Romans Chapter 1 Verses 24-32

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Thewatchman

Jun 19, 2021
Verse 24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonor their own bodies between themselves:

They destroy each other. They destroy immune systems; they do all this by going against nature.

Verse 25.Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Who is the Creator Yahaveh the Living God. Who is this creature they most often worship. He has many names Satan, the devil, ETC. Whichever what ever you want to call him they would much rather follow him than God; and yet at the same time sing praises to God. It is not The living God not the God I serve are they singing to. God Himself says in 2nd Thessalonians chapter 2: And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness. If you want to go the way of perversion and this goes for the things of the flesh as well as the false doctrine taught in many “christian” churches. Do you thank God is happy with Pastors that lie, water down the truth just to butts in the seats and dollars in the plate? NO.

Verse 26.For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

None of this is natural. It goes against the natural way God set things up.

Verse 27. And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

If you want to be distorted go right ahead. I bring forth Gods word as taught. I do not judge anybody but I am and as Christians we are responsible to teach God's word to teach you what keeps you in God's blessings and what will cause you to fall away. If you choose to go through the wide gate that leads to destruction, you go right ahead have a good trip. It is up to you, it is your choose go for it; But as a teacher or as I am a student of Gods word we are to let you know just what you are doing and what will happen if you keep going down that road.

Verse 28. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Has God ever told us of this before? I thank He has turn in your bible to Leviticus 20 starting at verse 13:If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them. We could also stay in the same book 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination. There are some churches out there that will say we need to recognize this. “God loves all his children” He does not love what they are doing! IT IS AN ABOMINATION! Lets keep going turn to Deuteronomy 23: 17 There shall be no whore of the daughters of Israel, nor a sodomite of the sons of Israel.

Daughters of Israel (temple harlots) nor sodomite (a male prostitute)

Verse 18. Thou shalt not bring the hire of a whore, or the price of a dog, into the house of the LORD thy God for any vow: for even both these are abomination unto the LORD thy God.

Dog here does not mean a dog like the animal but the term used for a male prostitute. Why? FOR EVEN BOTH OF THESE ARE AN OBOMINATION UNTO THE LORD THY GOD. You can not get up in church and sing Amazing Grace and partake in prevision. You are not going to receive Gods blessings if you do these things; or allow any other type of sin into your church or your life. This may sound very judgmental but it is not my words I am speaking. It is not my place to judge you I do not want any part of it but who am I to judge what you do. That is Gods job. Mine is point out what God says and then let you make up your own mind. If you chose to go down the the road which goes through the wide gate that is your choice. As for me I am going to take the rode which goes up to the narrow gate. I will still speak to you I will still respect you as long as you are not trying to drag other with you in your downfall. It is your choice; but when you bring it to the public square I am going to stand up against it and call it out.

Back to the book of Romans 1:29

Verse 29.Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers;

Whisperers are some of the worst I thank “did you hear about so and so or what he did or who she was out with last night . . .

Verse 30: Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

Proud, pride tht is what caused the war in heaven the first time. Satan got proud and wanted to set in the mercy seat. Ezekiel 28.

Verse 31. Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

Without understanding; If all you ever get or want is the milk and not the meat then you are in trouble.

Verse 32. Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

He who knows what is right is and fails to do it for him it is sin. You listen to some man; me your preacher etc. and do not check them out from the word of God or they do not tell or teach you how to check them out it is on you.

2nd John 1:9Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. 10If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: 11For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

You are not to give them money you are not even to give them a greeting “God Bless You”.

Hope this all fits.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Verse 24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonor their own bodies between themselves:

They destroy each other. They destroy immune systems; they do all this by going against nature.

Verse 25.Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Who is the Creator Yahaveh the Living God. Who is this creature they most often worship. He has many names Satan, the devil, ETC. Whichever what ever you want to call him they would much rather follow him than God; and yet at the same time sing praises to God. It is not The living God not the God I serve are they singing to. God Himself says in 2nd Thessalonians chapter 2: And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness. If you want to go the way of perversion and this goes for the things of the flesh as well as the false doctrine taught in many “christian” churches. Do you thank God is happy with Pastors that lie, water down the truth just to butts in the seats and dollars in the plate? NO.

Verse 26.For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

Verse 27. And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

If you want to be distorted go right ahead. I bring forth Gods word as taught. I do not judge anybody but I am and as Christians we are responsible to teach God's word to teach you what keeps you in God's blessings and what will cause you to fall away. If you choose to go through the wide gate that leads to destruction, you go right ahead have a good trip. It is up to you, it is your choose go for it; But as a teacher or as I am a student of Gods word we are to let you know just what you are doing and what will happen if you keep going down that road.

Verse 28. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Has God ever told us of this before? I thank He has turn in your bible to Leviticus 20 starting at verse 13:If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them. We could also stay in the same book 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination. There are some churches out there that will say we need to recognize this. “God loves all his children” He does not love what they are doing! IT IS AN ABOMINATION! Lets keep going turn to Deuteronomy 23: 17 There shall be no whore of the daughters of Israel, nor a sodomite of the sons of Israel.

Verse 18. Thou shalt not bring the hire of a whore, or the price of a dog, into the house of the LORD thy God for any vow: for even both these are abomination unto the LORD thy God.

Dog here does not mean a dog like the animal but the term used for a male prostitute. Why? FOR EVEN BOTH OF THESE ARE AN OBOMINATION UNTO THE LORD THY GOD. You can not get up in church and sing Amazing Grace and partake in prevision. You are not going to receive Gods blessings if you do these things; or allow any other type of sin into your church or your life. This may sound very judgmental but it is not my words I am speaking. It is not my place to judge you I do not want any part of it but who am I to judge what you do. That is Gods job. Mine is point out what God says and then let you make up your own mind. If you chose to go down the the road which goes through the wide gate that is your choice. As for me I am going to take the rode which goes up to the narrow gate. I will still speak to you I will still respect you as long as you are not trying to drag other with you in your downfall. It is your choice; but when you bring it to the public square I am going to stand up against it and call it out.

Verse 29.Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers;

Whisperers are some of the worst I thank “did you hear about so and so or what he did or who she was out with last night . . .

Verse 30: Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

Proud, pride tht is what caused the war in heaven the first time. Satan got proud and wanted to set in the mercy seat. Ezekiel 28.

Verse 31. Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

Without understanding; If all you ever get or want is the milk and not the meat then you are in trouble.

Verse 32. Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

He who knows what is right is and fails to do it for him it is sin. You listen to some man; me your preacher etc. and do not check them out from the word of God or they do not tell or teach you how to check them out it is on you.

2nd John 1:9Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. 10If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: 11For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

You are not to give them money you are not even to give them a greeting “God Bless You”.

Hope this all fits.

You do realise that these people that Paul is talking about are born again and have turned away from God due to their fleshly nature.

If we cannot see ourselves fleshly natured selves in Paul's teaching in Romans 1, then maybe we are not as humble as we should be.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Where is your evidence for that?

Rom 1:19 & 21. The unregenerate person cannot discern the things of the Spirit, thinking them to be foolishness (1 Cor 2:14).

God is a spirit, his laws are spiritual laws of a spiritual God.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Rom 1:19 & 21. The unregenerate person cannot discern the things of the Spirit, thinking them to be foolishness (1 Cor 2:14).
Um, no, Romans 1:19 and 21 do not tell us that Paul is writing about believers. Here are verses 18 through 21:

18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened.

Verse 18 tells us who the people are: "those who suppress the truth by their wickedness". Verse 19 tells us that they knew God because He revealed Himself adequately to them that they may choose (Rom 1:20). Paul does not talk about revelatory knowledge of Christ (see Matthew 16:17). Verse 21 does not tell us who they are (as you claim) but rather tells what they did with the "common" knowledge of God.

1 Corinthians 2 tells us, " The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit."

One can have knowledge without acceptance of the truth behind it, and without understanding of it. The people Paul is describing to the Romans are those who rejected the common knowledge of God, not those who accepted Christ and later rejected Him. If Paul meant "fallen believers", he would have identified them clearly as such and exhorted them to repent.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Where is your evidence for that?
You wanted evidence that these men were born again and knew the truth.

Rom 1:18 -They hold (back) the TRUTH in unrighteousness, Rom 1:19 - The truth was manifest in them, because God had shown it unto them.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
1 Corinthians 2 tells us, " The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit."
Cannot understand spiritual things, they are foolishness unto him, NEITHER CAN HE KNOW THEM means NEITHER CAN HE ACCEPT THEM. It is not a good thing that so many of God's children refuse to give God credit for his grace, and try to interpret the scriptures to enable the unregenerate person be able to deliver himself by his own actions.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Cannot understand spiritual things, they are foolishness unto him, NEITHER CAN HE KNOW THEM means NEITHER CAN HE ACCEPT THEM. It is not a good thing that so many of God's children refuse to give God credit for his grace, and try to interpret the scriptures to enable the unregenerate person be able to deliver himself by his own actions.
I see no point in entertaining Calvinistic straw man arguments.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
You do realise that these people that Paul is talking about are born again and have turned away from God due to their fleshly nature.

If we cannot see ourselves fleshly natured selves in Paul's teaching in Romans 1, then maybe we are not as humble as we should be.
Paul is telling them how to be born again. He’s explaining the wockedness of mans heart and what happened after they ate the knowledge of good and evil

to be “ born again “ means you have changed from who you were to what God is making you to be in Christ

it’s literally a new beginning this doesn’t mean now we can go on in our old nature which you’ve covered but Paul goes on on the entire letter to preach how one can change from that nature by faith

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Paul is telling them how to be born again. He’s explaining the wockedness of mans heart and what happened after they ate the knowledge of good and evil

to be “ born again “ means you have changed from who you were to what God is making you to be in Christ

it’s literally a new beginning this doesn’t mean now we can go on in our old nature which you’ve covered but Paul goes on on the entire letter to preach how one can change from that nature by faith

Paul is telling us how sinful hat we still are, by our nature, even though we have already been born again (Rom 7:18-20).

Thewatchman

Jun 19, 2021
You wanted evidence that these men were born again and knew the truth.

Rom 1:18 -They hold (back) the TRUTH in unrighteousness, Rom 1:19 - The truth was manifest in them, because God had shown it unto them.
Showed it to them in nature. God leaves no man wanting if you want to know about God andwho He is just look at his creation.

Sep 13, 2022

Hope this all fits.
We live in an evil generation that has turned what is righteous into that which is evil and what is evil into that which is righteous. They turn things upside down, therefore stick with God's word and reject their false teachings and evil doings.

Thewatchman

Jun 19, 2021

OK you turn away from God go back to your fleshly nature and what is unnatural for man to do to a man you sin against God. That sin goes into the book of life and you will be judged by it. If you repent it is blotted out.

Franc254

Oct 7, 2022

I dont think these verse is only for born agains

Thewatchman

Jun 19, 2021
I dont think these verse is only for born agains
Does it matter if you are born again or still an unrepentant sinner. Sin is sin no matter who commits it. It separates you from God and until you confess it to Him ask for forgiveness and turn away from it you are separated from God.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
OK you turn away from God go back to your fleshly nature and what is unnatural for man to do to a man you sin against God. That sin goes into the book of life and you will be judged by it. If you repent it is blotted out.

God judges those that he choose and loves by chastening them as they sojourn here on earth, and at the last day, there will be no judgement for them, instead God will say enter into heaven, thou good and faithful servant

When God's children yield themselves to the lust of the world, they lose their fellowship with God, temporary, until they repent, because God will not fellowship sin, even turning his back on his Son, during that three hours of darkness when Jesus was on the cross bearing the sins of those that God gave him.