Sabbath

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
DiscipleDave reminds me of Jim Jones where the term kool-aid took on a bad new meaning!!! He has been given a message from God!!!

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
Matthew 12

9And when he was departed thence, he went into their synagogue: 10And, behold, there was a man which had his hand withered. And they asked him, saying, Is it lawful to heal on the sabbath days? that they might accuse him. 11And he said unto them, What man shall there be among you, that shall have one sheep, and if it fall into a pit on the sabbath day, will he not lay hold on it, and lift it out? 12How much then is a man better than a sheep? Wherefore it is lawful to do well on the sabbath days. 13Then saith he to the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it forth; and it was restored whole, like as the other. 14Then the Pharisees went out, and held a council against him, how they might destroy him.

Thank Our Gracious Lord for our freedom through His Victory.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Two powerfully important texts to always keep in mind from my morning reading, and applicable here if given thought.

2Pe 3:18 But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and for ever. Amen

Jud 1:4 For there are certain men crept in privily, even they who were of old written of beforehand unto this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.

DiscipleDave

Sep 4, 2012
You know the truth with the theologians that for centuries have worked on the issue and have developed the 4 eschatologyical views are wrong. Do you bother to think how that sounds?? "I'm right. The world is wrong." To me that sounds like a delusional ego maniac. I have heard too many say things like that and their predictions flamed out with what happened.
i am wrong, you are wrong, they are wrong. God is right.

^i^

††† In His Holy and Precious Name, Jesus Christ †††

DiscipleDave

DiscipleDave

Sep 4, 2012
DiscipleDave reminds me of Jim Jones where the term kool-aid took on a bad new meaning!!! He has been given a message from God!!!
Many people are given messages from God. He is our Father and we are His children.
Didn't Jim Jones teach things that are contrary to Scriptures? Then what he taught is not from God now is it.
Anyone who teaching something saying it is from God and it contradicts Scriptures is not from God but from satan.
Scriptures teach to try the spirits. How? By the Word of God is how. If someone says something is from God and it contradicts Scriptures then that is not a word from God but a word from satan. Try to understand that.

^i^

DiscipleDave

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
i am wrong, you are wrong, they are wrong. God is right.

^i^

DiscipleDave
You kept saying that you had the end times absolutely perfect since an angel from God told you. Since john wrote Revelation there has been no credible angel visitation from one. Nuff said!!!

DiscipleDave

Sep 4, 2012
You kept saying that you had the end times absolutely perfect since an angel from God told you. Since john wrote Revelation there has been no credible angel visitation from one. Nuff said!!!
lol. you keep hearing what you THINK you are hearing. But i have said over and over and over again, it was not an Angel that i conversed with. But is God. i have had conversations with God about end time events and what is going to happen, NOT with Angels. i have now told you this 5 times, and will you hear it this time? If you did not hear the second time, third time, fourth time, then it is not likely you can hear it the fifth time.

lol. just because you deem something "not credible" does not mean it is not credible. Nuff said!!!

^i^

DiscipleDave

Last edited:

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
Have a Blessed Sabbath in GOD’s Grace my friends.

All said and done we each have our time here of abiding and all Praise and Thanks to our Heavenly Father and our Lord and Saviour for our Liberty in Christ.

To remember the Sabbath is not a fall from Grace.. it is because of GOD’s Grace you are free to do so!

Jun 5, 2017
Have a Blessed Sabbath in GOD’s Grace my friends.

All said and done we each have our time here of abiding and all Praise and Thanks to our Heavenly Father and our Lord and Saviour for our Liberty in Christ.

To remember the Sabbath is not a fall from Grace.. it is because of GOD’s Grace you are free to do so!
INDEED! Hi sis LM1, we missed you hope you are well and having a great and blessed Sabbath as well! Many forget that GRACE is for OBEDIENCE to the FAITH and is NOT a liscence to SIN (break God's Commandments) Romans 1:5.

God's Blessings hope to see more of you. Is everything ok? You have been quite lately.

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
lol. you keep hearing what you THINK you are hearing. But i have said over and over and over again, it was not an Angel that i conversed with. But is God. i have had conversations with God about end time events and what is going to happen, NOT with Angels. i have now told you this 5 times, and will you hear it this time? If you did not hear the second time, third time, fourth time, then it is not likely you can hear it the fifth time.

lol. just because you deem something "not credible" does not mean it is not credible. Nuff said!!!

^i^

DiscipleDave
At this point your time of prophecy has come and gone. As I suggested you were deluded. I saw too many people making these kind of prophecies to fall for another one. What now DiscipleDave???

DiscipleDave

Sep 4, 2012
At this point your time of prophecy has come and gone. As I suggested you were deluded. I saw too many people making these kind of prophecies to fall for another one. What now DiscipleDave???
None of the prophecies that God has revealed to me has come to pass yet. So i do not know why you are saying they have come and gone already. How can i be deluded if none of the prophecies God told me has come to pass yet. If in the future when all the prophecies are foretold to happen, does not come to pass only then can it be said that i was deluded.

For example: God told me that the Holy City Jerusalem will come down when Jesus Returns to reign over all the kingdoms of the Earth. If Jesus then Returns to the Earth to reign over all the kingdoms of the Earth and the Holy City Jerusalem does NOT come down with Him, then it could be said my prophecy is deluded.

Another hypothetical example would be: IF i foretold that an asteroid is going to hit the Earth Jan 19, 2019 (hypothetical!!) How can you say i am deluded? It will only be AFTER Jan 19, 2019 and the asteroid did not hit the Earth, that you can say accurately "you were deluded"

None of the prophecies that God told me is going to happen have not yet occurred. They are what is yet to come.

^i^

DiscipleDave

Mar 28, 2016
None of the prophecies that God has revealed to me has come to pass yet. So i do not know why you are saying they have come and gone already. How can i be deluded if none of the prophecies God told me has come to pass yet. If in the future when all the prophecies are foretold to happen, does not come to pass only then can it be said that i was deluded.

For example: God told me that the Holy City Jerusalem will come down when Jesus Returns to reign over all the kingdoms of the Earth. If Jesus then Returns to the Earth to reign over all the kingdoms of the Earth and the Holy City Jerusalem does NOT come down with Him, then it could be said my prophecy is deluded.

Another hypothetical example would be: IF i foretold that an asteroid is going to hit the Earth Jan 19, 2019 (hypothetical!!) How can you say i am deluded? It will only be AFTER Jan 19, 2019 and the asteroid did not hit the Earth, that you can say accurately "you were deluded"

None of the prophecies that God told me is going to happen have not yet occurred. They are what is yet to come.

^i^

DiscipleDave
God is no longer brining any new prophecies as revelations for over two thousand years . We have the perfect(complete ) with no laws missing by which we could know Him more adequately.

In the context of the perfect he warns of those who seek after a sign before they will believe calling them a evil generation( natural unconverted man) therefore opening the sealed air way .

The father of lies as the one spirit of the antichrists (many men)) will be trying to deceive men all the way to the end by giving them the illusion God has violated his own warning to not add or subtract now that we do have the perfect and not in part. God will send them a string delusion to confirm they have went above that which is written

And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.2 Thessaloniains2:8-10

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017

^i^

DiscipleDave
Very simple!! You gave a specific timeline that has passed. I waited until that happened to post this. In ancient Israel you would be killed for that failure. A prophet of God is always 100% accurate or they were killed.

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
Hi, I am trying to keep God's Holy day in the correct way, I do not go to a church because there are only two churches in the village in which I live and although I have been asked to join one of them, they do not keep God's Holy day on a Saturday.

I wondered if any one else have the same problem, and if so what you do.
Greetings June123,

I am sorry for your situation. But I would like to remind you that, believers are not saved by keeping the Sabbath on a specific day, or by attempting to keep the ten commandments or by keeping any of the other God-given laws to Moses and Israel. We are saved by grace through faith and this not by our own doing. It is the gift of God not by works. Or I like the way that the NLT translates it:

"God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it. " Ephesians 2:8

We are saved by trusting in Christ as the One who provided salvation for us, completely and fully. There is nothing that we can nor need to add to the salvation that the Lord has already provided. Once someone brings in their own works along side of the Lord's sacrifice, it is like saying to the Lord "your sacrifice is in sufficient." Regarding this issue, Paul said the following:

"In the same way, some think one day is more holy than another day, while others think every day is alike. You should each be fully convinced that whichever day you choose is acceptable. Those who worship the Lord on a special day do it to honor him." And I would add, those who believe every day as being holy also do so to honor the Lord. Therefore, whether one worships the Lord on Saturday or on any other day of the week or every day of the week, is honoring God.

Worshiping the Lord on a specific day does not affect a believers salvation. However, if anyone is trusting in the keeping of the Sabbath as a requirement for salvation or trusting in anything else, this will affect ones salvation, because they would be trusting in their own works and not on Christ's finished work.

We are not saved by observing the works of the law or by any of our own works. Should we be zealous for good works? Most definitely! But not to earn or maintain salvation, but to glorify God. And by doing good works the Lord also said that we are building up our treasures in heaven. Salvation has already been taken care of, with our part continuing in faith from beginning to end.

Always keep in mind that you are saved by grace through faith and not by your own works. Salvation is the gift of God through faith in His Son who shed His blood for you. Anyone who trusts in anything else is not truly trusting in the Lord's sacrifice.

Therefore, my advise to you is that, regardless of what day a congregation meets to worship the Lord, do so with a clear conscious knowing that regardless of what day you are worshiping the Lord on, that you are still worshiping Him and accepts it.

Now when it comes to false teachings such as preterism or amillennialism or those teaching that we are saved by observing the Law of Moses or the need to keep a certain day for the Sabbath, this is when you should be concerned and go elsewhere, because they are ignoring the plain teachings of scripture. And the only way that you can know the truth is to study God's word so that you can know who is speaking the truth and who is speaking a lie.

I hope that this information is beneficial to you.

Sojourney

Jul 28, 2018
Mark 2 discussion shows the Sabbath for man, and not man for the Sabbath Jesus shows the true purpose of the Sabbath as a right, not as a required performance. Man is not to perform for the Sabbath, but the Sabbath has a performance for man. That rest is characterized for man as the Sabbath. Jesus defend the the apostles He called and us at the time before He paid our price on the cross and before ceremonial laws had been changed therefore. As you can see in this passage in Mark. 2, And it came to pass, that he went through the corn fields on the sabbath day; and his disciples began, as they went, to pluck the ears of corn. And the Pharisees said unto him, Behold, why do they on the sabbath day that which is not lawful? And he said unto them, Have ye never read what David did, when he had need, and was an hungred, he, and they that were with him? How he went into the house of God in the days of Abiathar the high priest, and did eat the showbread, which is not lawful to eat but for the priests, and gave also to them which were with him? And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath: Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.

DiscipleDave

Sep 4, 2012
Very simple!! You gave a specific timeline that has passed. I waited until that happened to post this. In ancient Israel you would be killed for that failure. A prophet of God is always 100% accurate or they were killed.
lol. you are most certainly thinking of that other guy, who made some prophecies. i have not given any specific timeline as you are accusing me of. Even if i asked you to show me where i have done this, you would NOT be able to do so, because i didn't do that. You do error thinking i gave any specific timeline. Everything i prophecy and God told me, is yet to come, yet to happen.

^i^

DiscipleDave

DiscipleDave

Sep 4, 2012
God is no longer brining any new prophecies as revelations for over two thousand years .
And what is your Scriptural basis for the above doctrine? Oh, wait, there isn't any is there? That is something that you merely believe based on interpretations that came from men. Else show the Scriptures that teach what you are saying here.

God is the same yesterday, today, and forever. He spoke with his prophets in the past, he speaks with His prophets today, and He will continue to speak to His prophets in the future, until which time Jesus Christ is present on Earth in His Physical Glorified Body to rule over the Earth, only then will there be no need for His prophets.

You do greatly error teaching doctrines of men, to back up your own beliefs.

^i^

DiscipleDave

stillness

Jan 28, 2013
Walk trough the valley
What about a man who attends church functions 6 days a week and rests on the 7. But we have died with Christ and the law can not raise us from the dead. Neither does the Law make us righteous, the prostitutes and sinners enter in before the self righteous. They readily aware of their need of Grace.

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
It is obvious Deciple Dave has issues. I've heard prophecies like his for over 55 years. Just another wannabe prophet.

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
Hi, I am trying to keep God's Holy day in the correct way, I do not go to a church because there are only two churches in the village in which I live and although I have been asked to join one of them, they do not keep God's Holy day on a Saturday.

I wondered if any one else have the same problem, and if so what you do.
God's sabbath in my reading denotes sundown on Friday to sundown Saturday are the hours of sabbath.
I don't know where you are but in the states many businesses accommodate a person's religious holy day request for day off. It normally should not be an issue for the Friday sunset start time. Many people work the hours of 9A.M to 5p.m. Asking then for Saturday off as a personal sabbath day I wouldn't think provides a problem.

I think whatever day a member of Christ's body feels called to spend time in spiritual contemplation is their ideal. The sabbath is for us , an opportunity and gift to be at one with God and not distracted by the world. sundown F/S or Sunday shouldn't be an issue when the sabbath is made for us.
God knows enough has been done to confuse the days issue due to prior generations defining precise day(s) and time. He knows the sincere heart that enters sabbath rest. I think that is what should matter really.