Could you show me where it says the Law brings death.
I havent read that yet, only wrath.
God bless
I think it is somewhere in one or two corrinthians, but Im weak in recall, so give me a day to read again.
God bless
pickles
Could you show me where it says the Law brings death.
I havent read that yet, only wrath.
God bless
Could you show me where it says the Law brings death.
I havent read that yet, only wrath.
God bless
2 Corinthians 3:4-6
Worldwide English (New Testament) (WE)
[SUP]4 [/SUP]We can say this because we trust in God. And we trust in God because of Christ.
[SUP]5 [/SUP]We are not good enough to think we can do anything ourselves. But God makes us able to do it.
[SUP]6 [/SUP]God has made a new start with people. He has given us a new way back to God. It is not a written law. The Spirit gives it to us. The written law brings death, but the Spirit gives life.
Could Romans 14 be applied all the secondary issues (what I consider secondary issues) we fight over? Such as eternal security, limited atonement and predestination as a Calvinist would teach it, infant baptism, eschatology etc. etc.?
Seems to me we all need to take a good long look at this chapter, maybe some more then others.
I know one thing, I stopped drinking a beer or two at my mother's house, because she's is against it.
I managed to find this one surprisingly quickly, quite a blessing for me.
2 cor.3 : 6 who has made us ministers of a new covenant, not a covenant of written law but of spirit.
The written law kills, but the spirit gives us life.
Im sure Ive read it else where, but this is one where 2cor ch. 3 does explain well.
Please note: that this does not mean the written law is bad.
God bless
pickles
you bout whipped out all the threadsfunny.
next you prolly gona say we should find unity
in Christ......sheesh where do they come from?![]()
Pickles it goes a little deeper than that...
It has to do with the meat and the milk as well as the vessels unto honour and the other unto dishonour...
God makes from the SAME LUMP of clay vessels unto honour, and vessels unto dishonour... What does the vessel have to say to the other?... MMM? Should the vessel unto honour say to the vessel unto dishounour... WEWEWEWE I am a vessel unto honour..... ??? No he should not!. And should the vessel unto dishonour say to the vessel unto hounour.... HEY YOU! WHY YOU SO HONOURSOME?....
You know Pickles, God says if I DISHONOUR the vessel he made honorouble, IT IS SIN. He would make HIS power known in FAITH! And unfaithful has NO POWER... Proof? Look at our prayers! Would Jesus find FAITH on earth if HE RETURNS? NOPE!!!!
Maybe we have to ask God for some assistance. And how can we do that without FAITH? Should I eat meat? Should I not eat meat? Should I ask GOD for ANYTHING, should I NOT ask God for anything. What if I do and I do not receive? Did God hear, and chose not to answer, or did HE not even hear the ASK (prayer)?
Or is it a lack of faith, and I pray NOT IN FAITH... is it sin to pray NOT IN FAITH? May I even PRAY if I have no faith? I say NO! WASTE OF TIME! God does not EVEN HEAR!
How do I get faith? How can I do ANYTHING IN FAITH, if I have no faith? Where do I get faith, and how? [/QUOTE
Cobus, all you wrote was kinda confusing here, not your fault, just my dislexia kicking in.
But I believe you are refuring to the body being the temple, and keeping it pure.
So that as we live now in Jesus's spirit, His spirit lives in this body, temple.
This is done by living in faith, obedience and holyness we are called to.
Not of our own power, but all granted and given in Jesus through faith.
Some say faith is a gift, some say we choose, I see it as a gift of choosing.
You speak to a deeper meaning cobus, but it is not about deeper or more.
All that God has given us in His word, is infinite, or as God said, I am!
His understanding given, is eternal , presant and infinite!
God bless
pickles
Oh 2 Cor...Thank you
I was recalling from Galations Chpts 2-4 such as here
[SUP]19[/SUP] Why, then, was the law given at all? It was added because of transgressions until the Seed to whom the promise referred had come. The law was given through angels and entrusted to a mediator. [SUP]20[/SUP] A mediator, however, implies more than one party; but God is one. [SUP]21[/SUP] Is the law, therefore, opposed to the promises of God? Absolutely not! For if a law had been given that could impart life, then righteousness would certainly have come by the law. [SUP]22[/SUP] But Scripture has locked up everything under the control of sin, so that what was promised, being given through faith in Jesus Christ, might be given to those who believe.
And Romans 4:15
because law brings wrath. And where there is no law there is no transgression
And Romans 7:7
What shall we say, then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! Indeed I would not have known what sin was except through the law. For I would not have known what coveting really was if the law had not said, "Do not covet."
So if were to understand that the law brings death, it would be good to point out what it brings death to (to prevent others reading from becoming confused, cuz we know what we mean rightbut others may not)
It is my understanding that what the law brings death to is the old person.
For sin to be revealed so that we may die to our old self
And if we die to our old self how would we carry on?
What do we take on so we dont walk around as figuratively dead?
Many people are reluctant to die to their old self since they wouldnt know how to remain.
What can be seen though is the law revealing our sin will help us to die to sin, crucify ourselves.
(The law brings death (finishing the sentence) so that we CAN live in Christ.)
And that is how we remain.
I really like the closing statement here, says it all!
God bless
pickles
When I first read this scripture, it was a bit puzzling.
Then in context, more was understood.
But now, as scripture to teach , guide and help us in understanding of faith and justification.
Much more has been given in Jesus, Gods grace, and faith.
But as always, I want to hear the understanding that you have recieved in Jesus Christ is Lord come in the flesh.
As confermation is important to me always in Jesus.
Simply because, this scripture can be tricky, and must be recieved and lived not for flesh, but for Gods glory.
Romans 14:22-23
24: So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God.
Blessed is the one who does not condemn himself by what he approves.
23: But whoever has doubts is condemned if they eat.
Because their eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin.
Please share what is the message being given to us by this scripture, both in that day, and applied to us in this day.
God bless
pickles