Robert E. Lee statue to be moved in Virginia

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 1, 2020
Well they should just smash the idols. Moving them seems like a weak compromise with the Devil.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
You are perfectly correct. And now we are seeing the end of America before our eyes. With the collusion of all those who were appointed to protect America from enemies both foreign and domestic.
Right because we won't ever survive without monuments to slavery.
The horror

Silverwings

Jul 27, 2016
We do not call ourselves American ;) We may say we are North American, though ;)

I am 66 years old and have been American all my life, I do not plan to change this for anyone!!

Silverwings

Jul 27, 2016
The protests will only escalate for it is what the American government wants.

They want them to protest, and riot, and be destructive, and even had people to escalate the protests and riots.

I disagree with this, unless you are speaking solely about the Democrats.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
Right because we won't ever survive without monuments to slavery.
The horror
^ monuments to the Confederate States of America, not slavery.

as a proud southerner, i fly my stars and bars for heritage, not hate. ( well, not right now as i do not want the peaceful ,tolerate protesters to burn my house down).

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
^ monuments to the Confederate States of America, not slavery.

as a proud southerner, i fly my stars and bars for heritage, not hate. ( well, not right now as i do not want the peaceful ,tolerate protesters to burn my house down).
Yeah the Confederacy that fought to keep slavery

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
Yeah the Confederacy that fought to keep slavery
the south left the union due to a tariff on cotton imposed by a northern controlled congress that put more money in the federal government and took money out of the farmers hands . ( by the way, great way to encourage slave owners to give up slavery and pay the folks who worked for them.)

since cotton was one of the largest exports , and as the south no longer part of america , they had to force the south back into the union to get the tax revenue back. and they freed the salves as a throw in to keep the northern people behind the union. ( folks are not marching off to war for federal tax revenue.)

so, the " south fought to keep slavery , the north fought to keep the slaves " is a fake history.

the north would have had no problem with slaves picking cotton if they would have kept getting tariff revenue.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Also the Confederate flag has always stood for white supremacy

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
Also the Confederate flag has always stood for white supremacy
in some folks eyes, yes. but to many ( like me) it is symbol of the desired southern independence'

and, why do ya'll think that the south would not have ended slavery on it's own??

there was lots of slaves in the caribbean islands ( sugar cane) and they were all freed without an army marching in.

* full disclosure , many of the caribbean slaves were owned by blacks , that made freeing them eaiser.

K

kaylagrl

Confederate monuments have always stood for white supremacy
Many of them were put up during the Jim Crow era as a giant middle finger to the civil Rights movement

By the Dems, exactly. So let the Dems bury their past as quickly as they can so they don't lose voters this election year. Pelosi declaring they all need to be pulled down while being silent about her own father who erected confederate statues himself. smh If Dems were honest about their past I wouldn't mind. Reps. need to get out of their way and let them shoot themselves in the foot. .

K

kaylagrl

I have to clarify I'm not a Communist or admirer of the Soviet Union. Quite the opposite.

The old Red monuments and busts which stand today are, in my mind, worth retaining precisely because they remind us of history's ugliest atrocities and the men behind them.

Yes, I've looked them up, very imposing and stark, a reminder of those who died under that regime. Americans need to see them then hear the history, that is where we are headed of people don't wake up.

K

kaylagrl

Millions of Africans were killed during the slave trade
And yet white people are told they need to feel guilty. Yet no mention is made of the part the Muslims took in the slave trade. How odd...

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
er...I dont ever remember white people are told they have to feel guilty but theres been PLENTY of instances where white people have automatically branded black people guilty for crimes they hadnt even done.

its called lynching. ad if that did not happen on.a regualr basis we would not even be having this discussion

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Thankfully we have Jesus who died on the cross for all...it doesnt matter your skin colour. He was falsely accused but died anyway. And He forgives all who repent.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
also Jesus never asked for any statues to be made of him but people unable to give up idolatry do it anyway.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
The reason why most graves have crosses instead of statues to memorialise peoples is because we are believers.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
americans are quite weird in that the north fought to make the union as rhey wanted to expand and the south fought to keep seperate.

what could have happened is the south could have just agreed to free all the slaves without fighting but they werent gonna budge on that and wanted to go to war over it instead. the slaves themselves werent involved in the actual fighting. they were just caught up in it. If theyy had marched for freedom or just left, which many did, the south would have gome after the, and tried to get them back when they had nobody to work on the plantations anymore, since they were too lazy pardon my language to actually pick the cotton themselves.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Now if bamboo was grown instead of cotton, you might have a better more sustainable industry, and also habitat.