sabbath

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

3angelsmsg

Mar 1, 2018
Its kept by faith. No faith. . . no rest. (Sabbath)

Some use it as a sign and wonder to confirm some action they perform as some sort of "sign gift" .No such things to begin with.

It is one of those things that destroy the foundation of the word (singular) destroying the intended usage . This case adding a time element like week or 7 th. day to the simply meaning rest.

A violation of Deuteronomy 4:2 used to protect the integrity of the word used throughout the scriptures . A different kind of protection. Not like that of Revelation 22 at the end, taking away of any chance of new prophecy it protects the whole sealed with 7 seals to the end of time

Ye shall not add unto the word (singular) which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it,(singular) that ye may keep the commandments (plural) of the Lord your God which I command you.Deuteronomy 4:2

The word Sabbath is a non time sensitive word is clearly one of them that has been destroyed .

Rest (Sabbath)equals rest (Sabbath) .Not week or seventh day. Its a matter of mixing faith (the unseen) in what we do hear or see.
KJV Matthew 5
Jesus Came to Fulfill the Law
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Mar 28, 2016
KJV Matthew 5
Jesus Came to Fulfill the Law
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

I would agree with those verses. But it does not make a word (sabbath) that has no connection as a time element one that does..

All beleivers exceed the righteousness of the unrighteous scribes and Pharisees .

How did the word Sabbath a non time sensitive word become the word week?

Luke 18:12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

The Sabbath law was ceremonial in nature. Two different parables as reasons. Deuteronomy and Exodus.
No parble needed in respect to moral laws We cannot judge one another in respect to that day .

Colossians 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

3angelsmsg

Mar 1, 2018
I would agree with those verses. But it does not make a word (sabbath) that has no connection as a time element one that does..

All beleivers exceed the righteousness of the unrighteous scribes and Pharisees .

How did the word Sabbath a non time sensitive word become the word week?

Luke 18:12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

The Sabbath law was ceremonial in nature. Two different parables as reasons. Deuteronomy and Exodus.
No parble needed in respect to moral laws We cannot judge one another in respect to that day .

Colossians 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
I am not totally sure how to answer you. The word 'week' has not changed to sabbath in the context of the scripture above you quoted.

And I am not just addressing the Sabbath commandment. I am speaking about uplifting the law of God. By the way life our lives to bring glory to God.

And I am not looking at one commandment in isolation. There is so much beauty in the law. Scripture says that the Law is good, perfect and love.

Psalms 19:7 The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.

Colossians 2:14-17
There are many who try to blend these two systems, using the texts that speak of the ceremonial law to prove that the moral law has been abolished; but this is a perversion of the Scriptures. The distinction between the two systems is broad and clear. The ceremonial system was made up of symbols pointing to Christ, to His sacrifice and His priesthood. This ritual law, with its sacrifices and ordinances, was to be performed by the Hebrews until type met antitype in the death of Christ, the Lamb of God that taketh away the sin of the world. Then all the sacrificial offerings were to cease.

3angelsmsg

Mar 1, 2018
I am not totally sure how to answer you. The word 'week' has not changed to sabbath in the context of the scripture above you quoted.

And I am not just addressing the Sabbath commandment. I am speaking about uplifting the law of God. By the way life our lives to bring glory to God.

And I am not looking at one commandment in isolation. There is so much beauty in the law. Scripture says that the Law is good, perfect and love.

Psalms 19:7 The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.

There are many who try to blend these two systems, using the texts that speak of the ceremonial law to prove that the moral law has been abolished; but this is a perversion of the Scriptures. The distinction between the two systems is broad and clear. The ceremonial system was made up of symbols pointing to Christ, to His sacrifice and His priesthood. This ritual law, with its sacrifices and ordinances, was to be performed by the Hebrews until type met antitype in the death of Christ, the Lamb of God that taketh away the sin of the world. Then all the sacrificial offerings were to cease.
Many error by just reading verse 16 of Collosians 2 and not reading the whole chapter. It becomes clear that it is not speaking of the moral law of God the ten commandments. There are two sabbath days the weekly Sabbath and the sabbath days refferring to the feast and festivals. We need to be able to make the distinction between the two. Verse 16 is referring to the 'sabbath days' not 'the Sabbath day'.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
Many error by just reading verse 16 of Collosians 2 and not reading the whole chapter. It becomes clear that it is not speaking of the moral law of God the ten commandments. There are two sabbath days the weekly Sabbath and the sabbath days refferring to the feast and festivals. We need to be able to make the distinction between the two. Verse 16 is referring to the 'sabbath days' not 'the Sabbath day'.
the real error is the assumption that the whole world was given the Law. it was not, only the jews. so, since gentiles were never under the Law, they were never commanded to keep the jewish Sabbath.

the other nine commands were repeated in the N.T. for gentiles to keep, but not the Sabbath.

Mar 28, 2016

Good way of explaining the works of the ceremonial laws as shadows that were fulfilled in Christ . . our sabbath rest. He freely gives us it in respect to his finished labor of love or called a work of faith. . suffering for our sin..

Its the kind of Sabbath spoken of in Hebrews 4. Where those who did mix the faith of Christ working in them, having not hardened their hearts. . they have received that sabbath. It is God who does work in us to soften our new hearts. Those who did not mix faith the unseen. . . missed the gospel.

The standard "Today" shows us the word is not time sensitive

Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it. For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest. Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief: Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.Hebrews 4: 1-7

Both the word week a word not used in the Greek or the first day of the week are made into time sensitive words for some reason or other. Even in the Youngs literal where it is applied correctly introducing the new era of ceremonial fasts to the first day of the week

Matthew 28 Young's Literal Translation (YLT) And on the eve of the sabbaths, at the dawn, toward the first of the sabbaths, came Mary the Magdalene, and the other Mary, to see the sepulchre,

And when it came to instructions of the fast the fast it was translated twice in a week even in the Young's translation. and not twice on the sabbath .(one day) Three meals was the kosher law . That person simply skipped a meal for bragging rites..

Luke 18:12 Young's Literal Translation (YLT) I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all things -- as many as I possess.

Mar 28, 2016
Ceremonial laws are mixed in with the moral laws. The Exodus and Deuteronomy accounts uses two different reasoning as parables that must be compared together in order to glean the spiritual understanding as a timeless rest. Creation till the time period of Egypt. . one rest. Moral laws do not use parables as reasoning.

six days thou dost labour, and hast done all thy work, and the seventh day [is] a Sabbath to Jehovah thy God; thou dost not do any work, thou, and thy son, and thy daughter, thy man-servant, and thy handmaid, and thy cattle, and thy sojourner who is within thy gates for six days hath Jehovah made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that [is] in them, and resteth in the seventh day; therefore hath Jehovah blessed the Sabbath-day, and doth sanctify it. Exodus20:9-11

six days thou dost labour, and hast done all thy work, and the seventh day [is] a sabbath to Jehovah thy God; thou dost not do any work, thou, and thy son, and thy daughter, and thy man-servant, and thy handmaid, and thine ox, and thine ass, and all thy cattle, and thy sojourner who [is] within thy gates; so that thy man-servant, and thy handmaid doth rest like thyself; and thou hast remembered that a servant thou hast been in the land of Egypt, and Jehovah thy God is bringing thee out thence by a strong hand, and by a stretched-out arm; therefore hath Jehovah thy God commanded thee to keep the day of the sabbath. Deuteronomy 5:13-15

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Ceremonial laws are mixed in with the moral laws. The Exodus and Deuteronomy accounts uses two different reasoning as parables that must be compared together in order to glean the spiritual understanding as a timeless rest. Creation till the time period of Egypt. . one rest. Moral laws do not use parables as reasoning.
Exodus and Deuteronomy are not parables, and don’t contain parables.

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
God has made the first obsolete, but some people just will not relinquish their hold on it. Sad, huh?
Some people. Whats verse 11 say about ALL people? How can that be Magenta?

HEBREWS 8 [8] For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: [9] Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. [10] For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I WILL PUT MY LAWS INTO THEIR MIND, AND WRITE THEM IN THEIR HEARTS: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: [11] And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. [12] For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. [13] In that he saith, A NEW COVENANT, HE HATH MADE THE FIRST OLD. NOW THAT WHICH DECAYETH AND WAXETH OLD IS READY TO VANISH AWAY.

Verse 11- If EVERYONE knows the Lord what are we doin here trying to teach every man his neighbor. You claim that covenant is here. But as you can read, it is not.

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
Although the covenant of Hebrews 8 has not yet arrived, the new covenant in the blood of Christ has arrived.

ZECH.9 [9] Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, THY KING COMETH UNTO THEE: HE IS JUST, AND HAVING SALVATION; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.[10] And I will cut off the chariot from Ephraim, and the horse from Jerusalem, and the battle bow shall be cut off: and he shall speak peace unto the heathen: and his dominion shall be from sea even to sea, and from river even to the ends of the earth.[11] As for thee also, BY THE BLOOD OF THY COVENANT I have sent forth thy prisoners out of the pit wherein is no water

Verse 9 definately prophecies of the coming Jesus. Verse 11, Jesus is called the blood of thy covenant

HEBREWS 12 [23] To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,[24] And to Jesus THE MEDIATOR OF THE NEW COVENANT, AND TO THE BLOOD of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

New covenant...blood

LUKE 22 [19] And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me. [20] Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, THIS CUP IS THE NEW TESTAMENT IN MY BLOOD, which is shed for you.

New testament...blood

HEBREWS 9 [1] Then verily THE FIRST COVENANT HAD ALSO ORDINANCES of divine service, and a worldly sanctuary. [9] Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;[10] WHICH STOOD ONLY IN MEATS AND DRINKS, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.[12] NEITHER BY THE BLOOD OF GOATS AND CALVES, BUT BY HIS OWN BLOOD he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

old covenant...blood of goats.....The meat and drink offerings ...... fulfilled in Christ

HEBREWS [4] FOR IT IS NOT POSSIBLE THAT THE BLOOD OF BULLS AND OF GOATS SHOULD TAKE AWAY SINS.[5] Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:[6] In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.[7] Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.[8] Above when he said, sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;[9] Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. HE TAKETH AWAY THE FIRST, THAT HE MAY ESTABLISH THE SECOND.

He taketh away the first {covenant}, that he may establish the second.

JOHN 6 [53] [54] Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. [55] For MY FLESH IS MEAT INDEED, and MY BLOOD IS DRINK INDEED.

And theres the 2nd

MATTHEW 5 [17] Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. [18] For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Jesus did not come to change or destroy the law. The sabbath is still to be kept. He came to fulfil what was written of Him in the books of the law.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
Heb 8 tells me the new covenant is made with the house of Israel.
Gentiles are grafted into the house ,,Roms 11. The sabbath was made before Israel was started. Matt 12:8 For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.
Mark 2:27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:
28 Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.
Sunday worship is an invention of the catholic church.

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
More proof out of the book of Jeremiah

JEREMIAH 16 [14] Therefore, BEHOLD, THE DAYS COME, saith the LORD, that it shall no more be said, The LORD liveth, that brought up the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt; [15] But, The LORD liveth, that brought up the children of Israel from the land of the north, and from all the lands whither he had driven them: and I will bring them again into their land that I gave unto their fathers.

Behold, the days come! Has verse 15 come to pass? Has this prophecy been fulfilled. Nope

JEREMIAH 23 [5] BEHOLD, THE DAYS COME, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth. [6] In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS. [7] Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that they shall no more say, The LORD liveth, which brought up the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt; [8] But, The LORD liveth, which brought up and which led the seed of the house of Israel out of the north country, and from all countries whither I had driven them; and they shall dwell in their own land.

Behold, the days come! Has this prophecy been fulfilled. Nope. Not yet

JEREMIAH 33 [14] BEHOLD, THE DAYS COME, saith the LORD, that I will perform that good thing which I have promised unto the house of Israel and to the house of Judah. [15] In those days, and at that time, will I cause the Branch of righteousness to grow up unto David; and he shall execute judgment and righteousness in the land. [16] IN THOSE DAYS SHALL JUDAH BE SAVED, AND JERUSALEM SHALL DWELL SAFELY: and this is the name wherewith she shall be called, The LORD our righteousness.

Behold, the days come! Is Jerusalem dwelling safely? Has this prophecy been fulfilled. Nope

JEREMIAH 31 [31] BEHOLD, THE DAYS COME, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: [32] Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: [33] But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; AFTER THOSE DAYS, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. [34] AND THEY SHALL TEACH NO MORE EVERY MAN HIS NEIGHBOUR, AND EVERY MAN HIS BROTHER, SAYING, KNOW THE LORD: FOR THEY SHALL ALL KNOW ME, FROM THE LEAST OF THEM UNTO THE GREATEST of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Behold, the days come! Has this prophecy been fulfilled. Does EVERYONE know the Lord? Nope

HEBREWS 8 [8] For finding fault with them, he saith, BEHOLD, THE DAYS COME, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: [9] Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. [10] For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel AFTER THOSE DAYS, saith the Lord; I WILL PUT MY LAWS INTO THEIR MIND, AND WRITE THEM IN THEIR HEARTS: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: [11] And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. [12] For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. [13] In that he saith, A NEW COVENANT, HE HATH MADE THE FIRST OLD. NOW THAT WHICH DECAYETH AND WAXETH OLD IS READY TO VANISH AWAY.

Behold the days come! AFTER THOSE DAYS.....! Why do the many believe this scripture has been fulfilled? If “behold the days come” has not yet arrived, surely “after those days” has not yet arrived.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
The first coming of Jesus ended the cerimonial laws that were a shadow of Christ. The blood of Christ is the blood of the new covenant, the animals blood were for the old covenant. The Holy city and throne of Jesus is in Heaven. Read Rev 20, 21, 22.
John 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. 10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

Don't look to this worlds Jerusalem. Look above.
Notice that only those that keep the commandments enter the holy city. Rev 22: 14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

lightbearer

Jun 17, 2017
HBG. Pa. USA
if they are in Christ and His law is made part of them in their hearts and minds, how were they persuaded that they lacked it, and bewitched into accepting circumcision - which is written in the law?
So the Law, The Word through Christ is not in our hearts, minds and mouth?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
in re: the Christians in Galatia, i asked:

if they are in Christ and His law is made part of them in their hearts and minds, how were they persuaded that they lacked it, and bewitched into accepting circumcision - which is written in the law?

So the Law, The Word through Christ is not in our hearts, minds and mouth?
don't be silly. i made that explicit assumption that it indeed is, in the very text of the post you quoted. also, Paul writes:
I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that the gospel I preached is not of human origin.
(Galatians 1:11)

he calls them brothers and sisters.
so we know that Paul considered them true believers, real Christians, saved people.
ergo, God's law is written in their hearts & minds - unless @lightbearer a person can be a truly saved & redeemed Christian without that being the case? or Paul can legitimately call the damned unbelieving non-Christians "
brothers and sisters" ?

Paul calls them brothers and sisters - what do you think?
are they saved? is God's law written in their hearts and minds?

how exactly was it become evil for them to be circumcised in the flesh, when circumcision is a commandment in the law?
if they were circumcised in heart, how did physical circumcision make their hearts uncircumcised?

how is it that these, in whose mind & heart God has written His law, are chastised for accepting a certain fundamental commandment in the law, being told, if they accept it then they make Christ of no value and are liable to keep "the whole law" ?

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
PSALM 78 [1] Give ear, O my people, to my law: incline your ears to the words of my mouth. [2] I WILL OPEN MY MOUTH IN A PARABLE: I will utter dark sayings of old: [3] Which we have heard and known, and our fathers have told us. [4] We will not hide them from their children, shewing to the generation to come the praises of the Lord, and his strength, and his wonderful works that he hath done. [5] For HE ESTABLISHED A TESTIMONY IN JACOB, AND APPOINTED A LAW IN ISRAEL, which he commanded our fathers, that they should make them known to their children: [6] That the generation to come might know them, even the children which should be born; who should arise and declare them to their children: [7] THAT THEY MIGHT SET THEIR HOPE IN GOD, AND NOT FORGET THE WORKS OF GOD, BUT KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS:

Who opened his mouth in a parable?

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
ISAIAH 48 [17] THUS SAITH THE LORD, THY REDEEMER, THE HOLY ONE OF ISRAEL; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.[18] O THAT THOU HADST HEARKENED TO MY COMMANDMENTS! then had thy peace been as a river, and thy righteousness as the waves of the sea:

Who is your Redeemer?

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
Really, in all of these any pages of our personal opinion on the question of honoring God's Sabbath, I think I want to just say, if anyone wishes to do that, enter into a time of rest , study, prayer, meditation, contemplation of the word of The Word that is God, from sunset Friday unto Sunset Saturday, Sabbath time, go for it! Follow the leading of the Holy Spirit inside you, the temple that houses Him.
Because you are in a relationship with the greatest power in existence, your Creator.
I assure you, God at the judgment is not going to point to you and say, HEY YOU! SABBATH KEEPER! Off to Hell you go for keeping my Sabbath!
God knows your heart! Because you are eternally in His. ::giggle:

And does anyone else find it odd that some of us are arguing with scripture to contest the scripture God inspired that told us, remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy? That the Sabbath was made for man , not man for the Sabbath?
When the Saint Apostle Paul tells us we are all one in Christ Jesus, there's no Jew, Gentile, Greek, free, or slave, then we can't argue and tell a fellow Christian they can't keep the Sabbath because it was something "only made for the Jews".

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
*Nowhere in Scripture is there any hint that Sabbath keeping was practiced from Adam to Moses.
Sure there was.

GENESIS 26 [3] Sojourn in this land, and I will be with thee, and will bless thee; for unto thee, and unto thy seed, I will give all these countries, and I WILL PERFORM THE OATH WHICH I SWARE UNTO ABRAHAM thy father; [4] And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; [5] BECAUSE THAT ABRAHAM OBEYED MY VOICE, and kept my charge, MY COMMANDMENTS, my statutes, and MY LAWS.

So why was Abraham observing to keep Gods 10 commandments? He heard and obeyed Gods "voice"

DEUT. 27 [8] And thou shalt write upon the stones all the words of this law very plainly. [9] And Moses and the priests the Levites spake unto all Israel, saying, Take heed, and hearken, O Israel; this day thou art become the people of the Lord thy God . [10] Thou shalt therefore OBEY THE VOICE of the Lord thy God, and DO HIS COMMANDMENTS and his statutes, which I command thee this day.

DEUT. 4 [12] And the Lord spake unto you out of the midst of the fire: ye heard THE VOICE of the words, but saw no similitude; only ye heard a voice. [13] And he declared unto you his covenant, which HE COMMANDED YOU TO PERFORM, EVEN TEN COMMANDMENTS; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone.

The voice...The 10 commandments. No doubt about it. Read the 4th

Mar 28, 2016

Amen the perfect law is good .The letter of the law by its self kills mixing faith called the law of faith makes it one perfect gospel .

The word rest was changed into "twice a week" . The bragger was lifting himself up by saying he only ate two meals on the sabbath .

Three was the allowable or Kosher.

From the way I understand the Greek they did not have or use the word week. They would use the words 7 days. Sabbath means rest ,not week or first of the week .

Luke 18:11-13 King James Version (KJV) The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.