SALVATION - Is Christ Accepted By Man, Or is Man Accepted By God?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
What is the truth?
God predestined, called, justified, and glorified the believer before they were born.

God did all this before the person was born (y)

Romans 8:28-30KJV
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Romans 9:20-24KJV
20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,
24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

EmethAlethia

Sep 8, 2014
What is the truth?
Truth vs. beliefs ... If you want to hold fast to any belief(s) on the planet, do the following:

1.) Gather what you can "use" to prove your beliefs true.
2.) Gather everything you can to prove all opposing positions false.
3.) Interpret all your "selected" data above in the light of your beliefs.
4.) Interpret everything "else" in the light of 1-3 above.
5.) Ignore, discredit, invalidate, reinterpret ... anything which doesn't seem to align with your views.
6.) Hold fast to other reasons for holding fast to your positions. Your belief group is the oldest, largest, fastest growing, you had a burning in the bosom, speak in tongues, a statue of Mary came to life and said your church was the only true church ...

That will allow you to have unquestionably true beliefs in every belief group on the planet. If you want truth ... do the opposite. ANd yes, I am writing a book on the topic.

Apr 2, 2020
Christ is accepted by man, man is made acceptable to God by Christ.

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
What is the truth?
Ecclesiastes12:7 and the dust returneth to the earth as it was, and the spirit returneth unto God who gave it.
Genesis 2:7 Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living soul. See also Genesis 1:26-28

With consideration of those chapters I would say humanity is accepted by God because by his grace we are saved. He sent his only begotten son Jesus, who was God in flesh, to take the sins of the whole world upon himself on the cross. To be the propitiation for the sins of all people in all the world for eternity.

We come from God and that has been so since creations beginning. We accept God by hearkening unto the gospel message that resonates that truth within us. And that then allows us to open the door wherein the truth of God as Christ knocks (waits) for us to realize the veil of separation between ourselves and our maker is the illusion in this world.All that exists is proof of God that we have no excuse for not believing in God.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
What is the truth?
⁸ .
12But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 1 John 12 .

1 cor 1.21 , Eph 1.13-14 ,
Man accepts and believes the truth about Jesus ( the Gospel )
God is pleased to save all those that believe.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Ecclesiastes12:7 and the dust returneth to the earth as it was, and the spirit returneth unto God who gave it.
Genesis 2:7 Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living soul. See also Genesis 1:26-28

With consideration of those chapters I would say humanity is accepted by God because by his grace we are saved. He sent his only begotten son Jesus, who was God in flesh, to take the sins of the whole world upon himself on the cross. To be the propitiation for the sins of all people in all the world for eternity. what

We come from God and that has been so since creations beginning. We accept God by hearkening unto the gospel message that resonates that truth within us. And that then allows us to open the door wherein the truth of God as Christ knocks (waits) for us to realize the veil of separation between ourselves and our maker is the illusion in this world.All that exists is proof of God that we have no excuse for not believing in God.
I agree with this you say here///because by his grace we are saved. He sent his only begotten son Jesus, who was God in flesh, to take the sins of the whole world upon himself on the cross. To be the propitiation for the sins of all people in all the world for eternity. //// So why would you hold to what that article teaches ?

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
What is the truth?
The New covenant is a contract with both sides needing to fulfill their side of the agreement..

God saves us from the eternal penalty for our sins..

We believe God and trust in the Atonement that Jesus secured on the cross to pay the penalty for our sins..

God initiates the contract by giving His Word and we respond to His moving by either embracing His truth and accepting His Way or we reject the contract and do not enter into the New Covenant contract agreement with God..

So God moves a man
A man accepts the moving of the Holy Spirit
God then accepts the man, covering his sin and redeeming the man..

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
The New covenant is a contract with both sides needing to fulfill their side of the agreement..

God saves us from the eternal penalty for our sins..

We believe God and trust in the Atonement that Jesus secured on the cross to pay the penalty for our sins..

God initiates the contract by giving His Word and we respond to His moving by either embracing His truth and accepting His Way or we reject the contract and do not enter into the New Covenant contract agreement with God..

So God moves a man
A man accepts the moving of the Holy Spirit
God then accepts the man, covering his sin and redeeming the man..
Not sure what you mean by the New Covenant contract agreement with God..?

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
I agree with this you say here///because by his grace we are saved. He sent his only begotten son Jesus, who was God in flesh, to take the sins of the whole world upon himself on the cross. To be the propitiation for the sins of all people in all the world for eternity. //// So why would you hold to what that article teaches ?
What article?

OneFaith

Sep 5, 2016
We must come to Jesus, then once we do He will not leave us, and He will seek us out if we go astray.

In the old testament there was a snake statue (that represents Christ coming in the likeness of man) and if someone was bitten by a snake they could look upon this statue and not die of snake venom. This healing statue (that you see on medical to this very day) was not brought to those bitten. Those who got bitten had to go to the statue to be saved. People would go out and tell others about the statue and where to find it, but the bitten then had to go to it- just as we must come to Christ to be saved.

OneFaith

Sep 5, 2016
We must come to Jesus, then once we do He will not leave us, and He will seek us out if we go astray.

In the old testament there was a snake statue (that represents Christ coming in the likeness of man) and if someone was bitten by a snake they could look upon this statue and not die of snake venom. This healing statue (that you see on medical to this very day) was not brought to those bitten. Those who got bitten had to go to the statue to be saved. People would go out and tell others about the statue and where to find it, but the bitten then had to go to it- just as we must come to Christ to be saved.
If that’s what you mean. Otherwise, is Christ accepted by man? Sometimes. Is man accepted by God? If man accepts and obeys Christ.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Not sure what you mean by the New Covenant contract agreement with God..?
There are two covenants.. The Old covenant established between God and the decendants of abraham.. And the New Testament established by Jesus and those who believe and trust Him..The World Covanant is just an old word for an agreement / contract.. Where two parties agree to perform certain taskes for each other..

Hebrews 8 pretty much sums it up..

(Hebrews 8:1-10) "Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens; {2} A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man. {3} For every high priest is ordained to offer gifts and sacrifices: wherefore it is of necessity that this man have somewhat also to offer. {4} For if he were on earth, he should not be a priest, seeing that there are priests that offer gifts according to the law: {5} Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount. {6} But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises. {7} For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second. {8} For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: {9} Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. {10} For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:"

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
There are two covenants.. The Old covenant established between God and the decendants of abraham.. And the New Testament established by Jesus and those who believe and trust Him..The World Covanant is just an old word for an agreement / contract.. Where two parties agree to perform certain taskes for each other..

Hebrews 8 pretty much sums it up..

(Hebrews 8:1-10) "Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens; {2} A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man. {3} For every high priest is ordained to offer gifts and sacrifices: wherefore it is of necessity that this man have somewhat also to offer. {4} For if he were on earth, he should not be a priest, seeing that there are priests that offer gifts according to the law: {5} Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount. {6} But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises. {7} For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second. {8} For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: {9} Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. {10} For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:"
Isnt that still talking about ISRAEL? For a future application still to come . I don't think we see anywhere ,the Gentiles are in a covenant?

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Isnt that still talking about ISRAEL? For a future application still to come . I don't think we see anywhere ,the Gentiles are in a covenant?
Here is the New covenant in compressed form..

(Romans 10:8-9) "But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; {9} That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

We believe and Jesus saves us.. Simple contract.. We must believe to fulfill our side of the contract and God must save to fulfill his side of the contract..

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Here is the New covenant in compressed form..

(Romans 10:8-9) "But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; {9} That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

We believe and Jesus saves us.. Simple contract.. We must believe to fulfill our side of the contract and God must save to fulfill his side of the contract..
There is no ' contract ' . This is unusual terminology thats not applicable.

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
There is no ' contract ' . This is unusual terminology thats not applicable.
Question: "What is the difference between a covenant and a contract?"

Answer:
On one level, the terms covenant and contract are used interchangeably. However, there are some finer distinctions between the two.

A contract is a rather modern legal construct. It is a legally binding agreement to do or not do something. It often includes penalties for a breach of contract. If the contract is breached and penalties are paid, then the payment is considered to be adequate compensation for the breach of contract. There is not necessarily any moral failing involved in the breach. If a person breaches the contract but willingly pays the penalties, this is not seen as a moral failing, because the contract assumes the possibility of a breach. As an example, if a tenant signs a one-year lease for an apartment with a $1,000 penalty for breaking the lease early, and then the tenant wants to get out of the lease and pays the penalty, then all is well. The tenant broke the lease, and the landlord was compensated according to the contract. The landlord may not be happy about it, and the tenant may not be happy to pay the penalty, but both did what they said they would do.

A covenant is an ancient construct wherein two parties promise to do something or not do something. Because of the fallen nature of humanity, the covenant may include penalties for breaking the covenant, but, unlike a contract, it is considered immoral to break a covenant—it is a betrayal of trust. There is never a sense in which it is morally upright for a person to break a covenant, even if the covenant-breaker is willing to pay the penalties.

The difference between a contract and a covenant can be illustrated in current attitudes about marriage. Some people approach marriage as a contract between two parties. They both willingly enter into the marriage contract, and, later, if one or both of them want to exit the relationship, they simply negotiate the payments and penalties (alimony, splitting property, custody agreement for kids, etc.) and move on without any moral stigma. Some couples go into marriage with a prenuptial agreement that outlines, before the couple is even married, how the payments and property will be split in a divorce.

Biblically speaking, marriage is not a contract but a covenant between two people with God and the rest of the community as witnesses. One should not enter marriage with an eye to what will happen if or, in the case of some couples, when the marriage is dissolved. Marriage is meant to be for life, and there is always a moral component and a moral failing, by one or both parties, when a marriage fails. The breaking of the marriage covenant involves the violent separation of the “one flesh” that was created by the marriage. While the Bible does allow for divorce in certain cases (see Matthew 19:19 and 1 Corinthians 7:15), this is not what God intended. “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’ ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate” (Mark 10:6–9).

God is a covenant-keeping God, and Christians should be covenant-keeping people. We should honor our word and keep our promises, even when there is not an official contract in place. Every promise that a Christian makes should be considered a covenant. The command is to “simply let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’ ‘No’” (Matthew 5:37, BSB).