Respecting Other Religiond

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
I don't know why you're speaking of the administrator asking you to leave based on a simple question I asked out of curiosity.
Anyway, I won't bring it up anymore.

Tom

I have stated in the past Almighty Yahvah God and Yahshua the Messiah know our hearts, so Christian or Messianic we are known, some of us prefer to use original names...

I seek the truth, not a prosperous lifestyle.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
True. The only cemeteries that will bury people with no money are Catholic cemeteries. The state won't even do that unless they have no living family, and then they'll just get tossed into a grave with no ceremony or nothin.
This is a half-truth. What is a half-truth in the sight of Yahweh? It is a lie. Here in Spain, a Catholic country, the catholic church has been desacrating human remains for centuries. Most recently the bodies in mass graves from the Spanish civil war are not allowed to be moved to any cemetary due to the overpowering influence of the church. Please do not come back with it is the government of Spain and not the church because the catholic hierarchy is constantly political here. The church of the Basque country backed openly the murderous terrorists, ETA. If a person is not registered in this country with a catholic church as having been baptised in the church, he cannot, will not, be buried in a catholic area, however they have unholy areas for them. I know in the US, growing up there the catholic church has the appearance of being fair to all other believers, and I was fooled, but believe you me, when the catholic church has any power whatsoever, they run everything, and this is without consulting anyone else, including Yahweh. They have conventions to edit, change and improve the Word..............

J

jimsun

I just really enjoy the experiences & learning of my colleagues on the other boughs of our tree.
Gave up thinking too deeply a few years ago now!
J+

S

SantoSubito

This is a half-truth. What is a half-truth in the sight of Yahweh? It is a lie. Here in Spain, a Catholic country, the catholic church has been desacrating human remains for centuries. Most recently the bodies in mass graves from the Spanish civil war are not allowed to be moved to any cemetary due to the overpowering influence of the church. Please do not come back with it is the government of Spain and not the church because the catholic hierarchy is constantly political here. The church of the Basque country backed openly the murderous terrorists, ETA. If a person is not registered in this country with a catholic church as having been baptised in the church, he cannot, will not, be buried in a catholic area, however they have unholy areas for them. I know in the US, growing up there the catholic church has the appearance of being fair to all other believers, and I was fooled, but believe you me, when the catholic church has any power whatsoever, they run everything, and this is without consulting anyone else, including Yahweh. They have conventions to edit, change and improve the Word..............
I don't know how they do things in Spain, but here whether your Catholic or not if your family is too poor to afford to bury you they will either A) Provide a plot at a Catholic cemetery with a casket or B) Put you in contact with the St. Vincent de Paul society for monetary assistance in burying them in a non-Catholic cemetery; depending on which you choose.

Dec 19, 2009
I have notice an increase amount of threads bashing Roman Catholicism. I just want to point out that there are people who are Catholic and of other religions (christian or not) are satisfied with their spiritual path. I do however personally believe that there is no such thing as a "false or wrong religion" just as long as they are not harming others. In my mind, the only right religion is the one that fits them (just like a pair of shoes) and I do think bashing someone's religion is wrong is contrary to love and respect. You do not have to agree but please do respect their decision (as it is their legal right to adopt the religion of their choice). Loving your neighbor means to love them even if they refuse to convert to your faith.
People who do the Lord’s will are good people, no matter what tag has been placed on them.

Katy-follower

Jun 25, 2011
The reality is there is only ONE truth, not several. To believe ONE truth is to oppose all that goes against it. Only those with the truth, who are saved, are going to Heaven.

This is why we have the bible, for instruction and correction, so everything can be compared to it, otherwise where is our point of reference? We cannot listen to what a man says because what if he's wrong? We can check everything he says by reading the bible and then find any errors.

Exposing errors is not bashing. If a person does not know of an error it's a loving thing to show them what scripture says so they can see it for themselves. It's also not a game of oneupmanship, it's about defending what we know to be truth and trying to lead others to a relationship with the true Christ of the bible so they may also be saved.

Katy-follower

Jun 25, 2011
we can't believe something just because the majority "say so" remember - Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name?
Exactly.

Matthew 7:13-14: "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it"

Christ instructs us to go through the narrow gate.

Many are on the road to destruction and very few are going through the narrow gate. The true church will unfortunately be small in number.