Sabbath

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

7seasrekeyed

If we do not share the Truth from God, we do not love as we are commanded to do, not that we need the command after having received the Holy Spirit within. Please read the post again. There is nothng haughty in it, simply a reply sharing what is considered given in the Spirit.
maybe you should post again

and reword your post cause it sounds like the kind of answer I gave it

I didn't use the word haughty either so why do you?

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
then you don't understand what you're reading.

see previous post.

WE have a week of seven days created by the Word which became Flesh. I can see which day is the 7th on my calendar. I trust that God can keep His Days preserved by man, wicked or not. "And the Earth helped the women". I want to make more money on this day. I want to fish on this day, golf on this day. I want to treat this day the same as I treat every day, and do as I please. But the Word which became Flesh, who has purchased me by His Blood, gave me instruction that this day IS NOT like the other 6 days. That I am to treat this day differently because HE separated this day and made this day Holy, and He did this for me.

Now this same Word which became Flesh, also said that if I follow His instructions, He will reveal Himself to me, and will ask His Father to give me understanding of His Word.

He also gave me volumes of examples of the consequences of refusing to accept His version of Holy, His instructions etc., and create my own as religious man has done since the beginning.

In every case, those who rejected His instructions, add to them, or take away from them, are plagued with deception. They live in belief of things which are not true. They still want immortality, and are convinced they have found it, but as Jesus said, "They worship Him in vain".

The Mainstream Preachers of Christ's time refused to accept God's instructions choosing instead to create their own which was a mixture of God's Word and their own religious perspective. In doing this they were cursed, as promised, and God withheld His Truth from them.

Todays religious man, in like manner, have also created their own instructions which include parts of God's Words, and parts of their own religious reasoning. (Surely we shall not die)

In my view, this is why the Pharisees taught the lie that it was against God's Laws to take a walk on His Sabbath in fellowship with Him, and pick and eat a raspberry or ear of corn.

And I believe this is why you can truly believe in and teach the lie that the Pharisees were trying to earn salvation by following God's Laws when Jesus told you flat out they were not.

So your question is founded on a false belief about God in the first place. And as a result you will believe things about God that are not true, just as the examples God had written for our admonition believed things about God that are not true. You are free to consider yourself above this God and His warnings, but I don't believe I am.

This is why Jesus said "Beware of the Leaven of the Pharisees" who were the mainstream preachers of His time. A little of their false doctrine, if held as foundational truth, leavens the whole lump. As Paul said;

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

I am sure you can find all manner of men in THEIR history who will justify men's religious tradition of rejecting God's Sabbaths.

And as the serpent, they will use parts of God's Words and sound very reasonable. As for me, though I am nothing more than a maggot turd, I trusted Him and His Works over mine and the religions traditions and doctrines of the religions of the land. And my perspective changed, my understanding changed. I can attribute this change to Him and His Promises, the only thing I did was believe Him enough to do as He instructed.

I think it is a mistake, and against the teaching of the Bible to seek out men like Philo or Wesley, or Calvin or the Pope to find the truth about God. Had Eve just refused to listen to the "other voices", like Abraham, things would have been different.

Rom. 12:
1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
2 And be not conformed to this world (religions) but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

I think you are making a mistake placing your trust in religious man like Philo.

Heb. 12:
1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

I asked the question: "What if God is smart enough to keep His weeks and years available to man"? Surely something to consider.

beta

Aug 8, 2016
There was lots of councils on issues called, which one ?

The Sabbath was changed to sunday.

The Passover [on 14th of Gods cal.]was replaced by Easter.
The deity of Christ was changed.
The calender was changed to a popes.
The modern holydays the world keeps where made.
The oracles of God where rejected and banned.
-

We have a warning in the bible that this would happen. Daniel 7:24-25.
Here God is talking about the “little horn,” the Catholic Church.

“And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall
wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws:

and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.”

Lets start with The Catholic Calendar

One dramatic measure of the Catholic religion’s global influence is its control over the definition
and measurement of time itself. Even today, though the presence of Catholicism doesn’t seem as
ubiquitous as it once was, we continue to live by a calendar largely created by the popes of old:

the Gregorian calendar—named after Pope Gregory xiii. That calendar revolves around fixing
the date of Easter in line with the spring equinox, ensuring that the Catholic’s pagan festivals
fall at the right time relative to Earth’s revolution around the sun.

This calendar is based on the Julian calendar, the Roman calendar established in 45 b.c. by Julius
Caesar. He chose the names and lengths of the months that we still use today (except July and
August, which were renamed after Julius and Augustus). But the Julian calendar was later altered
by the Vatican. God actually prophesied that the Catholic Church would change time itself!

What is the Catholic Church’s motive for changing the way mankind measures time?
It is an attempt to destroy—by removing from mankind’s memory—the knowledge
about God’s true holy days and the Sabbath.

the Roman Catholic Church have their own version of the Ten Com.
http://www.the-ten-commandments.org/catholic_church_idolatry.html
they deleted the second Commandment and changed God's Sabbath to Sunday
and split the tenth Commandment into two to get back to Ten Commandments
-

The following from the Catholic Encyclopaedia Vol. 4, p. 153 also confirms the deletion
of the second Commandment and the change of the fourth. “The church, after changing
the day of rest from the Jewish Sabbath of the seventh day of the week to the first made
the third commandment refer to Sunday as the day to be kept holy as the Lord's Day.”

-
In 1562 the Archbishop declared that tradition now stood above scripture.

“The authority of the Church is illustrated most clearly by the scriptures, for on one hand
she recommends them, declares them to be divine, and offers them to us to be read, and
on the other hand, the legal precepts in the scriptures taught by the Lord have ceased by
virtue of the same authority.

The Sabbath, the most glorious day in the law, has been changed into the Lord's day.

-
Ancient Rome’s pagan holidays have been chained on this current world.
These include certain annual holidays—Christmas, New Year’s, Easter,
as well as many more, every one a pagan day—every one used to stimulate
the sale of merchandise in the commercial markets. Any earnest seeker after
truth learns that these days are all of heathen origin and pagan significance.

The first half of verse 25 provides the answer: It is an attempt to destroy—
by removing from mankind’s memory—the knowledge about God’s true
holy days and the Sabbath.
Good Post, thank you PA !

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
care to answer the question from post #98?
I addressed what the Council of Nicea was convened for and the Council of Laodicea (AD 365) that outlawed the true seventh-day sabbath (sunset Friday to sunset Saturday).

I don't know what other event you are talking about, but I figure it must be Constantine's vision of 312 "En Hoc Signo Vinces." Or maybe the Edict of Milan in 313 that gave Christians the right to practice.

coffee-animated-emoji.gif

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
WE have a week of seven days created by the Word which became Flesh. I can see which day is the 7th on my calendar. I trust that God can keep His Days preserved by man, wicked or not. "And the Earth helped the women". I want to make more money on this day. I want to fish on this day, golf on this day. I want to treat this day the same as I treat every day, and do as I please. But the Word which became Flesh, who has purchased me by His Blood, gave me instruction that this day IS NOT like the other 6 days. That I am to treat this day differently because HE separated this day and made this day Holy, and He did this for me.

Now this same Word which became Flesh, also said that if I follow His instructions, He will reveal Himself to me, and will ask His Father to give me understanding of His Word.

He also gave me volumes of examples of the consequences of refusing to accept His version of Holy, His instructions etc., and create my own as religious man has done since the beginning.

In every case, those who rejected His instructions, add to them, or take away from them, are plagued with deception. They live in belief of things which are not true. They still want immortality, and are convinced they have found it, but as Jesus said, "They worship Him in vain".

The Mainstream Preachers of Christ's time refused to accept God's instructions choosing instead to create their own which was a mixture of God's Word and their own religious perspective. In doing this they were cursed, as promised, and God withheld His Truth from them.

Todays religious man, in like manner, have also created their own instructions which include parts of God's Words, and parts of their own religious reasoning. (Surely we shall not die)

In my view, this is why the Pharisees taught the lie that it was against God's Laws to take a walk on His Sabbath in fellowship with Him, and pick and eat a raspberry or ear of corn.

And I believe this is why you can truly believe in and teach the lie that the Pharisees were trying to earn salvation by following God's Laws when Jesus told you flat out they were not.

So your question is founded on a false belief about God in the first place. And as a result you will believe things about God that are not true, just as the examples God had written for our admonition believed things about God that are not true. You are free to consider yourself above this God and His warnings, but I don't believe I am.

This is why Jesus said "Beware of the Leaven of the Pharisees" who were the mainstream preachers of His time. A little of their false doctrine, if held as foundational truth, leavens the whole lump. As Paul said;

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

I am sure you can find all manner of men in THEIR history who will justify men's religious tradition of rejecting God's Sabbaths.

And as the serpent, they will use parts of God's Words and sound very reasonable. As for me, though I am nothing more than a maggot turd, I trusted Him and His Works over mine and the religions traditions and doctrines of the religions of the land. And my perspective changed, my understanding changed. I can attribute this change to Him and His Promises, the only thing I did was believe Him enough to do as He instructed.

I think it is a mistake, and against the teaching of the Bible to seek out men like Philo or Wesley, or Calvin or the Pope to find the truth about God. Had Eve just refused to listen to the "other voices", like Abraham, things would have been different.

Rom. 12:
1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
2 And be not conformed to this world (religions) but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

I think you are making a mistake placing your trust in religious man like Philo.

Heb. 12:
1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

I asked the question: "What if God is smart enough to keep His weeks and years available to man"? Surely something to consider.

2fa12p.jpg

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
why answer this if you don't know what I'm referring to? that's puzzling

I think you know what someone who insists Saturday is the lawful day for worship is called

sorry...I'm not getting lost in the forest of your words and labels define so whether you like it or not....

would you refuse to be called Christian?
You have made mention of a named doctrine.........if it means what the name seems to indicate I answered and that well.........but, if I have misunderstood you may give an explication. Keeping it simple of course.

beta

Aug 8, 2016

Rom. 12:

Heb. 12:

Well said Studyman and thank you !

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
I can see which day is the 7th on my calendar.
i've been asking whether you're looking at the right calendar.

i gather you're talking about a man-made Julain calendar.
that's great for keeping coordinated with human-kind, but is that the one the scripture uses for counting appointed days?

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
I addressed what the Council of Nicea was convened for and the Council of Laodicea (AD 365) that outlawed the true seventh-day sabbath (sunset Friday to sunset Saturday).

I don't know what other event you are talking about, but I figure it must be Constantine's vision of 312 "En Hoc Signo Vinces." Or maybe the Edict of Milan in 313 that gave Christians the right to practice.

View attachment 186182
yes, " in this sign conquer " was the other event.

but, since, you seem not to know. i'll help you out-

the council of Nicaea was called to settle a dispute between Constantine and arius of Alexandria , the dispute being was Jesus born a man , then became divine, or was he born divine.

so, hate to break it you conspiracy theorists, the council was not called to worship the sun God, or make Christanity pagan.

and, their is plenty of N.T. Scripture that Christ followers meet on the first day of the week.

I know you all think Christ rose on the Sabbath, but sorry, wrong , " at dawn on the first day of the week."

the greek word dawn means- dawn. sunup.

sorry to burst your bubble with truth, but you will probably dismiss this as a catholic conspiracy to ruin Christianty, as your group does with everything that proves your Sabbath hoax to be hoax.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Well said Studyman and thank you !
uh huh he ((once again)) completely skipped my question and went straight to blaming pharisees for all conceivable evil. 'well said' i guess??? well that's you're opinion.

what about whether you should regret or be thankful for and rejoice in doing what God sets before you to do on a certain day tho?
what e'er the day, what e'er the work?

7seasrekeyed

You have made mention of a named doctrine.........if it means what the name seems to indicate I answered and that well.........but, if I have misunderstood you may give an explication. Keeping it simple of course.

if you don't beat around the bush while saying you don't....:(

if there is one thing that confirms what I might already be thinking about what someone is saying, that would be when that same someone cannot answer with a straight answer

more games in a thread like this then a track and field meet

evasive and non-specific...like 'oh I am so innocent I cannot imagine what you could possibly be saying'

blah

not merchandise I buy

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
i've been asking whether you're looking at the right calendar.

i gather you're talking about a man-made Julain calendar.
that's great for keeping coordinated with human-kind, but is that the one the scripture uses for counting appointed days?
Julian, Philo, the Historical Channel, It seems foolish for man to place their trust in these over God.

You have zero Biblical proof that the 7th day of our calendar is any different than the Sabbath He healed a man on, that He said was made for man.

Besides, there is no evidence in your posts that it would matter to man anyway. Even if they are shown that the Pharisees were not obeying God's instructions for salvation, or even if they have been shown that Saturday is indeed, the Sabbath of God, they would still refuse to accept God's Word's regarding them. As it is written:

Jer. 6:16 Thus saith the LORD, (Word which became Flesh) Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.

But they said, We will not walk therein.

AS it is to this day.

Talk about Irony!

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
uh huh he ((once again)) completely skipped my question and went straight to blaming pharisees for all conceivable evil. 'well said' i guess??? well that's you're opinion.

what about whether you should regret or be thankful for and rejoice in doing what God sets before you to do on a certain day tho?
I didn't skip your question, I dug to it's foundation.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Julian, Philo, the Historical Channel, It seems foolish for man to place their trust in these over God.

You have zero Biblical proof that the 7th day of our calendar is any different than the Sabbath He healed a man on, that He said was made for man.

Besides, there is no evidence in your posts that it would matter to man anyway. Even if they are shown that the Pharisees were not obeying God's instructions for salvation, or even if they have been shown that Saturday is indeed, the Sabbath of God, they would still refuse to accept God's Word's regarding them. As it is written:

Jer. 6:16 Thus saith the LORD, (Word which became Flesh) Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.

But they said, We will not walk therein.

AS it is to this day.

Talk about Irony!
reading comprehension.
getchasom.

i've said repeatedly i don't know whether the sabbath ought to be determined in the same way all other appointed days in scripture are calculated or whether any human calendar will do.

i'm asking a question.

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
reading comprehension.
getchasom.

i've said repeatedly i don't know whether the sabbath ought to be determined in the same way all other appointed days in scripture are calculated or whether any human calendar will do.

i'm asking a question.
I believe God has already given you your answer if you can accept it. And I believe God is able to preserve His instructions, along with His Holy Days, through the Jews, or Pharaoh or anyone else He chooses.

1 What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision (Jewish religion)?
2 Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.

3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?

4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

As Jesus Declared.:

"For Salvation is of the Jews"

Zech. 8:
18 And the word of the LORD of hosts came unto me, saying,
19 Thus saith the LORD of hosts; The fast of the fourth month, and the fast of the fifth, and the fast of the seventh, and the fast of the tenth, shall be to the house of Judah joy and gladness, and cheerful feasts; therefore love the truth and peace.

20 Thus saith the LORD of hosts; It shall yet come to pass, that there shall come people, and the inhabitants of many cities:

21 And the inhabitants of one city shall go to another, saying, Let us go speedily to pray before the LORD, and to seek the LORD of hosts: I will go also.

22 Yea, many people and strong nations shall come to seek the LORD of hosts in Jerusalem, and to pray before the LORD.

23 Thus saith the LORD of hosts; In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you.

Rom. 2:
28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011

My reply is honest and to the point.....

Mayflowe

Oct 6, 2016
To me, it means so much......... It is strange, to me, that there are Ten Commandments and the idea that they are not important is only applied to the Sabbath commandment (Exodus 20:8-11), the only one which begins with the word "remember". This is a post Biblical development and the people of the Bible just did it as a part of life (Luke 4:16). It was in Eden before the Jewish nation arose (Gen 2) and in Exodus 16 before Sinai. What does it mean that God wrote the Ten Commandments Himself with His own finger upon stone (Exodus 24:12) and when Moses literally broke the tablets of stone, He did not commission Moses to make another one but He wrote them again all by Himself (Exodus 31:18). I note that the New Covenant does not mention abrogation of any kind as it is that God will write the law on our hearts (Jeremiah 31:33; Hebrews 10:16) so it was meant to be very much a part of us. His signature is in the Sabbath commandment because it is the only Commandment which mentions who He is and His authority: the Lord (יְהֹוָה Yahweh/Jehovah) the Creator of heaven and earth. The fact that it is not seen as important whereas the other nine are is more to do with human traditions than any teaching from the word of God. It is spending time with our wonderful Creator in relationship and honouring Him. Is it legalism not to not commit adultery? :unsure:. The Sabbath is beautiful. It reminds me who I come from and who has the ultimate claim on me, my time and my life. Basking in the glory.

(Leaders from major denominations have admitted these things and much more long ago: https://www.biblesabbath.org/confessions.html).

Mayflowe

Oct 6, 2016
I don't understand the resistance to this when there isn't any to not coveting, for example. :unsure:

beta

Aug 8, 2016

You completely MISunderstood my meaning and I am not going to argur with you. Difference in understanding is bound to happen when we speak from different sides. Have a nice day !