Russia Preparing for War.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 5, 2022
"A higher plane," hehe
www.youtube.com
They voted overwhelmingly for Crimea to belong to Russia ... they ARE Russian.

The media has lied about this.
I've heard a lot on both sides of this. I know one of Putin's goals is to unite Russian speaking peoples under the Russian flag. I've heard that the current government in Ukraine was set up with CIA/Western help. (Considering the CIA does this crap all the time, I believe it.)

What I don't know is who to believe in all this. The Russians are not pure as the driven snow. We have ulterior motives too.

What I think is going to happen is we are going to really tick the Russians off here, so when the coming civil war in America finally breaks, the Russians and their allies are going to take the chance to use their hypersonic weapons and nuke the USA.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
I've heard a lot on both sides of this. I know one of Putin's goals is to unite Russian speaking peoples under the Russian flag. I've heard that the current government in Ukraine was set up with CIA/Western help. (Considering the CIA does this crap all the time, I believe it.)

What I don't know is who to believe in all this. The Russians are not pure as the driven snow. We have ulterior motives too.

What I think is going to happen is we are going to really tick the Russians off here, so when the coming civil war in America finally breaks, the Russians and their allies are going to take the chance to use their hypersonic weapons and nuke the USA.
I do fear for America ...

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I've heard a lot on both sides of this. I know one of Putin's goals is to unite Russian speaking peoples under the Russian flag.
That's like Hitler's goal in annexing Austria and the Sudetenland (present-day Czech Republic): uniting German-speaking peoples.

Jan 5, 2022
"A higher plane," hehe
www.youtube.com
That's like Hitler's goal in annexing Austria and the Sudetenland (present-day Czech Republic): uniting German-speaking peoples.
I'll agree that it's not a good justification if those peoples don't want to participate. :)

Kind of like how I'm a secessionist. I do not consent.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
American public life is just as corrupt as it can be.

I'm not saying that Russia are the good guys incidentally, but I am saying that NATO is provoking Russia to war.
No...
Russia could actually be a great trading partner. They have a lot to offer the whole world. They have an educated workforce, technology, energy, groceries, fishing, metallurgy, and etc.

The transcontinental telecom lines tell the whole problem...there aren't any.

Nobody wants to invest time, money, or resources in Russia because of the graft and corruption. And Russia can't do it themselves either. Their total lack of transparency (which covers up the vast amounts of corruption) is a major cause.

So to say that Europe and NATO is trying to provoke a war is as ludicrous as claiming Yasser Arafat wanted peace his whole life.

No, it's more like Russia and it's corruption is causing isolationist policies and poverty and the trade of the neighbors is growing so large that it's encroaching on Russian isolationism.
But at the moment Russia prefers the corruption to free market economy.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
I've been to former Soviet block nations...

And the moment you cross the place where the old iron curtain existed the change is dramatic and Stark.

On the EU side lots of power lines and infrastructure...but then you cross the line and the infrastructure evaporated. The farm equipment instantly ages 50 years as well.

It doesn't have to be that way either.

Jan 5, 2022
"A higher plane," hehe
www.youtube.com
No...
Russia could actually be a great trading partner. They have a lot to offer the whole world. They have an educated workforce, technology, energy, groceries, fishing, metallurgy, and etc.

Nobody wants to invest time, money, or resources in Russia because of the graft and corruption. And Russia can't do it themselves either. Their total lack of transparency (which covers up the vast amounts of corruption) is a major cause.

So to say that Europe and NATO is trying to provoke a war is as ludicrous as claiming Yasser Arafat wanted peace his whole life.

No, it's more like Russia and it's corruption is causing isolationist policies and poverty and the trade of the neighbors is growing so large that it's encroaching on Russian isolationism.
You've highlighted the great rift between the East and the West. This is exactly one of the things the Mystery Babylon prophecies discuss.

Daniel 7 talks about the second great world superpower: the ravenous bear which will exemplify military conquest during its time of dominance.

How will the bear rise? A civil war in Mystery Babylon (America) will make her vulnerable to a sudden all out nuclear attack by a coalition of Eastern powers. America will be destroyed in just one day.

Having demonstrated her will to use hypersonic nuclear weapons, Russia will become the premiere world power for a time. The United States, which kept Russia bottled up, will be gone. The world's great "democracies" will become a prey to Russia. (I believe this is the three ribs: Britain, Australia, Canada)

Marilyn

Jul 27, 2021
You've highlighted the great rift between the East and the West. This is exactly one of the things the Mystery Babylon prophecies discuss.

Daniel 7 talks about the second great world superpower: the ravenous bear which will exemplify military conquest during its time of dominance.

How will the bear rise? A civil war in Mystery Babylon (America) will make her vulnerable to a sudden all out nuclear attack by a coalition of Eastern powers. America will be destroyed in just one day.

Having demonstrated her will to use hypersonic nuclear weapons, Russia will become the premiere world power for a time. The United States, which kept Russia bottled up, will be gone. The world's great "democracies" will become a prey to Russia. (I believe this is the three ribs: Britain, Australia, Canada)
Hi JStates,

Some interesting thoughts there. I do agree with you regarding the `Bear` of Dan. 7, being the Soviets and now Russia and pals.

However I see that God will put hooks in Russia`s jaws and bring them down to Israel for judgment. Thus with Russia & Iran`s armies gone there will be a power vacuum in the Middle East and guess which Middle Eastern power will then arise to its full potential under the A/C?

Jan 5, 2022
"A higher plane," hehe
www.youtube.com
Hi JStates,

Some interesting thoughts there. I do agree with you regarding the `Bear` of Dan. 7, being the Soviets and now Russia and pals.

However I see that God will put hooks in Russia`s jaws and bring them down to Israel for judgment. Thus with Russia & Iran`s armies gone there will be a power vacuum in the Middle East and guess which Middle Eastern power will then arise to its full potential under the A/C?
I'm not going to try to guess the exact nation, as I believe these things are too far off to pinpoint precisely. The specific answer might be in Biblical prophecy somewhere, though I'm not familiar with it at present. I'm more interested in the things that apply to my own times.

I think you are possibly correct about how Russia will fall. Daniel 7 lists the four final superpowers before the end of history. Revelation talks about the Whore riding the beast, but the beast turning and burning her with fire and devouring her. Put these together, and I think we come to the reasonable conclusion that the coalition of eastern powers - headed by Russia - which destroys the United States will eventually BECOME the terrible beast kingdom of the Antichrist.

So it would seem in Daniel 7:

Lion with eagles' wings (Mystery Babylon/America) -> nuclear destruction by Russia and her allies
Ravenous bear (Russia) -> possible destruction during Ezekiel war
Winged leopard (unknown member of Russia's eastern coalition, most likely) -> ends via Antichrist's treachery?
Terrible beast kingdom (Antichrist's kingdom) -> destroyed by Jesus Christ

Of course, I could be wrong about all of it. ;)

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
The United States, which kept Russia bottled up, will be gone. T
Nobody has tried to keep Russia "Bottled up" economically. Just the opposite.
Russia is keeping everyone away with their corrupt oligarchies. Nobody wants to deal with them because of the huge amount of corruption.

If you invested a million dollars in buildings, equipment, and infrastructure it will evaporate into a burned out building and missing equipment...can't go to the police because one of the few employees will tell you they were one of the ones loading the equipment on a truck.

So no, this is ALL Russia and their doings. Nobody has done anything to Russia...they have done it to themselves.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
No...

you just believe what the media tell you

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
you just believe what the media tell you
Not even close to the truth.

I have visited and been. Talked with the people that live there. Still in touch with many.

However....your OPINION does seem to be in lock step with a particular group...but they are political extremist and activists stirring up most of the problems.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
So no, this is ALL Russia and their doings. Nobody has done anything to Russia...they have done it to themselves.
Or more precisely the Russian kleptocracy has done this to the Russian people. Russia could have been one of the leading nations of the world, but the men at the top were never content to improve the lot of their own countrymen. Ever since the Tsars, the general population was deemed to be serfs, and all the Communist BS made no difference. And Putin has continued with that tradition.

Diakonos

Jan 19, 2019
Anacortes, WA
That verse says nothing about Russia.
He is saying "Russia" because Magog is associated with the Scythians of the north who lived in the area of present-day Turkey and south-central Russia.
I don't buy the idea that Ezekiel was writing about a period 2500 years in the future.
Ezekiel wrote 8 chapters about the temple and activities during the Millenium. So it's not far-fetched to say that Ezekiel wrote about events that introduce the tribulation, especially since that chronology is consistent in Ezekiel and Revelation.

Do you believe the Gog Magog invasion (Ezk 38-39) was already fulfilled or yet to happen?

Jan 7, 2022
Crimean Tatars -- who were a majority at one time -- were deported to Siberia and Central Asia by the Soviets (along with Greeks and Bulgarians), but are now coming back. And they certainly would not vote for Crimea to belong to Russia. Furthermore there at least another 10 ethnic groups in Crimea, and they do not care for the Russians either.

The real issue is this: Why is Russia not content to look after itself and its citizens? Why is it constantly interfering in the affairs of other countries and trying to subvert other governments? The Russians have shown themselves to be a gang of thugs and bullies from way back. And the only thing Russia understand is force. Unfortunately, NATO has proved itself to be toothless, so Putin does as he pleases and gets away with it.
Why is the United States content to look after our own citizens? The new Babylon is America, you need to wake up!

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Why is the United States content to look after our own citizens? The new Babylon is America, you need to wake up!
The discussion is not about the USA, but you are right. Migrant invaders -- illegally in the country by the millions -- are getting royal treatment and are exempt from any and all laws and regulations, while actual citizens are being locked up in a Gulag for legitimately protesting against election fraud.

O

Omegatime

If you are speaking of mystery Babylon, this is taking place during the reign of the antichrist and Babylon represents a city.

Rev. 17:18 And the woman that you saw is the great city which has dominion over the kings of the earth.”

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
He is saying "Russia" because Magog is associated with the Scythians of the north who lived in the area of present-day Turkey and south-central Russia.

Ezekiel wrote 8 chapters about the temple and activities during the Millenium. So it's not far-fetched to say that Ezekiel wrote about events that introduce the tribulation, especially since that chronology is consistent in Ezekiel and Revelation.

Do you believe the Gog Magog invasion (Ezk 38-39) was already fulfilled or yet to happen?
Already fulfilled.