Sabbath

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
what you will find is the judeaizers just cherry pick verses and ignore others. some they won't even talk about.

I have pointed out the mount of transfiguration experience many times, God the Father said of the Son " hear Him ", but they won't touch it.

Sketch

Nov 1, 2018
you all are likely to encounter in their argument against Sabbath. They'll say, the Sabbath was for the Jews! Not the Gentiles.
Not in any scripture in the Bible is there that distinction.
In addition to the Deuteronomy 5:15 reference about the Sabbath being for those who were slaves in Egypt, we also find these references to the Sabbath being a sign between God and Israel.

Exodus 31:13
Say to the Israelites, ‘You must observe my Sabbaths. This will be a sign between me and you for the generations to come, so you may know that I am the Lord, who makes you holy.

Ezekiel 20:12
Also I gave them my Sabbaths as a sign between us, so they would know that I the Lord made them holy.

Ezekiel 20:20
Keep my Sabbaths holy, that they may be a sign between us. Then you will know that I am the Lord your God.”

Sketch

Nov 1, 2018
what you will find is the judeaizers just cherry pick verses and ignore others. some they won't even talk about.

I have pointed out the mount of transfiguration experience many times, God the Father said of the Son " hear Him ", but they won't touch it.
I'm new here, so I have not heard your point on that, but would like to.
The Transfiguration is on my list of all the times when the law was being incrementally set aside.
Curious to hear your take. Thanks.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
I'm new here, so I have not heard your point on that, but would like to.
The Transfiguration is on my list of all the times when the law was being incrementally set aside.
Curious to hear your take. Thanks.
God the Father comes down , in the presence of Moses ( the Law ) and Elijah ( the Prophets ) and said " this is my beloved Son. hear Him! "

so, this elevates and seperates the Words of Christ above all other Scripture.

so, there you go. this is daylight to a vampire to all the judeaizers who try to convince the Christians to turn jewish.

Sketch

Nov 1, 2018
God the Father comes down , in the presence of Moses ( the Law ) and Elijah ( the Prophets ) and said " this is my beloved Son. hear Him! "

so, there you go. this is daylight to a vampire to all the judeaizers who try to convince the Christians to turn jewish.
Thanks.
I thought the church settled this matter in Acts chapter fifteen. (the Jerusalem Council)

Acts 15:10-11
Now then, why do you try to test God by putting on the necks of Gentiles a yoke that neither we nor our ancestors have been able to bear? 11 No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are.”

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013

This is an awesome revelation gb9. Thank you!

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
So you agree with me that we will observe the Sabbath in the new earth?
Colossians 2:16-17
16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Why would we go back to the shadow in the new earth?

Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

There is no caveat in that verse. It doesn't say "until the new earth".

Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

Doesn't this worry you at all??
Apparently not as observing the Sabbath and new moons in the future is mentioned in scripture in the book of Isaiah and referenced in other parts of the bible as well.

Isaiah 66:23

From one new moon to another and from one Sabbath to another, all mankind will come and bow down before me," says the LORD.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Genesis 2:3 So God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it God rested from all his work that he had done in creation.

Exodus 20:8-11 Remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy.....
Another thing Lilly....there is first the natural...then the spiritual. We are not in the natural now. That would take law to control mens humanity. We are changed from the natural to the spiritual if indeed we are born again of water and spirit. No need to control what God has created. It comes from our heart. That is the meaning of the those in Romans 2 who do from the heart what the law portrays.

It is very helpful to have an understanding of the spiritual meaning of words. 7 is the day of the Lord....8 is the day of the circumcised. We are 8th day worshippers in spirit and truth. I think this may be where the Catholic church gets sunday but I won't say for sure. Not catholic.

But, I know from looking back at the old...I see infants circumcised on the 8th day. And I know what 8 means. If you have been circumcised by the hands of heaven....no longer are we flesh. But spirit. Every day is the Lords day now for His body. So we live and rule in this life as in the heavenlies now with Jesus. If we know this....it certainly will curtail the fleshly ways here on earth. Or should. :)

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
Another thing Lilly....there is first the natural...then the spiritual. We are not in the natural now. That would take law to control mens humanity. We are changed from the natural to the spiritual if indeed we are born again of water and spirit. No need to control what God has created. It comes from our heart. That is the meaning of the those in Romans 2 who do from the heart what the law portrays.

It is very helpful to have an understanding of the spiritual meaning of words. 7 is the day of the Lord....8 is the day of the circumcised. We are 8th day worshippers in spirit and truth. I think this may be where the Catholic church gets sunday but I won't say for sure. Not catholic.

But, I know from looking back at the old...I see infants circumcised on the 8th day. And I know what 8 means. If you have been circumcised by the hands of heaven....no longer are we flesh. But spirit. Every day is the Lords day now for His body. So we live and rule in this life as in the heavenlies now with Jesus. If we know this....it certainly will curtail the fleshly ways here on earth. Or should. :)
There are history sites concerning the Sabbath change to Sunday that tell us what is the Roman's Catholic church altered their day of worship from the traditional Sabbath to Sunday so as to offset harassment by the Roman authorities. Their day of honoring the sun was Sunday. To avoid conflict the early established church in Rome conformed and did the same for our God Yahweh.
That, go along to get along, stance I guess.
From the Pagan era is where we get the days of our week too. Fascinating stuff what we take for granted as our calendar and other things have their origin in pagan practice.
We are in the world but not of the world. I think the whole point of the thread thus far is to inform that small minority opposed to the origin of our faith and that tell us we're not to honor one day a week, as God ordained. To keep it holy.
As it was made for us by God in the beginning, I don't see a conflict with taking that time away from the world so as to be in service to the spirit that always leads us, and to also have one on one time with God without distractions. We're never separated from God as we know. Well, I'd hope we know this.Taking one day as a vacation of sorts to spend time wholly in the spirit is refreshing to the body , mind, and spirit.
Friends make the Sabbath day a part of their weekly calendar as scheduled in days of old. Sundown Friday to sundown Saturday. I could list all the things they share are part of that but that is their private matter. In any event, when Monday rolls around and that alarm goes off, one of my friends has an alarm clock that wakes them with gradually increasing volume of ocean waves, I gotta find that kind of clock :giggle:, they're ready to meet the week head on. Like a mini-vacation once a week.

The way I see it, we're in a relationship with the greatest power in all creation. If we want to observe the Sabbath God designated for us, so be it.
Rather than taking matters of concern with such persons, why don't we ask ourselves, why would any Christian be opposed to another Christian spending time with God one day a week especially for their own choice and benefit? What possible argument could there be for someone to broach what is a personal and Biblical practice and teaching, so as to tell that Christian it is wrong to do so?

Really. Those persons are what should be confronted here, those that are adamant against one on one time with the Father. Not those who take time to spend a day of their life exclusively in the day the Father made for them.

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018

Well, lets see why that may be shall we?

You are the cherry picker here. You use what you think is a derogatory term, there's another here that resorts to the same J term so as to degrade Christians the way you do, so as to make it appear our faith is not a "Jewish" thing. Personally, your patent public hatred for Jews, the faith you think is Judaism in the Old Testament, should have you cast out of this place. Bigotry in the name of God is abomination. Not worthy of praise.
Jesus was born into a Jewish family and he was under the law. SURPRISE! Oh, what ever shall you do now? Thinking the new testament teachings brought forth and discussed is an effort to turn Christians Jewish is not ignorance. It is stupidity. And the most evil flavor of trolling on the net.
And no matter what scriptures serve to inform Christians here of your wicked intent to mislead, we should take note, you ignore that so as to continue to spew the phrase, Judaizers. Everything you accuse Christians who know the scriptures of in that post is actually YOU!

Thinking you can separate Judaism, Israel, from the faith of Christ? There's a term for that too.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
for the record, I have no issue with anyone keeping the Sabbath. that is fine.

but, when you say that one has to keep the Law and/ or the Sabbath to be saved, well then that is whole different thing. that is teaching salvation by works. that is un-Biblical'

now, I do not agree with Rome's decision to ban Sabbath keeping. that was wrong. but, they did it to stop folks like you from judeaizing Christians.

yes, sunday is the sun-god day. but, every day of the week and month of the year is named after a pagan god.

so, how you folks can think that Christians , who sing to Jesus, hear messages about Jesus, invite folks to accept Jesus as Lord and Savior, worship Jesus, is beyond me.

oh, and the conspiracy theory that Jesus was crucified on wed. and raised on the Sabbath is as bad as what Rome did in banning Sabbath worship.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
Well, lets see why that may be shall we?

You are the cherry picker here. You use what you think is a derogatory term, there's another here that resorts to the same J term so as to degrade Christians the way you do, so as to make it appear our faith is not a "Jewish" thing. Personally, your patent public hatred for Jews, the faith you think is Judaism in the Old Testament, should have you cast out of this place. Bigotry in the name of God is abomination. Not worthy of praise.
Jesus was born into a Jewish family and he was under the law. SURPRISE! Oh, what ever shall you do now? Thinking the new testament teachings brought forth and discussed is an effort to turn Christians Jewish is not ignorance. It is stupidity. And the most evil flavor of trolling on the net.
And no matter what scriptures serve to inform Christians here of your wicked intent to mislead, we should take note, you ignore that so as to continue to spew the phrase, Judaizers. Everything you accuse Christians who know the scriptures of in that post is actually YOU!

Thinking you can separate Judaism, Israel, from the faith of Christ? There's a term for that too.
wait, so yesterday you said you did not accuse me of being anti-jewish after you did so the first time, I said I was not, I have no problem with the jewish / Hebrew people. now you are doing it again.

what I have a problem with is ones like you telling a lie that ones have to turn jewish to be Christ followers .

I am sorry I am upsetting you. is this the first time someone has ever really stood up against your hebrew roots deception?

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Lily

I don't see hatred in gb9s posts at all. Our difference of opinion is because of our religious view. I hate that word religion by the way but it fits here.

I see what he wrote as honoring Jesus who is our Sabbath rest. We trust wholly in His works, and His Holy Spirit who has been given to us. Being led of Holy Spirit is not being led by the law. Christians, born again and Spirit filled are led by Him.

Paul did address this argument. He said observe if you want to, but not as you have to. My words of his.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
That's not a revelation. That's ignorance as great as the day is long. Why would you thank someone for their hatred?

Mat 17:5  While he yet spoke, behold, a cloud of light overshadowed them, and, behold, a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
Mat 17:5  While he yet spoke, behold, a cloud of light overshadowed them, and, behold, a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.
You're daring to compare Jesus Christ's receiving the Holy Spirit of God as described in that verse with the post afforded by gb9?

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
Lily

I don't see hatred in gb9s posts at all.
I believe you.
I also believe your post history that shows your last activity on these boards was in August of this year. And now you're active in the threads where gb9 and a very few others assails Christians and you support and defend their behavior.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
You're daring to compare Jesus Christ's receiving the Holy Spirit of God as described in that verse with the post afforded by gb9?
Holy Spirit rested on Jesus at His baptism. And no you completely misunderstood what I was trying to convey.

Don't put your trust in the Sabbath rest. This has nothing to do with the rest that Jesus gives His body. Father says.....Hear my Son.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
what was quoted here was the mount of transfiguration , not when Jesus was baptized.