Road block

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 10, 2017
Ive hit a road block, i want to go to church but dont know how it works and am very scared of people how ever weird that sound. What should i do?
Thanks for any advice you guys can give me :D
:D

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Hello Andy. Life is so very full of challenges and road blocks, it is good that you recognize that you have reached one in this regard. "Church" exists to support others in their understanding of and seeking after God and His will in and for your life. Any decent congregation of people would not mind if you approached them with the truth of your situation, which is that you are looking for a church home, a place where you feel welcomed and accepted for who you are and loved, while also being taught the Word of God. Be honest about it and you will receive honesty and warmth in return. If you do not, keep searching. I have been so very blessed in this regard, having attended about four different churches since I was baptized thirteen years ago. I am settled into a church now that is full of lovely loving people with great leadership, that I have been a part of for at least the last ten years. I hope you are able to find something for yourself that will fill your needs as a person growing into the fullness of the grace of God. Blessings to you!

U

Ugly

Go. Sit down. Listen. If you want to involve yourself in the worship go ahead. If not then just sit or stand there till it's over.
Some people will say hi and shake your hand. Maybe talk to you for a minute. Nothing to be scared of.

Oct 10, 2017
Hello Andy. Life is so very full of challenges and road blocks, it is good that you recognize that you have reached one in this regard. "Church" exists to support others in their understanding of and seeking after God and His will in and for your life. Any decent congregation of people would not mind if you approached them with the truth of your situation, which is that you are looking for a church home, a place where you feel welcomed and accepted for who you are and loved, while also being taught the Word of God. Be honest about it and you will receive honesty and warmth in return. If you do not, keep searching. I have been so very blessed in this regard, having attended about four different churches since I was baptized thirteen years ago. I am settled into a church now that is full of lovely loving people with great leadership, that I have been a part of for at least the last ten years. I hope you are able to find something for yourself that will fill your needs as a person growing into the fullness of the grace of God. Blessings to you!
Thank you alot :D

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
You are very welcome! :) I was thinking about you and this thread as I drove to work this morning, for I listen to Christian teachings on the radio in my car, and I wondered if you do the same, that is, perhaps not just the radio, but there are so many different ways of deepening and enlarging your knowledge and understanding of the Word of God, and although I would not put such forward as a means of replacing fellowship, surely it could enhance your life while you are yet seeking a church home.

Many churches also post their sermons/teachings in audio format online, so if you were to look up churches in your area, you could possibly sample them that way as well. I would encourage you to step out in faith and walk into places physically, though :D Of course I would not say to go to a Catholic church :p Lutheran and Anglican are so close to them that I shy away from them as well, but you will find your way. I know it can be scary especially if you are inordinately shy or fearful of falling into teachings that are in error. Perhaps a non denomination church, or Baptist. Some would say the opposite I am sure LOL.

One of the online teachers I recommend to others is Dr John Neufeld of Back to the Bible Canada. He is a wonderful teacher with such a great presentation; he is a pleasure to listen to. You may also like the teaching of Dr Gary Hedricks of Messianic Perspectives, for their ministry focus is on connecting the Old Testament Scriptures with the New Covenant work of Christ.

https://www.backtothebible.ca/messages/

CJF Media - Videos & Such far upper link, links to

https://www.oneplace.com/ministries...e-world-ready-for-two-men-part-16-622153.html

Oct 10, 2017
The church i was thinking about going to is Pentecostal and they do post their sermons online, i think what im most scared of is being in a youth group thing. having to be around kids my age is terrifying. thanks for being so helpful though Magenta

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
The church i was thinking about going to is Pentecostal and they do post their sermons online, i think what im most scared of is being in a youth group thing. having to be around kids my age is terrifying. thanks for being so helpful though Magenta
I was going to suggest finding a church with a youth ministry :D Fifteen year olds are terrifying :eek:;););):eek: They know everything! j/k of course :D But I knew everything when I was fifteen :) I was more fully falling into my rebellious ways at that age. Many kudos to you for wanting to follow a Christian path!

I was baptized in a Pentecostal church (at the age of 49), and attended the Vineyard church at the same time, and then a Baptist church, which had wonderful leadership and congregants (it was much smaller than the Pentecostal church [which was huge], and I knew not much about denominational differences at that time). The Baptist church also had Sunday afternoon meetings where we read, sang, prayed, meditated, shared, and broke bread together; we also had communion at that time as well. It was a lovely way to fellowship with others.

Around the same time I found a non-denominational church that had been seeded by American Baptists. Their teachings were solid, the people were lovely, and I liked the music better (modern praise and worship, which I had been introduced to in the Pentecostal church). It is funny but I was torn between the two churches for a while, because both were wonderful, but I finally went with the one that met not in a church building, and had modern praise and worship songs. A few years ago we got a new pastor after the original one was called away, and it got even better!

I hope you can get over your fear of being around people your own age. Do you know why they terrify you? You seem like such a nice young man :) Stay close to the elders and they will help guide you.

I wanted to add also, that here in Canada we have the United Church, which I would steer anyone seeking Truth away from. (I could explain more of why if you wanted me to :)) Under the United umbrella fall other denominations, so you may need to do a little research, but I would definitely encourage you to step out of your fear a little, at least enough to get you into the presence of other believers physically, so that you may receive the blessings inherent in sharing yourself with others.