Say Something Weird About Yourself

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

LittleMermaid

I like looking at pictures of people with hives or other skin conditions. I know it's strange and I have often wondered if others do that too. I don't know what it is but I really enjoy looking at photos of problem skin. One of the ones I often search is allergy testing. It's oddly satisfying. This is what I am talking about...
I want to take one of these tests someday and take a bunch of selfies! :eek::p

It's just so interesting how the skin reacts to different things. That's one of the weirdest things about me. :p
What's something weird about you?

Last edited by a moderator:
L

LittleMermaid

I want to add that I don't take pleasure in other people's pain. I see it more as kind of medically interesting. I do hope these people receive healing...but it's just oddly satisfying like I said above. I don't know why that is.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Now I feel itchy all over.

I would post something weird about me, but I gotta go scratch for a while. >.<

T

toinena

Isn't the bassoon-thing about me weird enough?

Or the soap collection?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Ah, I'm better now. And I will carefully avoid scanning that OP again. So, something weird about myself...

Repost from a 2014 thread I started:
I have noticed over the years that some people seem to think I am weird. Not that I go out of my way to do things just because they are weird. I just do what works for me. But boy, "what works for me" sometimes sure does get a lot of comments.

These are the ways in which many people think I am weird:

1. I sleep on an air mattress, have for more than 15 years and wouldn't have anything else. I think they're very comfortable.

2. I wear toe shoes, or zero-drop shoes if I'm going somewhere I don't want comments on the toe shoes. Not as a fashion statement, but for comfort. "Normal" shoes are thicker at the heel than at the toe, which forces a heel-toe stride. I have always found that unnatural and I couldn't wait to get home and get my shoes off. When I got my first pair of toe shoes... well, that was the first time I had ever felt like dancing across a gravel driveway. But people think they are weird. If they don't comment about the toes they think it's weird that I walk with a stride as though I were barefoot. Well... that's the way my feet were designed to walk.

3. I like many different styles of music. All the music in my collection is christian, but from all across the genre board. This is weird compared to most people, who narrow down on one or two styles to the exclusion of everything else.

4. Although I like many styles of music, I don't like most of any style. About 70% of christian music - in ALL styles - is just put out to make a buck, sell an album, put on a show. The 30% that is anointed is worth digging for though.

5. I sleep in whatever clothes I was wearing that day. I see no reason to dirty up a pair of pajamas when I'm already wearing clothes. I don't know why this is weird, but it has also gathered a lot of comments.

6. If I'm in a hurry at work and don't have time to take a break, I will usually pop a can of (insert vegetable or soup here, green beans, kiddley beans (I said kiddley diddle I?), sweet peas, clam chowder, whatever) and eat a bite when I pass the break room. What? They cook it when they can it you know. But you would not believe the comments I've gotten because I don't dirty up a bowl to heat it up.

7. I like good quality food regardless of popularity, price or what is the accepted norm. I like chocolate, but can't stand hershey. I like cheese, but american cheese is a waste of chewing effort. I like food of all kinds, including brussels sprouts, asparagus, pan-fried chicken livers, etc, but can't stand fast food. This has raised a few eyebrows among my friends, all of whom think Hardees burgers are great.

8. I sometimes eat non-breakfast foods for breakfast, like lasagna or tuna fish. And if I want a scrambled egg for supper I'll scramble one. I don't know why this is weird, but I have gotten a lot of comments on it. I'll eat what I want when I want.

9. My shirts have a pocket in the shoulder, underneath the shirt. I keep my phone there. I gave a friend a bunch of shirts and she sewed the pockets in for me. It's the handiest thing I've ever found in textiles, because I can tie up most of my earbud cord, put the phone in my shoulder pocket and listen to music without that long cord hanging down. But a lot of people have given that weird looks too.

There are probably more weird things about me, but I can't think of any others right now.

See, I have gradually realized that once you get a little perspective about what is important, you stop caring so much about what the majority thinks and you are a lot more free to live your life the way you want. People may call you weird for some things, but life is too short to avoid some things just because a lot of people think it is weird. "Just because everybody does it doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." By the same token, just because most people don't do something doesn't mean it's not something I should try. Most people don't do almost all the things their doctors tell them after all...
Link to the thread in question:
http://christianchat.com/christian-singles-forum/98096-weird.html

T

toinena

About the phone. I think the shoulder pocket idea was brilliant. Much better the keeping it in the bra (looking down at my square breast)!

Canned food, not that weird. No pyjamas? Who should you dress up for in bed, and if you had someone it would be dark anyway. Only weird thing in your post, Lynx, was the toe shoes. Not because it is weird in it self, but I have no idea how they look like. And if the foot is happy, the back is happy, the neck and most likely your mind, too.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
All I know is, at the end of a long day at w*rk my ankles used to ache. Now they don't.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
What if there's nothing weird to say about myself?

What if I'm just like everyone else except for that one giant eyeball thing?

A

AuntieAnt

I am prone to ridiculous excitement and awe whenever a military jet does a low flyby.

Case in point:

[video=youtube;Wa_KrNNebzU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa_KrNNebzU[/video]

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
I like looking at pictures of people with hives or other skin conditions. I know it's strange and I have often wondered if others do that too. I don't know what it is but I really enjoy looking at photos of problem skin. One of the ones I often search is allergy testing. It's oddly satisfying. This is what I am talking about...
I want to take one of these tests someday and take a bunch of selfies! :eek::p

It's just so interesting how the skin reacts to different things. That's one of the weirdest things about me. :p
What's something weird about you?
I'll let you pick at my zits.

J

joefizz

I knew this day would eventually come,post a fact thread told a little but weirdness well this may tell alot lol...
I tend to use my tongue to kind of brush/floss my teeth making sure there is nothing from food there after meals or if my teeth feel uncomfortable though I brush with a tooth brush,use mouth wash,and floss my teeth.(perfectionist habit),I don't take vitamins because they seem like extra to me and prefer to get vitamins naturally through food and sunlight,I have a fondness for organizing picture collages and other assorted items such vcr tapes,games,and miscellaneous items,I don't like using pocket knives or work knives for any work including in my current job,I suppose because they tend to cut me easily so I prefer pliers for cutting things like plastic straps or boxes.

J

joefizz

I never shave my face using any razor I only use scissors because I don't want to have a bushy thick mustache or beard growing in.
I like rolls as a side food with any meal,I like onions on hamburgers for flavoring a burger but take them off because I don't like eating them.
I typically can't stand using any public rest room unless I absolutely have to and I typically won't use anyone's home rest room if I have to use it for more than just a quick visit because I self consciously don't want to be "rude" and I have been known to stop up toilets in the past unintentionally so there's that dread that I might do that too that I consider.

J

joefizz

Around any female I respectfully try my utmost not to pass gas no matter how much it may hurt my insides.

J

joefizz

I wear two shirts(normal shirt,under shirt)all day every day typically along with a belt on my pants so as to minimize any chance of being "revealing" at work or otherwise,and can't stand striped shirts.

stand2

Dec 6, 2017
I have never known fear............now, about terror....

TMI Joe...........and Tom, your just plain weird.

J

joefizz

(wonders if stand 2 overlooked thread title)

J

joefizz

How do you feel after said experience?