Robert E. Lee statue to be moved in Virginia

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
I have this way of making arguments, but they're only addressed with banal platitudes and non-sequiturs.

Do you have an actual argument or are you just here to troll?

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
I have this way of making arguments, but they're only addressed with banal platitudes and non-sequiturs.
Explain how my argument is non sequitur
How are they not but you look so fly supremacy when they are monuments that literally honour slave owners

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Thanks bro!

How are they not but you look so fly supremacy when they are monuments that literally honour slave owners

M

MegMarch

I have to side with Dude here. Des looks so good that I’m sure he has to swat the ladies away like flies.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Oop
Oops typo
When one, many of these monuments were put in place during the Jim Crow era like a giant middle finger to the civil Rights movement
And two, they are literally honoring man who owned slaves

S

Susanna

I’ve been thinking about one thing. These monuments will be long time forgotten anyway in a few decades, or in a century or two. Which makes me think it’s not that important whether they stay or not.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
I've already addressed these topics in this thread, but you've conveniently ignored the arguments I've made. I would only be repeating myself which is supremely annoying.

If you want to try again, go ahead.

Oop

Oops typo
When one, many of these monuments were put in place during the Jim Crow era like a giant middle finger to the civil Rights movement
And two, they are literally honoring man who owned slaves

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Germany left Auschwitz standing as a tribute to the victims were as America puts up tributes to the perpetrators
If you want it to be about history than one I put up monuments to people who helped end slavery?

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Leftists and anarchists have been removing statues in the USA since about 2015. But when the Republicans controlled both houses, they could have passed a meaningful law banning the removal of any statue or monument, or defacing or destroying any of these memorials. They failed to do their duty.

That law should have also included protecting those national treasures from vandals, and soldiers should have been posted at every location 24/7 to ensure that nothing was removed or vandalized. At the very least Trump should have issued an Executive Order banning the destruction of public property.

And because there was no strong national law with severe penalties against this type of anarchy, we have recently seen "peaceful" BLM protesters savagely defacing, destroying and removing statues. Even those of Abraham Lincoln, Queen Victoria and Churchill have been attacked.

Anarchists and seditionists are rampaging across the world, and the feckless politicians are standing by and doing nothing. Now senators, congressmen, governors, mayors. and city councils are colluding with the enemies of America to destroy America. This would have been unimaginable twenty years ago. And they all think that these lawless Radical Leftists deserve to have their way, while law-abiding citizens are locked up for minor infractions.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Robert e lee participated and fought to keep slavery
And Abraham Lincoln enslaved the Native Americans with his policies!

In hindsight, the American civil war -- overseen by Lincoln -- was an absolute disaster. And the Yankees were as much at fault as the Southerners. The history of the War of the States and its aftermath shows how evil that war really was, and it accomplished absolutely nothing.

Nonetheless, no one has the right to remove, vandalize or destroy public property. And indeed if these statues are so offensive, the people taking offense can always emigrate to wherever they feel they can live.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Leftists and anarchists have been removing statues in the USA since about 2015. But when the Republicans controlled both houses, they could have passed a meaningful law banning the removal of any statue or monument, or defacing or destroying any of these memorials. They failed to do their duty.

That law should have also included protecting those national treasures from vandals, and soldiers should have been posted at every location 24/7 to ensure that nothing was removed or vandalized. At the very least Trump should have issued an Executive Order banning the destruction of public property.

And because there was no strong national law with severe penalties against this type of anarchy, we have recently seen "peaceful" BLM protesters savagely defacing, destroying and removing statues. Even those of Abraham Lincoln, Queen Victoria and Churchill have been attacked.

Anarchists and seditionists are rampaging across the world, and the feckless politicians are standing by and doing nothing. Now senators, congressmen, governors, mayors. and city councils are colluding with the enemies of America to destroy America. This would have been unimaginable twenty years ago. And they all think that these lawless Radical Leftists deserve to have their way, while law-abiding citizens are locked up for minor infractions.
I'm not an anarchist at all but I don't view monuments to white supremacy as national treasures

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
I'm not an anarchist at all but I don't view monuments to white supremacy as national treasures
History is what it is, and monuments are monuments regardless of politics. No one has the right to destroy or deface them. Indeed it is A CRIMINAL ACT to do so.

1666. DESTRUCTION OF GOVERNMENT PROPERTY -- 18 U.S.C. § 1361
Section 1361 protects "any property" of the United States or an agency or department thereof, or any property being manufactured or constructed for the United States or an agency or department thereof, from willful depredation or attempted depredation. "Depredation" has been characterized as the act of plundering, robbing, pillaging or laying waste. United States v. Jenkins, 554 F.2d 783, 786 (6th Cir. 1977); cf. Deal v. United States, 274 U.S. 277, 283 (1927) ("depredation" defined in context of postal statute). This section prohibits actual physical damage or destruction of both real and personal property, but mere adverse possession of that property without physical harm is insufficient to violate the law.

Are you going to suggest that these were also monuments to white supremacy?

McEnany: Burning of St. John's Church and Defacing of Lincoln Memorial Is Inexcusable
"That church supported the bold Civil Rights moment of the March on Washington which began at the Lincoln Memorial," she continued. "The VA was defaced. Literally the word veteran spray painted out of the placard in front of the Department of Veteran Affairs. The Lincoln Memorial defaced. How does that make much sense?

So all of this is Anarchism, nothing less. And the penalties should have been extremely severe.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
History is what it is, and monuments are monuments regardless of politics. No one has the right to destroy or deface them. Indeed it is A CRIMINAL ACT to do so.

1666. DESTRUCTION OF GOVERNMENT PROPERTY -- 18 U.S.C. § 1361
Section 1361 protects "any property" of the United States or an agency or department thereof, or any property being manufactured or constructed for the United States or an agency or department thereof, from willful depredation or attempted depredation. "Depredation" has been characterized as the act of plundering, robbing, pillaging or laying waste. United States v. Jenkins, 554 F.2d 783, 786 (6th Cir. 1977); cf. Deal v. United States, 274 U.S. 277, 283 (1927) ("depredation" defined in context of postal statute). This section prohibits actual physical damage or destruction of both real and personal property, but mere adverse possession of that property without physical harm is insufficient to violate the law.

Are you going to suggest that these were also monuments to white supremacy?

McEnany: Burning of St. John's Church and Defacing of Lincoln Memorial Is Inexcusable
"That church supported the bold Civil Rights moment of the March on Washington which began at the Lincoln Memorial," she continued. "The VA was defaced. Literally the word veteran spray painted out of the placard in front of the Department of Veteran Affairs. The Lincoln Memorial defaced. How does that make much sense?

So all of this is Anarchism, nothing less. And the penalties should have been extremely severe.
I don't condone destruction of property but I do condone campaigning and protesting to have them legally removed

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Because history is more complex than that. So is the expression of virtues. William Lloyd Garrison was a hero for seeking to end slavery and a total villain for wanting to burn the Constitution. One expression of his ideas was good. The other would have brought ruin to this country in her adolescence.

Again, read through my previous points and actually address them. I explain my entire viewpoint on statues at the beginning of this thread. I explain how chattel slavery in the American South is not as comparable to the Holocaust as you suppose, especially by the time of the Civil War. I encourage you to refute these if you're able. It would make for an interesting discussion.

Germany left Auschwitz standing as a tribute to the victims were as America puts up tributes to the perpetrators
If you want it to be about history than one I put up monuments to people who helped end slavery?

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
They are going to remove all public display of white supremacy in America.

The marines are talking down all confederate flags, and all display of white supremacy, and things associated with it.

And eventually all public displays of prejudice whatever it is will not be tolerated.

The religions are probably next to be put on an equal level especially Christianity, and Islam, for they believe they are exclusive, and no more public display of them putting themselves as the only way to have spirituality.
Hitler killed approximately six million Jews.
Just under 2 million slaves died in route from Africa.
While the numbers are smaller but I think 2 million could reasonably be called a holocaust