And it would be terrible if that person in the pick-up had of caused you to bump his truck from the back and then he didn't't have insurance.This morning I was driving on a single lane road, staying about four car lengths behind the vehicle in front of me. The guy behind me was a wise guy with a big pick up truck and didn't like that I was remaining so far behind the vehicle in front of me. So he swung onto the right shoulder, passed me and cut me off with an attitude.
Seconds later traffic stopped and he was stuck like everyone else, but he made sure he was just inches behind the vehicle that was now in front of him. The vehicle was a garbage truck. That's why I stayed back a few car lengths. So ultimately, he cut me off only to be stuck in traffic like everyone else, but he had the pleasure of smelling garbage up close and personal. Lol.
If I'm being tailgated and there's a semi truck nearby, I like to slow down to match it's speed and stay right next to it. Just to make the tailgater feel happy![]()
i had a "ARE YOU SERIOUS?!" moment this morning. sigh.
Still trying to figure out what to do when a vehicle whips in front of me and then slows down #@&¥%@₩...oh, besides pray
View attachment 128131
Same here, no tickets or accidents leaving plenty of room...but still can't prevent the cutting in and slowing down of others...unless I have a heat seeking missle pointed their way lol.Which is why I never tailgate or speed. I drive with a calm state of mind and plenty of space in front of me giving way to any vehicle that wants to change lanes. No tickets and no accidents for many many years now..
Gee, Utah! If I had known that was you driving so far behind the garbage truck, I wouldn't have cut in on you!
No, wait! I live in Canada, you don't!
Just joking, I drive safely most of the time! Especially in the small town I live in, there is no point in racing or cutting in. But it was an area God really had to work on me about once. I tell no lies!
But in this small town, it seems like I am the only person who stops at a stop sign or red light before making a right turn. Even my husband picked up on this illegal habit and started doing it. Lucky he had me around to correct (nag??) him to remember the laws concerning complete stops before turning.
I was cut off twice in a span of a few driving minutes. Both times it was because the right lane was ending and the guy behind me whipped in front of me. I promise you, I'm the driver you want on the road -- focused, direct, courteous and usually go about seven miles above the speed limit on a single lane road.
After being cut off the second time, I asked God, "Are you testing me?" I don't think God tests us like that. Maybe I'm wrong. Then I thought, the other day I mentioned here that the enemy attacks our weaknesses, and one of mine is disrespectful drivers. So, is it God, the enemy, just life among disrespectful idiots, or a combination of more than one?