Saved "All my life" Is NOT a possibiliy nor Biblical

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

1still_waters

Jeremiah 1

[SUP]4 [/SUP]The word of the Lord came to me, saying,
[SUP]5 [/SUP]“Before I formed you in the womb I knew[SUP][a][/SUP] you,
before you were born I set you apart;
I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”

Romans 9
[SUP]16 [/SUP]It does not, therefore, depend on human desire or effort, but on God’s mercy. [SUP]17 [/SUP]For Scripture says to Pharaoh: “I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.”[SUP][g][/SUP] [SUP]18 [/SUP]Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden.

Bookends

Aug 28, 2012
Unless you were born-again rather early.

Also, you falsely assume born-again = sinner's prayer. That is patently false, John 1:13 says a person is born of God, not by human decision.
In all due respect, all this verse is saying is that God is the only one who can regenerate a person, it is only through Christ's work (suffering and death) where by someone can be saved. It does not go on to say that a human decision isn't involved in receiving this work and gift of God. It does not say that God is the caused agent or catalyst behind the persons decision to accept or reject this gift. Although He is the outside influential force behind it, in that He leads us to (wooing of the HS) that place of acceptance.

In John 6, Jesus states:
[SUP]28 [/SUP]Then they said to Him, “What shall we do, that we may work the works of God?”

[SUP]29 [/SUP]Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent.”

Do you see that? God is at work helping us to believe in Him, if your view of predestination is true, Jesus should have left the "that you believe" out and said "this is the work of God, that you do believe, or can believe..." but no, Jesus IMO is make a statement in that it is our responsibility to believe.

Same with Romans 1, Paul says that every man is without excuse, because God's attributes are clearly seen by what He has made. But men, knowing God already, rejected Him because of their love for darkness. This again puts the responsibility on man to believe. Not that God has preordained some men to believe and others not to believe in the individual sense, but only in the sense that God has ordained that some would believe in the broader sense of His Church, a corporate following. God wants to have a people unto Himself. Proverbs 13:9 also backs this up, that everyman has some light, but some do not seek after it:

The light of the righteous rejoices, but the lamp of the wicked is snuffed out.
And Job 18:5, "Indeed, the light of the wicket goes out, and the flame of it's fire gives no light."

Also 1 Tim. 2:4 refutes the idea that God decides which individual He saves and condemns to Hell, although He already knows what choices we will make.
2 Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, [SUP]2 [/SUP]for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. [SUP]3 [/SUP]For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, [SUP]4 [/SUP]who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. [SUP]5 [/SUP]For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, [SUP]6 [/SUP]who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time, [SUP]7 [/SUP]for which I was appointed a preacher and an apostle—I am speaking the truth in Christ[SUP][a][/SUP] and not lying—a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth.
Well, I doubt very much what I said will get you re-evaluate this concept of predestination. I just thought another view point was needed. I have no ill feelings about you because of this. There are lots of good people out there who I respect and listen too who hold your view. Peace out bro, may Christ fill you more and more with His love and mercy.

Last edited:

onlinebuddy

Sep 1, 2012
Dear CC family,
The question in the "About me" section is: When saved?

TO ME, THE QUESTION IS SO SIMPLE!!!!!!!!!!

The question is about WHAT I KNOW about my salvation (and not about what God knows).

=============================================
While answering this question the following topics are BESIDES THE POINT (I would not confuse myself with the foll. topics):
>What God knows about my salvation status
>Is an infant saved?
>God's calling
>Original Sin
>The thief on the cross
>Does God consider me as saved
>Have I finished the race
>What does the Judgement (Seat) of 2 Cor 5: 10 entail
>Penal Substitution

To me the question, "when saved," simply means, "When did you make a decision to follow Christ?" OR "When did you make a decision to put God first?" OR "When did you make a decision to leave your life of sin?"

Although salvation is a continuous process, all of us know WHEN we made that personal decision to commit ourselves to Christ (although the time is not important).

Let us note that the "Prodigal Son" was always (nominally) the son of his father. However, he was never truly a real son (by heart) till the time he came to his senses; repented of his sinful life and decided to live as an unworthy servant of his father. That was the point of salvation for him, just to draw an analogy.

SO, WHEN WAS I SAVED?
AT BIRTH?
At birth, GOD KNEW, what the outcome of my life would be (whether I would be saved or not). I did not know. Therefore I cannot say that I was saved at birth.

AS AN INFANT?
I was born in a Christian family; was baptized as an infant. At my baptism, my parents took the vow, and therefore it was NOT MY DECISION. Therefore I can't write that I was saved as an infant.

AS A TEENAGER of about 13 yrs?
I was "confirmed" as per the traditions of my church. This was a deadline set by my church, that every child must be confirmed (into the body or into the Church) by the age of 12 or 13. Yes, I had faith in Jesus and prayed daily and confessed and attended church. However, they never actually taught me about denying myself and repenting of my sins, without which one can't be saved. Yes, I was generally taught that I must not sin, but no one stressed on the importance of repentance. No one taught me about how bad lust was. All teachings were general and superficial. My Christian friends did not view women with purity,and neither did I. In fact, no one taught us about purity. I had the faith, but mere faith does not save you (Do I see a discussion coming on?) Furthermore, I was too young to commit my life to Christ. Yes, I know that repentance is possible before this age; however it did not happen with me. So, I cannot write that I was saved at 13.

AS A TEENAGER of about 19 yrs?
When I was 19, I studied the Bible, confessed my sins, repented and was baptized as an adult. THAT WAS MY DECISION in obedience to the commands of Jesus and in compliance to the practices of the Apostles in the Book of Acts. That's when I believe all my sins were washed away and when I received the gift of the Holy Spirit. I was ready to live my Christian life!

Therefore my bio says that (to the best of my knowledge) I was saved in 1988, when I was 19 yrs old!

SO, DEAR BROTHERS AND SISTERS, WHEN WOULD YOU SAY I WAS SAVED?