Resources for Bible Understanding

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Are all of their courses free? Do they cover a variety of subjects?
They are free if you don't want a certificate. I might take one, in an area I'm lacking. 36 lessons? That's a lot. But not PhD level, so that is ok!

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Always above and beyond, a blessing to know.

Apr 4, 2019

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
What are some good resources that I can use to understand the Bible more? For example if I wanted to know what a verse means, what could I use for that?
My first port of call has always been C. H. Spurgeon. He is not named as a theologian but he is certainly recognised as one.

CS1

May 23, 2012
What are some good resources that I can use to understand the Bible more? For example if I wanted to know what a verse means, what could I use for that?
  1. be saved
  2. have the holy Spirit
  3. Pray and ask for wisdom
  4. study the word of God
  5. go to church
  6. read more than one translation

Aug 2, 2021
I am interested in 1 Corinthians 2:11 what is means if it means thoughts that we think only or if it includes things like inner beliefs and values and perhaps even motivation.
Have you received the Gift of Salvation thru the Precious Blood of Christ and have been born-again?

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Bible Hub has all the resources you need. They have done an excellent job of putting together all Bible study tools, commentaries, etc. Kindly go to https://biblehub.com/

CherieR

May 6, 2017
Have you received the Gift of Salvation thru the Precious Blood of Christ and have been born-again?
To be honest, I have felt uncertainty surrounding my own salvation for years. Some moments more assured and other moments not as much. I have received Jesus and my hope is in him.

Aug 2, 2021
To be honest, I have felt uncertainty surrounding my own salvation for years. Some moments more assured and other moments not as much. I have received Jesus and my hope is in him.
Great.

From my 35 years of being saved i would strongly recommend you read the Gospel of John right now.

Take notes everytime you come across the mention of the Holy Spirit.

This is the MOST IMPORTANT BLESSING GOD has for you (us) after recieving Christ in your heart.

In Christianity, nothing is greater or more important for your walk with Christ then the Holy Spirit.

Pray as you read the Gospel of John.

But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly. Matthew 6:6