SMH,, I give up..
Lol, the truth is this is just exasperation at others, a dry wind sucking dry anyone
they come across attempting to wear them down into despair ...
SMH,, I give up..
Yeah I suppose more gentle would have been better...but he is a....Vet he can take and if he does not that is up to him....The word has to be a hammer at times that breaks the rocks...
Do you apply all doctrines to you? If so, where's your ark? Have you been to Nineveh preaching they will be destroyed in forty days? Have you faced the mark of the beast? Can you buy or sell without it? All Scripture is written for our good, but not all Scripture is written to us for direct doctrine to obey.
you seem to be stuck at first base.....this is why these conversations are lost on you....just because you cannot trust him in all areas of your life does not mean everyone else that does is engaged in works based salvation and a self rightoeus pharisee doing kingdom work under their own power....
You seem to think admitting your own humility and work-less behaviors is some noble humble badge of honor, but at its core it is selfishness and false humility, because you refuse to let go and let God have it all...you rail quite hard against absolute and total surrender to God....and hate abiding and lets not talk about bearing fruit....these things are essential for getting past first base...
What you seem to miss above all is that in all your pontification is actually works based and on your own merit...you work really hardtat making sure everyone knows its all about God and not little ole you.....when in fact this attitude is all about little ole you, because you are afraid to surrender and trust him IN ALL THINGS.....and anyone that dares does and has a a better walk with God is wrong....and doing it under their own power....
First base is understanding what Jesus did for us and not anything we do adds to it....2nd base is understanding who we are in Jesus...3rd base is understanding what Jesus has called us to do in the kingdom....home base is working into God instead of working for him or with him...
You want to stay at first base and keep others there, because past that you really have no idea whats out there, because you believe the nonsense that If I dare do anything for God it turns into personal faith and is not of God and Satan will get a rope on my personal faith....
Until Jesus tells you who you are and what you have in him...you will stay here and demand everyone do as well and continue to argue that everyone else but little ole you is engaged in works based salvation and a self rightoeus pharisee doing kingdom work under their own power....
The ability to not trust him in all your life separates the men form the boys in the Kingdom....this is just 2 old dogs fighting for top spot....
Yeah I suppose more gentle would have been better...but he is a....Vet he can take and if he does not that is up to him....The word has to be a hammer at times that breaks the rocks...
You have now joined your brother PJ in proving you have utterly no idea what I believe, and I pray that unlike him, you will repent of your misunderstanding, and try to understand..
I am not the one confused my friend, I know exactly what I am talking about..
I never said people who engaged in trusting God in areas of their lives are engaged in a works based salvation. You have now joined your brother PJ in proving you have utterly no idea what I believe, and I pray that unlike him, you will repent of your misunderstanding, and try to understand..
I have said and always said, People who do it to BE SAVED, or to keep from LOSING THEIR salvation are engaged in a works based gospel..
HUGE difference my friend..
I have been working my whole lifetime to learn and trust God more and more in all areas of my life, So if just that is being a works based person, Then I would be judging myself and my brothers and sisters who do the same.
There you go again, more slander, and false accusations.
Dude, you do not understand what I believe, Until then stop thinking your God an d you know..
Your have it right up until the last part.
Your placing doing what God commands in our daily lives as a result of salvation. so your stuck all the way back to home plate..
See, you are all about you and self righteousness,, You think you have to hit a home run to get to heaven.. Good luck with that..
welcome to Peter Jenz world of slander.. I pray again, you are not like him and actually repent and try to find what people actually believe, and not what you THINK they believe.
I have read through a lot of your previous posts....they never do tell us what you do believe....but one thing does shine through brightly...anything regarding abiding, bearing fruit, making disciples, sharing the Gospel, total surrender to the Lord Jesus Christ, and anything pertaining to becoming a new creation you without hesitation discredit, discomfit, destroy and dismantle.......why is that? Why is it that in every thread , every discussion you are there, telling people they are just works based self righteous pharisees?
I have read through a lot of your previous posts....they never do tell us what you do believe....but one thing does shine through brightly...anything regarding abiding, bearing fruit, making disciples, sharing the Gospel, total surrender to the Lord Jesus Christ, and anything pertaining to becoming a new creation you without hesitation discredit, discomfit, destroy and dismantle.......why is that? Why is it that in every thread , every discussion you are there, telling people they are just works based self righteous pharisees?
I have told you at least 20x I do not believe in a works based salvation, yet it never appeases you, and then the word games begin and the semantics and the circular logic and back to first base you take everyone...
It is so evident you don't like to be told that Jesus wants all of you and you have to surrender it all to him.....Surrender is easy when you can fully come to the place of understanding what he and he alone did for you....I f you cannot totally surrender, your are just in mental assent and easy belief....
we don't do things for the kingdom to obtain or maintain salvation or righteousness, we do it because out of love for what he has done for us....this makes about the 100th time I have posted this to you and turn right around and rant and rave that I am a works based self righteous Pharisee....
Giving him all is indeed very scary.....trust is not a measure of righteousness or salvation....but it is needed to grow up spiritually...if you want to stay still that's up to you...but stop attacking those that out of a motivation of God's love propel the kingdom for you....God's gonna ask you one day for your talent and you will unbury and tell him...here look at me, you did it all I did not have to....
I am not the one confused my friend, I know exactly what I am talking about..
Do you believe in evidence of conversion?
No he does not....
No he does not....
I figured as much. The epistle of 1 John begs to differ and shows the necessity of evidence. Thus, 1 John 5:13, often ripped from context is referring only to those who pass the test of what a believer is as qualified in this letter.
Belief has evidence.![]()
To fully understand what I'm understanding the Word Of God to say on God's grace for our salvation, we need to look at man's sinful nature. To establish we need two or three witnesses, OT, Gospels and epistles. Jesus John 8:34 "everyone that commits sin is a slave to sin" Psalm 14:1-3 “The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” They (sinners) are corrupt, they do abominable deeds; there is none who does good. 2 The Lord looks down from heaven on the children of man, to see if there are any who understand, who seek after God. 3 They have all turned aside; together they have become corrupt; there is none who does good, not even one.” The word for fool here, is the uninformed. Ephesians 2:1-3 "And you were dead in the trespasses and sins 2 in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience—3 among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind."I, for one, would like to hear you explain it more, and I don't argue, fight or get mean. Even when someone gets mean with me, I just keep on having a good conversation.I'm not so easily offended.
I have labored over this point too!
I have concluded that the faith is a small measure implanted - it is a gift or a bestowal.
What I then do with that faith is my response to the grace I've been shown in having my eyes opened. Do I keep tending to it or do I bury it and then have only the same amount when the man returns?
I think the parable of the man giving the talents and then going away and returning applies to this.
Amen brother! We are saved by a living faith (Ephesians 2:5-10) not a dead faith (James 2:14-20).I think he did just this.
Jesus made it clear. We are saved by faith.
When james states a person has a dead faith, It means that faith has no life, thus it is powerless.. Can a powerless faith save you? No. That was his point.
I think we need to be careful about assuming people that go to our churches are all saved.. There may be many in there who think they are saved, yet have not made that final real decision yet.. Even if they said a "sinners prayer" claiming they have faith in God.
We are saved by a living faith, Not a dead faith.
Amen brother! We are saved by a living faith (Ephesians 2:5-10) not a dead faith (James 2:14-20).
My ark is Jesus Christ and His resurrection(2 Peter 2). I have been preaching to men similar to the men of Nineveh, and seen them repent. I have faced the mark of the beast which has been unbelief since it was first given in John's time..
Not everyone is in a place where they cannot buy or sell, I do not belong to the Roman guilds of John's time. I was saved in the same way as Abraham was. ALL Scripture applies to me.
You have built up a fanciful picture of a period unknown to Scripture. Your interpretation of James is abysmal.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to truthhurts again.I have read through a lot of your previous posts....they never do tell us what you do believe....but one thing does shine through brightly...anything regarding abiding, bearing fruit, making disciples, sharing the Gospel, total surrender to the Lord Jesus Christ, and anything pertaining to becoming a new creation you without hesitation discredit, discomfit, destroy and dismantle.......why is that? Why is it that in every thread , every discussion you are there, telling people they are just works based self righteous pharisees?
I have told you at least 20x I do not believe in a works based salvation, yet it never appeases you, and then the word games begin and the semantics and the circular logic and back to first base you take everyone...
It is so evident you don't like to be told that Jesus wants all of you and you have to surrender it all to him.....Surrender is easy when you can fully come to the place of understanding what he and he alone did for you....I f you cannot totally surrender, your are just in mental assent and easy belief....
we don't do things for the kingdom to obtain or maintain salvation or righteousness, we do it because out of love for what he has done for us....this makes about the 100th time I have posted this to you and turn right around and rant and rave that I am a works based self righteous Pharisee....
Giving him all is indeed very scary.....trust is not a measure of righteousness or salvation....but it is needed to grow up spiritually...if you want to stay still that's up to you...but stop attacking those that out of a motivation of God's love propel the kingdom for you....God's gonna ask you one day for your talent and you will unbury and tell him...here look at me, you did it all I did not have to....