Safe spaces

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jessie_1

Petty! you come on a thread named "safe place" which you admitted to having no real idea what it was about..Your choice of response to a post is spelling? Many things contribute to errors like a malfunctioning keyboard on touchscreen, or editing time on this site ran out.... It's not that important to fix everything little thing. The point was still made while I talk about weightier matters...
I'm sorry. You are right. I thought this was a "non threatening" thread. My response most certainly was petty in light of what the thread REALLY was, and for that, again I'm sorry. Please forgive me.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
Petty! you come on a thread named "safe place" which you admitted to having no real idea what it was about..Your choice of response to a post is spelling? Many things contribute to errors like a malfunctioning keyboard on touchscreen, or editing time on this site ran out.... It's not that important to fix everything little thing. The point was still made while I talk about weightier matters...
That's not a spelling error, it's a grammatical error. And it is caused by a malfunction, but not of your keyboard. It's a malfunction of the liberal, phonics based, give a trophy for just showing up educational system that has been dumbing down Americans for 50 years now. And it is important, if you don't care enough to be accurate in the little things, I can't imagine you being careful to be accurate in the big things. This is how we end up with choices like Trump vs Clinton.

Betcha wish ya had a safe place to hide in now! ;)

G

GaryA

I did read it and took it to be sincere... I don't know the dynamics between members, nor the "real" intentions of some. Duh... I feel kinda stupid now. :confused:
It does help a lot if you know the 'dynamics'... ;)

( And, believe me -- there are some really interesting "dynamics" on CC... :D :rolleyes: :eek: :p ;) :eek: )

{ Did I really say that? }

J

Jessie_1

It does help a lot if you know the 'dynamics'... ;)

( And, believe me -- there are some really interesting "dynamics" on CC... :D :rolleyes: :eek: :p ;) :eek: )

{ Did I really say that? }
Yes, I'm seeing that too... I think I'll just observe for a while...:cool:

Z

Zi

not really.. I do know the difference.. you can pick at whatever you want with spelling and or grammar... its a pettty .. arguement..my key board does act up and I get tired of fixing it..
That's not a spelling error, it's a grammatical error. And it is caused by a malfunction, but not of your keyboard. It's a malfunction of the liberal, phonics based, give a trophy for just showing up educational system that has been dumbing down Americans for 50 years now. And it is important, if you don't care enough to be accurate in the little things, I can't imagine you being careful to be accurate in the big things. This is how we end up with choices like Trump vs Clinton.

Betcha wish ya had a safe place to hide in now! ;)

Z

Zi

should I be any less because Im not fortunate to have a better computer? or those who have less of an education? to be smug about spelling or grammar when you understand is just a low blow and says more about you than it does me.. i was orignally sticking up for children and this thread, like many mock more people than help... i hate stumbling blocks and they are rampant here

Z

Zi

Rz, you are usually one of the best but we all have our moments.. I wont be responding to nonsense such as above anymore.. lets get beyond things that cant be helped and on to defeating the enemy.. dont be so easily distracted.

Last edited:
G

GaryA

my key board does act up and I get tired of fixing it..
You mean --- your keyboard inserts random apostrophes in just-the-right-places to form contractions?

Wow. Your keyboard is pretty smart, but it has a bad attitude - and, it shouldn't do that to you.

BAD KEYBOARD! BAD!

S

Susanna

Safe space bar?

G

GaryA

should I be any less because Im not fortunate to have a better computer? or those who have less of an education?
No darlin' --- and, I truly hope you will soon be able to have a better computer.

to be smug about spelling or grammar when you understand is just a low blow and says more about you than it does me..
Sometimes, what you are indicating here is true. However, at other times, it may be that someone actually cares enough to encourage you to better yourself for your own sake.

Yes -- sometimes, they could handle it better, too. Like maaybeee --- PM you instead of posting it in the thread...

i was orignally sticking up for children and this thread, like many mock more people than help...
I understand. And yet - this is reality.

i hate stumbling blocks and they are rampant here
Yes, they are. So then --- you need to "grow some thicker skin" -- not to be callous - but to stand strong in the face of the adversity and affliction of the bothersome vexation of life.

Know what I mean?

J

Jessie_1

You mean --- your keyboard inserts random apostrophes in just-the-right-places to form contractions?

Wow. Your keyboard is pretty smart, but it has a bad attitude - and, it shouldn't do that to you.

BAD KEYBOARD! BAD!
People who knew me as my former name "Jodel", know I have a tendency while reading posts, to be drinking water with some kind of herb in it... and if I happen to come across an hilarious post while drinking, I bust into laughter, spewing my water all over my laptop... and the dog if she's too close. This one did it! One thing I have to say about CC, since coming here, my laptop has never been cleaner! :D:D;)

G

GaryA

People who knew me as my former name "Jodel", know I have a tendency while reading posts, to be drinking water with some kind of herb in it... and if I happen to come across an hilarious post while drinking, I bust into laughter, spewing my water all over my laptop... and the dog if she's too close. This one did it! One thing I have to say about CC, since coming here, my laptop has never been cleaner! :D:D;)
Glad I could help you 'herb' your laptop... :D

I am guessing that the name of your laptop is 'Herb' --- am I right? ;)

J

Jessie_1

Glad I could help you 'herb' your laptop... :D

I am guessing that the name of your laptop is 'Herb' --- am I right? ;)
I was thinking of naming it "Squeegie"... since I seem to be doing that to it a lot lately. And ... the "herb" for tonight is spearmint.

G

GaryA

I was thinking of naming it "Squeegie"... since I seem to be doing that to it a lot lately. And ... the "herb" for tonight is spearmint.
Right now, the "herb" in my water is 'coffee'.

Later, it might be 'mandarin orange spice'...

( Go ahead - get your squeegee -- I'll wait... )

J

Jessie_1

Right now, the "herb" in my water is 'coffee'.

Later, it might be 'mandarin orange spice'...

( Go ahead - get your squeegee -- I'll wait... )
Bwaaaaaaahahahaha...to the comment in parenthesis ... :D

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
Hi Zi. That was 50% tongue in cheek (nothing like a safe place thread to really rail somebody, right?). But stay with me here for a moment for the other 50%. OK, you say you know the difference between spelling and grammar, and yet chose to remain in error. On a simple thing like spelling and grammar. So, if someone willingly chooses to remain in known error on the little things, am I to expect any more or less from them on the big things? Sorry I'm not meaning to single you out. The whole of society could care less anymore about the details, choosing to live instead on erroneous soundbites. I mean, show of hands, how many people chose between 'the lesser of the two evils' last election? Guess what - YOU ALL CHOSE TO REMAIN IN ERROR. Even when you knew it was error.

Congress had a 6 to 10% approval rating before last year's elections. Yet the huge majority of the idiots got re-elected. PEOPLE KNOW WHAT'S WRONG AND YET THEY CHOOSE TO CONTINUE IN ERROR.

I don't want that to be safe anywhere. People have GOT to stop being so dang lazy and start giving a d@mn about the details. Because a too-lazy-to-care populace is all that satan needs to openly walk in his antichrist and condemn us all to death.

Oh, and yeah I know about keyboards. I can hit a key 10 times and maybe 7 or 8 of them will actually appear :(

But this wasn't really a keyboard issue, was it?

Sorry, don't mean to be harsh.

Last edited: