Research: Majority of Americans Believe Works Are the Key to Salvation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Are accusations necessary when the guilty proudly and publicly admit to violating God's Ten Commandments? By their own mouths, they are condemned.

All that remains is a soon coming verdict from the Judgment seat of Christ, followed by the sentence of capital punishment.
But wait! What about Galatians 2:16-19 and Gal 2:21.......:oops:

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
FreeGrace2 said:
So v.26 says that those who "go on sinning deliberately" can't use the OT sacrificial system for their deliberate sins. So, what's left? No, not loss of salvation.

Exactly. That was my point. The Jews who were turning back to the law or thinking about doing it needed reminding that since Christ died for sins ONCE FOR ALL, the OT system is obsolete and uneffective.

Instead, those believers would be facing God's painful discipline.
I agree Jesus is my rest no need physical sabbath
I agree our work not save us we save by faith
I think what the different between us is

The way we interpreted Matt 24:13
To me endure to the end mean till we die to you mean till second coming
Look every of us has our opinion, all we can do is pray let Holy Spirit talk to us what the next step
As long as no hatred between us

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
There IS NOT 7 year tribulation! 2 Peter 3 says when Jesus comes as a thief, there won't be 7 more minutes down here, much less 7 more years! The 70 Weeks of Daniel expired right on time 490 years after the decree of Artaxerxes in 457 B.C.

Jesus' baptism in 27 A.D. was at the end of the 69 Weeks and the 70th Week began with the commencement of His public ministry.

He preached 3 1/2 years and was "cut off" which was "after (seven weeks and) three score and two weeks" in the midst of that 70th Week in 31 A.D.

After His ascension, He continued to "confirm the covenant" of grace through "(the disciples) that heard Him" (Hebrews 2:3 KJV) and in 34 A.D. with the stoning of Stephen, Saul got on his horse headed for Damascus and was struck down by Jesus, renamed him Paul, and told him to take the Gospel to the Gentiles, thus ending the 70 Weeks prophecy.

Oh, but you say "He didn't make an end of sins, he didn't bring in everlasting righteousness, etc." To that, Jesus says, "My kingdom is not of this world".

He make and end of sins in the lives of those who love Him, did He not?
He brought in everlasting righteousness in the lives of those who love Him, did He not?
You of the OSAS crowd ought to be the FIRST ones to claim you've been made righteous forever more by grace, as well as being "more than conquerors" when it comes to sin, right or wrong?
Indeed, Scripture consistently says that Jesus comes "as a thief" for us in the rapture. BUT NOT IN THE NIGHT! Why? Because Christians are not in darkness and do not see the awful "night" of the tribulation as is confirmed to us by Jesus Himself in Revelation 3:10.

It is ONLY AND ALWAYS the tribulation that comes "as a thief in the night".

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
How does this verse prove what I said is not true? Doesn't the passage still say..."Work out your own salvation?"
God “will repay each person according to what they have done.” To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. (Romans 2:6-7)
God will repay each person according to what? The reward.... Eternal life...sounds like salvation to me.
Because salvation is a gift from God, not a reward we earn…

Titus 3:5 NASB
[5] He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit,

Romans 6:23 NASB
[23] For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Yeah that's my rescue beagle...my wife dressed him that way. But she had to take the spiked collar off first..LOL I'm pretty soft hearted when it comes to strays.
Yes, rescue dogs make great pets, we have taken in a couple of them ourselves.

Jan 31, 2021
Magenta said:
We rest from works to obtain salvation. Is that really difficult to understand? Do you really not
understand that one is saved by grace, through faith, and not by works, that none can boast?
Please, enough with these popular yet erroneous platitudes!
So, that's what you call "erroneous platitudes" huh. Magenta was quoting verses (Eph 2:8,9). Did you not realize that?

And then she provides beautifully artistic quotes of Scripture that says what she believes. Yet, you merely call them "erroneous platitudes".

You ought to be ashamed of yourself. But, instead, what's the difference between that and your flat out rejection of Jesus' very clear words about who shall never perish?

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Are accusations necessary when the guilty proudly and publicly admit to violating God's Ten Commandments? By their own mouths, they are condemned.

All that remains is a soon coming verdict from the Judgment seat of Christ, followed by the sentence of capital punishment.
Why do you insist on remaining the son of the bondwoman per Galatians 4:25?

We are the children of promise per Galatians 4:28.

Jan 31, 2021
Wow, not a single verse in all Scripture referring to a "7 year tribulation divided into two 3.5 parts" yet here you are preaching it.

Chapter and verse, please...
From https://www.gotquestions.org/seventy-weeks.html

The “seventy weeks” prophecy is one of the most significant and detailed Messianic prophecies of the Old Testament. It is found in Daniel 9. The chapter begins with Daniel praying for Israel, acknowledging the nation’s sins against God and asking for God’s mercy. As Daniel prayed, the angel Gabriel appeared to him and gave him a vision of Israel’s future.

The Divisions of the 70 Weeks
In verse 24, Gabriel says, “Seventy ‘sevens’ are decreed for your people and your holy city.” Almost all commentators agree that the seventy “sevens” should be understood as seventy “weeks” of years, in other words, a period of 490 years. These verses provide a sort of “clock” that gives an idea of when the Messiah would come and some of the events that would accompany His appearance.

The Purpose of the 70 Weeks
The prophecy contains a statement concerning God’s six-fold purpose in bringing these events to pass. Verse 24 says this purpose is 1) “to finish transgression,” 2) “to put an end to sin,” 3) “to atone for wickedness,” 4) “to bring in everlasting righteousness,” 5) “to seal up vision and prophecy,” and 6) “to anoint the most holy.”

The Fulfillment of the 70 Weeks
Gabriel said the prophetic clock would start at the time that a decree was issued to rebuild Jerusalem. From the date of that decree to the time of the Messiah would be 483 years. We know from history that the command to “restore and rebuild Jerusalem” was given by King Artaxerxes of Persia c. 444 B.C. (see Nehemiah 2:1-8).

The Final Week of the 70 Weeks
Of the 70 “sevens,” 69 have been fulfilled in history. This leaves one more “seven” yet to be fulfilled. Most scholars believe that we are now living in a huge gap between the 69th week and the 70th week. The prophetic clock has been paused, as it were. The final “seven” of Daniel is what we usually call the tribulation period.

Plenty of verses to consider. You can do your own study. There was much more on the website.

What do you believe about what is called the Tribulation, or Jacob's Trouble?

Jan 31, 2021
I agree Jesus is my rest no need physical sabbath
I agree our work not save us we save by faith
But you also claim lifestyle is what keeps us saved, yet without any verses to support your claim.

I think what the different between us is

The way we interpreted Matt 24:13
Of course. The way you interpret Matt 24:13 means Jesus didn't mean what He said in John 10:28.

To me endure to the end mean till we die to you mean till second coming
No, the context is about a 7 year period. So v.13 applies ONLY to that short time period. Yes, the Second Advent occurs at the end of the Tribulation, but that isn't my point. "the end" refers to the end of the Tribulation for those living in it.

Look every of us has our opinion, all we can do is pray let Holy Spirit talk to us what the next step
I'm not about opinions, and I call out those who make claims without any verses that say what they claim.

I AM about clearly stated verses that can't be misunderstood. Which you keep doing.

In John 10:28 Jesus said He gives eternal life, and the recipients shall never perish.

So, the only remaining question is WHEN does Jesus give eternal life.

His answer is in John 5:24. WHEN a person becomes a believer, they possess eternal life.

So Jesus' statement in 10:28 applies from the MOMENT that one believes. They are eternally secure.

But someone has poisoned your mind with the unbiblical idea that salvation can be lost.

Because of what Jesus said in John 10:28, Matt 24:13 CANNOT mean what you think it means. Impossible.

As long as no hatred between us[/QUOTE]

Aug 3, 2019
It's (the Unmerciful Servant) a parable. They weren't used to teach doctrine.
The inconsistency with you! Even a blind man can see Jesus used this parable to teach us if God forgives us, we ought to forgive others - but when someone finally points out the Servant was totally forgiven but had that forgiveness revoked...all of a sudden "parables don't teach doctrine", right?
They (saints in Hebrews 6 who fall away into hopeless impenitence) will face God's painful discipline (Heb 12:11) and be miserable, even if you don't see it on their faces. And they STILL shall never perish, as Jesus said so clearly.
Oh, so the Christian who falls away and becomes an IMPENITENT serial killing madman INCAPABLE of repentance still goes to heaven, but will wear an empty crown - what asinine, satanic confusion this is.
Peter said clearly that "the end will be worse", meaning the rest of their miserable lives on earth.
Let's employ our God-given powers of deduction to see if your interpretation lines up with Scripture, which says: "...the latter end of them is worse with them than the beginning".

1. At the beginning of their lives, what did they face? Suffering the Lake of Fire.

2. Then, they escaped the pollutions of this world as redeemed saints to face what? Eternal Redemption

3. Finally, after becoming entangled therein again, if what they face at the latter end of them is WORSE than the beginning, what must they now be facing? WORSE suffering in the Lake of Fire!

This "empty crown" doctrine of yours simply doesn't stand the test of Biblical scrutiny.
Nonsense. He never feared loss of salvation, because he taught eternal security just as Jesus did. What he did fear was being disqualified for eternal reward. Losing out on reward above and beyond simply being in heaven.
Another ridiculously asinine conclusion because you refuse to compare "line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little, there a little". I've shown you that David in Psalms 51 equates being a "cast away" with "forfeiture of God's Holy Spirit" and Paul taught in no uncertain terms "if any man hath not the Spirit of God, he is none of His".

This is why Paul feared becoming a "cast away" - because those who are "cast away" no longer belong to Christ, are no longer "heirs according to the promise" (Galatians 3:29 KJV), and lose their eternal reward which is salvation in Christ Jesus.
The author tells us clearly. (Those who sin willfully after receiving a knowledge of the truth) Expect God's painful discipline. v.27
Painful discipline? Good gravy, man, do you not understand Gospel 101 which teaches Christ's substitutionary death which He did not deserve allows us to escape the punitive death that we very much deserve, and if Christ's sacrifice ceases to be imputed to us for our sins, we must pay for them ourselves? It doesn't get any more elementary than this, people.
Pure nonsense. Then tell me exactly what Jesus meant by His very clear words in John 10:28. This is what He said: I give them eternal life and they SHALL NEVER PERISH. Maybe you just won't actually read the verse, but Jesus made very clear that on the basis of Him giving eternal life, the recipient shall never perish. So, what do you think He REALLY meant by all that?
What He did not mean is that salvation is unconditional, since He Himself taught "if you continue in My Word, (then) ye are My disciples indeed". He meant those who choose to be kept found will never be lost.

See what I did there? I showed you that "if" and "then" are components of a concept known as CONDITION.
Quit worrying about others. Focus on your OWN rejection of clear doctrine.
Yes, I'd think what you teach is "clear doctrine" too if I only accepted half the Bible for what it teaches. Like saying the Unmerciful Servant is a parable and therefore cannot be allowed to impact the issue of salvation...yep, keep making it up as y'all go.
I am truly amazed that those who believe that salvation can be lost seem so unconcerned with the clear words of Jesus that refuted their beliefs. I would think rejecting what Jesus said in John 10:28 would shake you guys to your boots. Your view contradicts Jesus directly. Since you believe salvation can be lost, you'd better be shaking when you do that.
It is your narrow view which refuses to allow other texts of Scripture to qualify Jesus' promises as conditional.

Maybe you should put the Bible down and come back after you've mastered how "if" and "then" form the concept of "condition" so that you can finally understand what the Bible is saying.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018

Tell us, if you will, what is this "whole law" that Paul is referring to in Galatians 5:3.

And then please exegete what Paul is saying will be the THE RESULT of attempting to keep this "whole law" per Galatians 5:4.

Aug 3, 2019
Can you explain HOW both John 5:24 and 10:28 aren't Scriptural? What a stupid comment.
I never said these weren't Scriptural, I said the conclusion you draw from them isn't Scriptural because it excludes the other texts of Scripture which make the promises contained therein conditional.
OK then, apply that to both John 5:24 and 10:28 and tell me what Jesus was teaching.
Since Jesus Himself said, "IF ye continue in My word, THEN ye are My disciples indeed", the promises contained in these two verses are conditional on whether we continue in His word or not.
So why haven't you just taken these 2 verses apart to show me HOW they cannot be teaching the doctrine that you hate?
Question: when a Universalist appeals to "...not for ours only, but for the sins of the whole world" to support his asinine doctrine, wouldn't the first thing you do is show him other verses which qualify 1 John 2:2 where we're told we must "believe" if we are to receive? Now, what if he said, "Oh no, you must take 1 John 2:2 apart and prove me wrong!!!" You'd think he was a unreasonable fool.

Now, go look in the mirror.
I've EASILY explained how ALL of the verses you throw out DON'T teach loss of salvation. But you are just not listening. Your ears and eyes are closed to truth. Not a good thing to do for one who thinks salvation can be lost.
Yep, you sound exactly like that Universalist would sound, don't you?

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
But you also claim lifestyle is what keeps us saved, yet without any verses to support your claim.
Hmm
You don't understand the concept of faith
Yes save by faith but faith change life style into what Jesus say in

Matt 25

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Aug 3, 2019
That is some serious "externalism" problem you've got there friend.
Just to let you know the 10 Commandments were to be approached in/by faith.
And may I refresh your memory in saying that the promises we cling to were made to Abraham who predated the Law.
Shouldn't we all have a problem with how the church is perceived? False pulpit prophets have taught for so long that "the law was nailed to the Cross" that now the youth in the streets have zero regard for any moral restraint whatsoever. The have no respect for law and order or for those who enforce it.

You're criticism only adds to the problem.

Jan 31, 2021
FreeGrace2 said:
It's (the Unmerciful Servant) a parable. They weren't used to teach doctrine.
The inconsistency with you! Even a blind man can see Jesus used this parable to teach us if God forgives us, we ought to forgive others - but when someone finally points out the Servant was totally forgiven but had that forgiveness revoked...all of a sudden "parables don't teach doctrine", right?
Sure. Some parables are easy to see, but no one should build doctrines on parables, which weren't meant to be understood.

Oh, so the Christian who falls away and becomes an IMPENITENT serial killing madman INCAPABLE of repentance still goes to heaven
I know that you Arminians are just so offended by the horrible sins of others. Do you have any grip on how many sins Jesus Christ died on the cross for? Your comments suggest that you do not.

, but will wear an empty crown - what asinine, satanic confusion this is.
Satan deceives the whole world. The deception is yours. Jesus taught that those He gives eternal life to shall never perish. Yet, you reject His teaching. So don't preach to me.

In fact, those who won't be rewarded will have NO crown, not an "empty" one.

Let's employ our God-given powers of deduction to see if your interpretation lines up with Scripture, which says: "...the latter end of them is worse with them than the beginning".

1. At the beginning of their lives, what did they face? Suffering the Lake of Fire.
Then, they escaped the pollutions of this world as redeemed saints to face what? Eternal Redemption
Finally, after becoming entangled therein again, if what they face at the latter end of them is WORSE than the beginning, what must they now be facing? WORSE suffering in the Lake of Fire!
Peter used "latter end" to refer to the believer's life after he "returns to a life of sin". iow, he will have a miserable life until the day he dies.

This "empty crown" doctrine of yours simply doesn't stand the test of Biblical scrutiny.
Since I never ever said anything about this "empty crown" nonsense you've brought up, it is clear you don't have any scrutiny.

Another ridiculously asinine conclusion because you refuse to compare "line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little, there a little". I've shown you that David in Psalms 51 equates being a "cast away" with "forfeiture of God's Holy Spirit" and Paul taught in no uncertain terms "if any man hath not the Spirit of God, he is none of His".
It is you who fails to read line upon line, and precept upon precept. You don't believe what Jesus said in John 10:28. You claim to be a Christian but you REJECT what the Savior taught. You are hypocritical.

This is why Paul feared becoming a "cast away" - because those who are "cast away" no longer belong to Christ, are no longer "heirs according to the promise" (Galatians 3:29 KJV), and lose their eternal reward which is salvation in Christ Jesus.
Painful discipline? Good gravy, man, do you not understand Gospel 101 which teaches Christ's substitutionary death which He did not deserve allows us to escape the punitive death that we very much deserve, and if Christ's sacrifice ceases to be imputed to us for our sins, we must pay for them ourselves? It doesn't get any more elementary than this, people.
What He did not mean is that salvation is unconditional, since He Himself taught "if you continue in My Word, (then) ye are My disciples indeed". He meant those who choose to be kept found will never be lost.
You have no idea what Paul wrote.

See what I did there? I showed you that "if" and "then" are components of a concept known as CONDITION.
OK, now find verses that show any condition for recipients of eternal life to obey in order to never perish.

Yes, I'd think what you teach is "clear doctrine" too if I only accepted half the Bible for what it teaches.
This sentence shows that you can't deny what Jesus taught in John 10:28, but you continue to believe that there are MORE verses that teach the opposite. You call me "inconsistent" but your ideas are even worse than just being inconsistent. Your ideas lead to the Bible being CONTRADICTED. But your view is too biased to even realize that.

Like saying the Unmerciful Servant is a parable and therefore cannot be allowed to impact the issue of salvation...yep, keep making it up as y'all go.
The unmerciful servant CAN'T be about salvation, since Jesus described him as a "servant".

Why would Jesus describe any unbeliever as a servant? He wouldn't. But you just can't see it, huh.

It is your narrow view which refuses to allow other texts of Scripture to qualify Jesus' promises as conditional.
What Jesus said in John 10:28 needs no "other verses" to interpret it. What a nonsense idea.

Jesus was clear. But you just can't stand it, so you have to force other verses to neutralize what He said in John 10:28. In essence, that is just trying to pervert the Word. Or twisting it to make it out to say what you want it to say.

Fact: you have NO verses that plainly say that salvation can be lost.
I, otoh, have verses that plainly say that believers shall never perish.

Maybe you should put the Bible down and come back after you've mastered how "if" and "then" form the concept of "condition" so that you can finally understand what the Bible is saying.
Maybe you should get on your knees and ask God to pry open those superglued eyelids shut so YOU can finally see the truth.

Jesus gives eternal life to people WHEN they become believers. John 5:24. Or, prove from that verse that Jesus said/meant something else.

Jesus said recipients of eternal life shall never perish. John 10:28. Or, prove from that verse that Jesus said/meant something else.

your turn

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
Of course. The way you interpret Matt 24:13 means Jesus didn't mean what He said in John 10:28.
I am not agree, how Jesus promise physical salvation, all the Bible emphasized spiritual salvation
I know you try to make fit to your church doctrine OSAS than you have to make weir interpretation
Eternal salvation happen after you endure to the end of your live.
Read this verse, in gt some people that chose to endure not worship the beast killed, not physically save like what you say

Reve 13
15 The second beast was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that the image could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed.

Jan 31, 2021
FreeGrace2 said:
Can you explain HOW both John 5:24 and 10:28 aren't Scriptural? What a stupid comment.
I never said these weren't Scriptural, I said the conclusion you draw from them isn't Scriptural because it excludes the other texts of Scripture which make the promises contained therein conditional.
Your comment DID imply that the verses weren't Scriptural. And you reject the very clear sentences of Jesus.

Your default to "other verses" that are needed as "conditions" is bogus. This is just a very thinly veiled attempt to twist what Jesus said.

And you haven't even tried to explain either John 5;24 or 10:28. Why haven't you?

Since Jesus Himself said, "IF ye continue in My word, THEN ye are My disciples indeed", the promises contained in these two verses are conditional on whether we continue in His word or not.
OK, prove that the conditional statement links to either 5:24 or 10:28. But you can't, because what Jesus said in John 8 isn't even about eternal security. You are reading your HUGE bias into what He said.

What He didn't say is "IF IF IF you continue in My word, you will stay saved", which is what you really believe.

Aren't you aware that the word "disciple" doesn't mean saved person? Apparently your "Bible study" hasn't taken you that far yet.

Consider this passage from John 6-
60 On hearing it, many of his disciples said, “This is a hard teaching. Who can accept it?”
61 Aware that his disciples were grumbling about this, Jesus said to them, “Does this offend you?
62 Then what if you see the Son of Man ascend to where he was before!
63 The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you—they are full of the Spirit[e] and life.
64 Yet there are some of you who do not believe.” For Jesus had known from the beginning which of them did not believe and who would betray him.
65 He went on to say, “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled them.”
66 From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him.

Do you believe these disciples were all saved?
Do you believe Judas, one of the 12 DISCIPLES was saved?

Question: when a Universalist appeals to "...not for ours only, but for the sins of the whole world" to support his asinine doctrine, wouldn't the first thing you do is show him other verses which qualify 1 John 2:2 where we're told we must "believe" if we are to receive?
The verse teaches that Jesus died for everyone. This verse doesn't need your so-called "qualifications" of other verses to teach that He died for all. And that's a DIFFERENT subject than how to be saved. So you are simply conflating different subjects.

Regarding eternal security, there aren't any verses that use plain and clear language that teach that salvation can be lost.

No one has ever quoted any verse that plainly tells us that salvation can be lost. Yes, there are quite a few verses that YOU and other Arminians think teach it, but the verses aren't crystal clear, like John 10:28 is.

Yep, you sound exactly like that Universalist would sound, don't you?
I think you are trying to prove to the forum that you are delusional.

Doing a pretty bang up job of it, too.

Aug 3, 2019
A Greek linear thinking process will never do in endeavoring to rightly interpreting Scripture.
But yeah there's absolutely no doubt whatsoever that the 7 year tribulation is divided into two 3.5 parts. Exquisitely delineated if you care to look for it.
How can something that doesn't exist be divided? The 70 Weeks expired right on time, 490 years after 457 B.C., else they've have to rename it "70 Weeks plus 2,000+ years" prophecy.

You can read the Bible from Genesis to Revelation and you'll not find a single Numerically Specific Time Prophecy (I didn't say "Event Specific Time Prophecy" - I said "Numerically Specific Time Prophecy") in all of Scripture that has inserted within it a "gap" of any sort. Just to name a few:

• Noah preached 120 years, no gaps.
  • Israel spent 400 years in bondage, no gaps.
  • Israel's wandering lasted 40 years, no gaps.
  • Elijah's famine lasted 3 1/2 years, no gaps.
  • The Shunammite woman's son was born after 1 year, no gaps.

Jan 31, 2021
Hmm
You don't understand the concept of faith
I do. But you don't understand the doctrine of GRACE.

Yes save by faith but faith change life style into what Jesus say
This is erroneous. Our faith doesn't "change us". Every believer is commanded to grow up in their salvation. It isn't guaranteed, as you presume. It OUGHT TO change us. And that is the command from Scripture.

But many never grow up. They never learn the doctrines about being IN fellowship, how to obey the command to be filled with the Spirit, etc.

Matt 25

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
Did any of these things save anyone? No.

Did any of these things keep someone saved? No again.

Jan 31, 2021
FreeGrace2 said:
I am not agree, how Jesus promise physical salvation, all the Bible emphasized spiritual salvation
Don't try to change the subject here. I'm not talking about physical salvation in John 10:28. And since you think Matt 24:13 is about how to stay saved by lifestyle endurance, it is IMPOSSIBLE to believe the clear and simple words of Jesus in John 10:28.

Jesus has REFUTED your beliefs.

I know you try to make fit to your church doctrine OSAS than you have to make weir interpretation
No, I only have to believe the very words of Jesus. Those He gives eternal life shall never perish.

It is YOU who doesn't believe what Jesus said.

Eternal salvation happen after you endure to the end of your live.
And this shows that YOU don't even believe John 5:24, where Jesus said believers possess eternal life.

You are blatantly rejecting 2 very clear verses that prove our salvation is secure from the moment of faith in Him.

Aug 3, 2019
Well let me ask you this: Are all Christian males to be circumcised? This being THE preeminent necessity required by the law of Moses. Please back up your position with NT Scripture.
Remember, ALL SCRIPTURE is inspired, not just the NT.

The Law of Moses was "added because of transgression until the Seed should come" which means it was added to the Ten Commandments because of transgression of the Ten Commandments until that added law was nailed to the Cross (the Ten Commandments go all the way back as Cain knew not to kill, Rachel knew not to steal, Joseph knew adultery was sin, etc.).

That's why you find NT writers constantly lifting up the Ten Commandments while condemning the Mosaic Law as nailed to the Cross, while the Ten Commandments "stand fast forever and ever".