction section. Perhaps try posting this in a more fitting section of the site. And with more clarity as to what you're asking.
This section will do just fine.

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
Greetings and Welcome, Kellyroseunderhisfeathers!

I am assuming by 'our faith being shipwrecked," that you are referring to the following:

"Timothy, my child, I entrust you with this command in keeping with the previous prophecies about you, so that by them you may fight the good fight, holding on to faith and a good conscience, which some have rejected and thereby shipwrecked their faith. Among them are Hymenaeus and Alexander, whom I have handed over to Satan to be taught not to blaspheme. - 1 Timothy 1:18-20

According to the context in the scripture above, shipwrecking one's faith would be referring to those who no longer fight the good fight and do not continue in the faith, which some had rejected. The example being Hymenaeus and Alexander whom Paul handed over to Satan for blaspheming.

Therefore, it is by not fighting the good fight and holding on to faith and continuing in that state, that one would shipwreck their faith.

If you are continuing in faith, remaining in Christ, you have not shipwrecked your faith. Shipwrecking ones faith would be something done intentionally, i.e. complete apostasy.

BlessedByGod

Sep 28, 2019
Hope this helps...
Watch "Holding On -- Jamie Grace" on YouTube

Feb 11, 2021

I am assuming by 'our faith being shipwrecked," that you are referring to the following:

"Timothy, my child, I entrust you with this command in keeping with the previous prophecies about you, so that by them you may fight the good fight, holding on to faith and a good conscience, which some have rejected and thereby shipwrecked their faith. Among them are Hymenaeus and Alexander, whom I have handed over to Satan to be taught not to blaspheme. - 1 Timothy 1:18-20

According to the context in the scripture above, shipwrecking one's faith would be referring to those who no longer fight the good fight and do not continue in the faith, which some had rejected. The example being Hymenaeus and Alexander whom Paul handed over to Satan for blaspheming.

Therefore, it is by not fighting the good fight and holding on to faith and continuing in that state, that one would shipwreck their faith.

If you are continuing in faith, remaining in Christ, you have not shipwrecked your faith. Shipwrecking ones faith would be something done intentionally, i.e. complete apostasy.

THANK YOU 🙏 ❤

Feb 11, 2021
A warm welcome to CC, dear sister Kelly.:):coffee: God is ready and willing to restore the heart of anyone who allows Him to. It is where we want to go, not where we have been, that matters to Him. Just a little talk with Jesus can make it right if we come with a humble Spirit.
THANK YOU ❤️🙂

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
diamond-rain-purple-4k-and-full-hd_vkocjpnc__F0000 - Copy - Copy (10) - Copy - Copy - Copy - C...png
"Life has many 'storms' to endure, and without a proper life preserver,
life can be wrecked. Many of us have turned to God, and found a lifesaver."
'Thank God'

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Nice to have you joining us Kelly and hope you will enjoy your time here. God bless you!