R
Revelator7
Guest
I need the help of a Christian community on the topic of rollerblading. I've been trying to talk my mom into letting my skate again but she is fighting me on the issue because she hates it. I'm 27 years old and I recently have moved back in with my parents. My parents have my skates somewhere around the house but I don't know where they are. When I was 16 years old I used to go to the local skatepark. From there I met some other rollerbladers and made friends with them. It was that year when I went to the home of one of those people and was accidentally shot in the eye with a bb gun and I lost my vision in one of my eyes. I forgave the person that did this to me and we continued to be friends. After I healed I would hang out with this person and when we didn't rollerblade sometimes we would drink together. Ever since then my mom has hated the thought of me rollerblading. I believe the trauma that happened to me along with "the partying" has caused my mom to focus on rollerblading as the main reason for not being a godly person. I have tried to tell her that rollerbladers are not all party type of people. She believes that all rollerbladers are party animals. I told her that I met a Christian girl who rollerblades and goes to the skatepark and she wants to have a skate date with me, I met her on Facebook. My mom says how could she be a Christian and rollerblade? I have tried to tell my mom that rollerblading has been that constant in my life that has helped me not only physically with keeping my body in shape, but it has mentally been a blessing for me. It's my anti-drug. It treats my depression. In the past when I've been sad or angry, I would skate and it would be the best therapy for me. Wearing a helmet and pads are not an issue for me, I am pro helmet and pads. I have explained to my mom that I want to make a ministry out of my gift for skating. I want to go to the skate park, wear Christian T-shirts that are for witnessing, and just silently skate while everyone would know that I'm Christian. She still doesn't want anything to do with it. I told her that people who party are everywhere and in every sort of place in life. They're at the workplace, they're in college, they're even in the church. This is has been causing me a lot of mixed emotions lately. It's gotten me even more depressed. I feel controlled. I don't have anything else other than my gift for music. But I'm bored of music because I have a lower end guitar with broken strings and it's hard to hear myself without a microphone. But I'm more of a music producer and I used to have a laptop to make music electronically, I'm more of a DJ type of musician. I have been nothing but obedient to my parents, not drinking or doing anything that they don't like, even though I'm 27. If I could get as many replies to this thread as possible with your feedback on why you think rollerblading is a positive thing for me in my life please write your thoughts down. Thank you.