Riots in Minneapolis

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Susanna

Being a law enforcement officer is way more complicated now than before. Theres a multitude of tasks and responsibilities unloaded on every officer. It is becoming obvious that not every officer is able to meet those standards.

Also theres many angry young men out there with guns. It's not always easy to know where the guy with the gun is. You have to take precautions to make sure you're staying safe. Unfortunately that may include the use of deadly force.

I also have to add that many lethal confrontations could have been avoided if the suspect had been acting in accordance with what the officer asked him to do.

We can't know what we're up against when the dispatcher directs us to a scene. So please, always do what the officer tells you to do. You can file your complaints afterwards.

Having that said. Theres most likely 120,000-150,000 officers nationwide. There will be rotten eggs, but I can assure you that we're constantly monitoring our men and women so we can discover any misconduct in the service.

Jun 10, 2019
No money in peace only in anarchy.

If you listen carefully you will notice that they do not just want arrests. They want convictions and executions ever before these men get a trial. Two wrongs do not make a right.

This matter must be settled in a court of law not the court of opinion.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
a conviction i can agree, the video said it all, if they don’t get convicted something is wrong with the system, though that has been screwed up for some time.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Peaceful protest doesn’t work whatcha mean by that?
They've tried peaceful protests and they've tried boycotting and still police officers continue to murder citizens with impunity
Remember when the LAPD dang near beat Rodney King to death and got away with it
there was a senator who said that judge just lit the fuse to a bomb
I'm not saying I condone the violence but what did they think was going to happen when the cops murder someone on camera in broad daylight and no arrest has been made
You can only push a group of people so far before they push back

Socreta93

Jul 28, 2015
Interesting how the incident with the cop was no where to be seen on this site yet when the riots happened, it gets immediately posted.

Jun 10, 2019
They've tried peaceful protests and they've tried boycotting and still police officers continue to murder citizens with impunity
Remember when the LAPD dang near beat Rodney King to death and got away with it
there was a senator who said that judge just lit the fuse to a bomb
I'm not saying I condone the violence but what did they think was going to happen when the cops murder someone on camera in broad daylight and no arrest has been made
You can only push a group of people so far before they push back
breaking things and destroying things shouldn’t be a last resort nor should anyone one condone that.

I do remember the LA riots, the truck driver the intereview after and how he had no ill feelings about what happened to him with part of his skull gone. neither of the two things that happen in LA should of ever happened,

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
wow thats bad but little things can set people off that have been festering for years.
in my town the last riot we had was back in the days when the wharfies were striking before I was born. Most grievances eventually get resolved through peaceful protest, boycotts or strike action here.

but if a govt or law enforcement dont listen and do stuff against unarmed people like in Selma, people dont take that lightly. martin luther king jr basically had to train an entire people to be non violent but the lesson is lost on many people today...as people now keep stockpiling weapons ie guns to use just in case. its like the wild west all over again.

it happened to the suffragettes when people started getting hurt and DYING because men wouldnt let them vote.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
I just saw he's been arrested and charged with murder
Life with no possibility of parole would be appropriate here

May 29, 2020
It's ended up being another Rodney King event, the sad thing is nothing has really changed since Rod.

S

Susanna

I just saw he's been arrested and charged with murder
Life with no possibility of parole would be appropriate here
I read that he was charged with manslaughter, so I guess life without parole is not an option.

E

EleventhHour

What did the Minneapolis Police department think was going to happen? I saw the video. There's no question in my mind that was murder.
Thing is, peaceful protest don't work in a police state I'm not condoning the violence but I sympathize with their anger and until things change this will continue to happen
Area you stating that the USA is now a police state?

Billyd

May 8, 2014
I visited Minneapolis several times in the mid eighties. It was a beautiful city, and I always looked forward to my visits. It is a shame to see the horrible damage done to the city.

I hope they prosecute each and every rock thrower, arsonist, and looter to the fullest extent of the law.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
I read that he was charged with manslaughter, so I guess life without parole is not an option.
You're in law enforcement. Is knee on a suspect's neck a standard or acceptable practice under any circumstances?

I think that the charges will be revised when the investigation is complete. I also believe the officers who stood by will at a minimum be fired.

S

Susanna

You're in law enforcement. Is knee on a suspect's neck a standard or acceptable practice under any circumstances?

I think that the charges will be revised when the investigation is complete. I also believe the officers who stood by will at a minimum be fired.
I can't speak for Minneapolis, but the situation appears to be under control.

Knee on neck is extremely dangerous because it takes so little before unconsciousness and death occurs.

The officer may not have been aware of that, he might have been unable to be dealing with stressful situations in accordance with protocol, or he got scared.

Protocol apparently (don't know Minneapolis protocol) has not been followed and the responsibility is on the officer and his superior officers.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
I can't speak for Minneapolis, but the situation appears to be under control.

Knee on neck is extremely dangerous because it takes so little before unconsciousness and death occurs.

The officer may not have been aware of that, he might have been unable to be dealing with stressful situations in accordance with protocol, or he got scared.

Protocol apparently (don't know Minneapolis protocol) has not been followed and the responsibility is on the officer and his superior officers.
I was thinking that a knee on the neck has a high potential for permanent spinal injury. There has to be a better way to restrain someone.

I watched a young police officer talk a teenager down. The teenager had a revolver pointed at him, but the officer never drew his weapon. I asked him later why he didn't draw his weapon, and he said that for a split second, he saw that the teenager's gun was not loaded. I don't want to live on a split second vision. The teenager was place in a drug treatment program and a residential mental health program. Today, thirty years later the teenager is a productive member of society.

D

DWR

Those destroying property, looting, and endangering others are no better that the policeman that took that man's life.
Each and everyone of those who engaged is such action should be arrested and sent to prison.

S

Susanna

I was thinking that a knee on the neck has a high potential for permanent spinal injury. There has to be a better way to restrain someone.

I watched a young police officer talk a teenager down. The teenager had a revolver pointed at him, but the officer never drew his weapon. I asked him later why he didn't draw his weapon, and he said that for a split second, he saw that the teenager's gun was not loaded. I don't want to live on a split second vision. The teenager was place in a drug treatment program and a residential mental health program. Today, thirty years later the teenager is a productive member of society.
Did you ask him what kind of gun it was allowing him to see if it was loaded or not?

E

EleventhHour

Those destroying property, looting, and endangering others are no better that the policeman that took that man's life.
Each and everyone of those who engaged is such action should be arrested and sent to prison.
False equivocation

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011

Did you ask him what kind of gun it was allowing him to see if it was loaded or not?
I'm sure with your law enforcement background you are aware that the cylinder on many revolvers is open to the front. As long as the hammer isn't already cocked the chamber that is about to be fired is visible to the side of the barrel if the weapon is cocked then that chamber is hidden by the barrel.