Sabbath or Sunday which one is for the true followers of Chirst?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 2, 2013
528
6
0
The OT law, including remembering the Sabbath, was only given to Jews to keep, Deut 5, no one else. So it is not a law given to nor binding upon Christians/the NT church. When Christ was alive upon earth, that OT law was still in effect and Christ kept that law perfectly including keeping the Sabbath Day. Yet upon Christ's death, He took the OT law out of the way making it in active, of no effect replacing that OT law with His NT law (Col 2:14; Heb 9:16ff; Heb 10:9; Heb 7:12) where the church/Christians were brought together on the first day of the week, Act 20:7.

God blessed the first Sabbath after the creation of the world etc. Adam and Eve already knew that the Sabbath was made to rest on as God did. Although there were no written law, mankind knew about the law of God as they realized that they sinned after eating of the forbidden fruit, without a written law. Satan just knew how to use God's Word to twist statements to influence mankind. The Sabbath is very special to God and that is why He made it part of His Commandments. Do you think for one moment that God would make a law just to change His mind later on. I honestly doubt it as God do not make mistakes. If you want to scrap the Sabbath law, which also shows your love towards God when you do hold it, you may as well scrap all the other commandments. The only reason why the Sabbath is such a big issue is that Satan got it right to convince the churches to teach Sunday worshiping which is held by most people today. The whole world is ignoring God's Sabbath and I do not think God is excited about this fact. It is just so sad to see how many people would defend Satan's teaching and do everything in their power to attack the Sabbath followers and to try and attach all sorts of judgement tags etc onto them because they are trying to convey the Truth to those who do not follow God's laws intentionally or non-intentionally. If we do find that something is being said on this site or anywhere else that does not gel with our beliefs, we need to sit back and wonder why. Is is not God that is talking indirectly to you. Somebody once said to me, 'when God show me that I must hold the Sabbath, then I will do so.' I told her that the Bible contains that instruction, what else does she want. She could not answer me as she knew I was right. We need to ask why is the Sunday, a man-made law, being held and not the Sabbath and what was the reason for the change. If the laws were made just for the Jews, then adultery, stealing etc would be ok in this world today, as that is also part of God's Commandments. Maybe that is what is happening in the world today, they all see that the Law of God is not important anymore and guess what, Satan enjoys every moment of it because he has all these people in his corner. We are definitely in the end of times as people would hear but do not hear, they will see but not see. I would rather follow God to the best of my ability and pray that God will accept it and provide me the strength to do so, and to give me more light where I need it, so that I may be in His Kingdom one day. My life on this earth is short in comparison with what I can have with Him. I also would not like to be burnt with fire and brimstone because that is how Satan and his followers will be destroyed. I do not worry if I am not popular amongst people, friends and family for spreading the Truth as my goal is to be with God one day. Do you think that Jesus Christ was popular amongst His people? No, He was not and that is why He was crucified. He spread the Truth and the people around Him did not believe Him and did not like what He said. They spat on Him, cursed Him, bruised Him and eventually, killed Him. At the end of the day, Jesus even prayed for them asking God to forgive them because they did not know what they were doing. I am proud of keeping the Sabbath, as the Sabbath was given to me to enjoy and to remind me who the true God is. When I became a child of God and accepted Jesus Christ as the Son of God in my life, the Law was written on my heart and mind, and I enjoy living out the Commandments and it is not difficult to do so. I am that one step closer to God as I am doing what He has commanded me to do to the best of my ability, and I do not do it because I am forced to do it. I also do not judge people when I spread the Truth but have a mere desire that everyone in this world be saved one day.