sadness

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

stacydee

Mar 6, 2018
its feels so sad when doing the right thing and still people judge you, and when u live the right way only discouragement, loneliness , self pity follow me. sometimes i feel like God does exist, but always up thanking Him for the gift of life and taking me to a new day, i try not to think to much , but thats like a daily routine in my life,

J

joefizz

its feels so sad when doing the right thing and still people judge you, and when u live the right way only discouragement, loneliness , self pity follow me. sometimes i feel like God does exist, but always up thanking Him for the gift of life and taking me to a new day, i try not to think to much , but thats like a daily routine in my life,
Yeah it's tough to do right while others judge but just try to think on what more there is than people's "judging",and that God/Jesus can guide you and reward you more than anyone,though we like those of unbelief don't deserve such great blessings from God/Jesus it is comforting to know that we have so much more to look forward to than just "this world".

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
Wow, I know what you mean. I've gotten myself in hot water with some friends while trying to 'fix' something and although I had good intentions I messed it up royally. Now, I have to apologize. It wasn't mine to 'fix' and I went in like a bull in a china shop.

I'm sure your situation is different but your message just really struck me this morning.

I'm very sensitive to how I think people perceive me. Maybe you too? This can be a good thing and it can be a bad thing. It's a bad thing if we don't put God's perception of ourselves FIRST. Because you know people are fallible. They make mistakes in 'perceiving' things. We all do. That's why the bible says so much about loving kindness and forgiveness.

If we study and meditate on God's Word, He will tell us about ourselves. He will be our best 'mirror'. And He will tell us about His unconditional love for us. This doesn't mean we can keep on willfully sinning ...but when our hearts are right, He will transform us into the beings He wants us to be. He accepts us where we are, but He won't leave us there :).

I think we need to also accept that some people just won't like us; no matter what we do to try to be agreeable. While at the same time we should examine our own personalities and see if there's something that needs to be changed. One of my faults is to be quickly and easily irritated. Not necessarily mad, just irritated. So I've been working on this. ( I think my hormones have been out of whack and since I've changed my diet, they are getting better.)

My 'bull in a china shop' personality also gets me into trouble...I think I'm better than I was...God is still working on me! Whatever you do, don't let Satan win! He's out to isolate us and destroy relationships. But if we cooperate with the Holy Spirit, He will show us what we need to change and what we need to accept. And He'll show us how Satan is working to destroy us. Doing bible study does us no good unless we APPLY what we've learned. That's the lesson I'm learning out of my situation :).

Praying for you...peace and guidance :)

D

Depleted

It's not working for you. Since your goals are always for you to do it right, then your missing who gives "right." If you're worried about how people take what you do, the focus is still on what you do. If you hate being discouraged, then who is giving you the courage? If you're suffering loneliness, why aren't you with the one who is there all the time and looking for others who enjoy him all the time? If self-pity follows you, what became of "Love God fully" and "Love others as yourself?" If your goal is to not think, you're still thinking.

Sadness is with you because you're always with you and judging life by how well you're doing it. That never works.

Also the very reason we need the Lord and need to keep our focus on him, not us. We fail. We fail each and every time. He never fails, so if we let him guide us and do what he says to do, that works.

Aug 4, 2017
Stop trying to please people. The One to try to please is God. This will bring a warmth and peace to your heart because your focus will be on the right one; not other people, not yourself, but God. Think about Him. Really get into the Scripture so that you can know Him and what pleases Him. It is a relationship with you that He wants, not your efforts to do right. The relationship will bring the doing right because obedience is our response to His love, not the way to earn it. I am asking God to give you an understanding of His great love and invitation to you to really know Him.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Jesus warned that as He was judged so will the world judge us. Don't feel too bad, you must be doing the right things as you say. At my age I don't care squat what people think of me except my wife. I understand what you said about God, you know that He exist but you can't physically see, hear or touch him. Rest assured He is always by your side and has said that He will neither leave you or forsake you. Don't be sad, Jesus loves you.

Feb 28, 2016
PS. 39:12.
Hear my prayer, O LORD, and give ear unto my cry; hold not Thy peace at my tears:
For I am a stranger with Thee, and a sojourner, as all my fathers were.

ISA. 26:3.
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee: because he trusteth in Thee.