scary dreams.. do they hold a message?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Sunlight77

Member
Feb 3, 2018
164
106
43
Hi,

I wanted to come chat about some of the dreams I've been having recently. I don't know if it's just me, what I'm watching, or who or what I am around.. but I keep having these repeated dreams of spiders and spider webs. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night looking above me to see if any webs are around me. I don't know what the spiders in the dream represent or if they mean anything at all. I just hate having dreams of spiders. I even had a dream about snakes earlier in the year and it scared me so bad because prior to the dream of snakes, I haven't ever dreamed about snakes before in my life.. so I am wondering do these dreams mean anything. I am praying and praying. Hopefully I get some answers to ease my mind. Anyway, thank you for reading.
 
I'm of the belief Christians try too hard to turn ordinary things I to spiritual things. Dreams especially. People dream. Sometimes bad dreams.
As a kid until my early teens I only had bad dreams. And it took years for them to become less and less frequent until now where I don't have many. Am I going to spiritualize that? Nope. And I going to ask random strangers on the internet to tell me about them? Nope.
True, God says He will speak on dream, but surprisingly enough many Christians speak against my thoughts on them.
A) don't look for meaning in dreams but wait to see if something seems to stand out
B) if it stands out pray about it instead of get others opinions. If God sent it He'll also reveal it in His time.
Nothing to worry about it ponder on.
 
They do mean something.It means you are afraid of spiders and snakes,lol.

I do not ever try to interpret my dreams, but my dreams do tend to be normal, and not nightmares, and if I do dream of spiders and snakes I still do not see it as a nightmare, but a dream of spiders and snakes.

This has not happened in a long time, but years ago when I was about to fall asleep I would hear a knock on the door, or the window, and I looked it up and other people heard it too, but of course, but what is weird is that the people said the knocks most likely will come in 3 knocks, which is how I heard it, and that is weird why it is 3 knocks and that is what people hear.

Stress, eating before bed, can have an effect on our dreams, and we can have weird dreams.

The more relaxed our brain the less likely to dream anything scary, or weird, for it is thinking on a more normal level, and not repeating itself but moving forward, and being positive.

Some people will worry themselves in to a frenzy, and develop stress, and then wonder what is wrong with them, when stop worrying.

I would not even try to interpret dreams for one night you can dream of playing baseball, and another time about spiders.

Stress can cause us to have scary, or weird dreams, and eating before bed can give us energy that goes to the mind and makes it a little active, but then again spiders and snakes are part of the natural world, and do exist, and some people are afraid of them, so they might dream of them, for a dream can be negative within what is negative in the world of our dislikes and does not have to have any meaning behind those dreams other than we dreamed of spiders and snakes that are part of the natural world that we know exist.
 
They do mean something.It means you are afraid of spiders and snakes,lol.

I do not ever try to interpret my dreams, but my dreams do tend to be normal, and not nightmares, and if I do dream of spiders and snakes I still do not see it as a nightmare, but a dream of spiders and snakes.

This has not happened in a long time, but years ago when I was about to fall asleep I would hear a knock on the door, or the window, and I looked it up and other people heard it too, but of course, but what is weird is that the people said the knocks most likely will come in 3 knocks, which is how I heard it, and that is weird why it is 3 knocks and that is what people hear.

Stress, eating before bed, can have an effect on our dreams, and we can have weird dreams.

The more relaxed our brain the less likely to dream anything scary, or weird, for it is thinking on a more normal level, and not repeating itself but moving forward, and being positive.

Some people will worry themselves in to a frenzy, and develop stress, and then wonder what is wrong with them, when stop worrying.

I would not even try to interpret dreams for one night you can dream of playing baseball, and another time about spiders.

Stress can cause us to have scary, or weird dreams, and eating before bed can give us energy that goes to the mind and makes it a little active, but then again spiders and snakes are part of the natural world, and do exist, and some people are afraid of them, so they might dream of them, for a dream can be negative within what is negative in the world of our dislikes and does not have to have any meaning behind those dreams other than we dreamed of spiders and snakes that are part of the natural world that we know exist.

There's truth to this.. lol.. maybe I'm over thinking but the dream about snakes got me thinking different because I never think about snakes.. but who knows lol
 
Most dreams are just ordinary dreams.

I do get quite a lot of Godly dreams where God has shown me things in dreams.
They tend to be very detailed, colourful, the feel of them is different there is a sense of
wonder, excitement, joy, learning about them. They mostly tend to be symbolic too.
Over the years God has taught me what certain symbols mean and when I catch on,
He repeats the symbolism.

By contrast I have had a few demonic dreams, thankfully not very many. The feel is
totally different, the colours are dark, sickly, lurid greens, and other sickly colours.
They bring a feeling of fear, vileness, dread. Sometimes they are accompanied by awful
noises, screeching, screaming, dogs barking.

Im just explaining to you, as the feel of the dream and it’s detail, is just as important as the
dream itself.

Ive dreampt of snakes, one was of being attacked and separated from others, it felt like
I was being warned of spiritual attack.

Another example, a family member who wasn’t a Christian, once told me of a dream in which
he was in his living room. A large snake was circling around and around the walls of the room.
The dream scared him silly.
I knew instantly what it was, at the time he had acrophobia and he was trapped at home. The
dream revealed the nature of his captivity. I didn’t tell him as he wouldn’t have understood. But
I started to pray for him in a different way after that. Some time later he managed to
conquer his fears and started going out of the house. He still struggles with this and some days
can’t leave the house. But for the most last he can now travel in cars and buses as well.