Science and God

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

biabia

Switch on your computer - that's science. Go to your doctor -science. Drive a car, use a phone, open your refrigerator or microwave your dinner .... all science.
We have "faith" in this science every day - rarely even thinking about it.

But .... let science suggest an alternative to the biblical creation story or Noah's 'ark' or even climate-change
and so many Christians go bonkers !
That is not logical, Mr Spock.
The following people have faith in God and discover mathematical break-through that we use today. It is their faith in God that brought them to their own conclusion.

Channa

Mar 1, 2014
The film "The Genesis code" may help you
[video=youtube;p-DqLmronQs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-DqLmronQs[/video]

Jun 30, 2011
Ok so, I have many reasons to never doubt the existence of God. God has been my strength for so many years. But even with all of that I still dont understand: the Big Bang, evolution... All of that. Now, I want everyone to understand, I was never really interested in science. I never cared enough to think about it outside of class, but now these things are sort of "crashing" with the existence of God. And now I suddenly see how Christians don't want to believe in dinosaurs anymore.... It's confusing to me!
Can someone please explain to me or give me something to read about it, cz I want an explanation from someone who believes in God. Not just to tell me, "the bible says so". I really need an explanation... :/
If your 19 you should be able to do the research on your own, but if you want some good imput, go to thecreationtutor.com - good free powerpoints on - The Flood, evolution, creation - dinosaurs - set up so Middle Schoolers could easily understand

Jun 30, 2011
Switch on your computer - that's science. Go to your doctor -science. Drive a car, use a phone, open your refrigerator or microwave your dinner .... all science.

But .... let science suggest an alternative to the biblical creation story or Noah's 'ark' or even climate-change

You confuse Science - Observable, Testable, repeatable with history - history is not Science - so throw out evolution all together as a hopes for "science"

Calmador

Jun 23, 2011
Hey XrisSimo

I'm want to share 2 links regarding dinosaurs and I will make an argument and case for how dinosaurs actually support the idea of a creator.

Here's some videos of another scientist who found a dinosaur tissue and you can notice in their conversation that they themselves found it hard to believe that dinosaur tissue lasted this long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxkeWPCoaec

Here is a video of Mark Armitage, a scientist, who presents his work and more. He shows his dinosaur findings and others that contradict the idea of evolution... regarding the world being millions of years old. It's super long but I think it's EXACTLY what your looking for. =]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqDV_MTQSxg

Last edited:
B

biabia

I dedicated this song to you:
[video=youtube;0wrsZog8qXg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wrsZog8qXg&feature=youtu.be[/video]

B

biabia

`Such Great Heights' by Postal Service has achieved great success. Featured in `Garden State' it became a cult classic on and off screen. It was penned by Ben Gibbard of `Death Cab for Cutie' fame.

In an interview he said it was `is the first time I've ever written a positive love song, where it's a song about being in love and how it's rad'.

From early on the tone is set that it is about his devotion to his partner and how things seem perfectly orchestrated for their relationship. Not by magic but rather God.

`I am thinking it's a sign that the freckles,

in our eyes are mirror images and when,

we kiss they're perfectly aligned'

B

biabia

Okay, so maybe science can explain love as a firing of neurons in our brain, in a certain neurton pathway pattern...

but can science explain, unconditional love? Grace... giving the very best of yourself to someone else who doesn't deserve it at all? To give your only best cloth you have on your back for a homeless person? Or dare to say, your only most beloved Son (treasured) for us? Are we that worth it? Can science please explain this? This goes against my logic.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

biabia

Because we all know what technology/science does to solve problem. Reset, switch OFF and ON, power down, power cycle, refresh memory, default setting, unplug - plug back in, refresh BIOS.. 1 to 0...then 0 to 1... replace parts. Us human don't make things out of thin air or to be more precise vacuum state (in quantum field theory)...

I don't think science or technology is in the business of salvaging something so worthless and so unrepairable.. and turning it back to new again? We human can't even do that, let alone think that way logic. It ain't worth our time, the cost is to high, it ain't profitable.. For a "someone" out there to think this way... they would have to see a bigger picture! One that goes against our logic at this, very moment in time, our centenary and really goes against every logic and every physic law to make this possible.. This doesn't sound like human to me or logic.

Dec 1, 2014
I have no real issues with the Big Bang theory, speaking as a licensed minister. Think about it...the claim is that the very particles of the universe are still moving away from the central explosion. Let's look at this in a spiritual way...GOD SPOKE in an audible voice and said, "LET THERE BE..." suddenly...there was something that came from NOTHING..total void and darkness took back step as GOD flung the universe in all directions, as a painter using a palette. Now, take all those still moving particles and lets begin to back them up. What do you have? ALL matter, all particles, begin to reverse back to a single moment in time..to the same place...and, isn't that how GOD did it? In one single micro-second..HIS voice spoke it all into existence and BLAME! there was LIGHT, there was the heavenlies, and much more from the vibration of HIS voice.

A

Anneliese

Because we all know what technology/science does to solve problem. Reset, switch OFF and ON, power down, power cycle, refresh memory, default setting, unplug - plug back in, refresh BIOS.. 1 to 0...then 0 to 1... replace parts. Us human don't make things out of thin air or to be more precise vacuum state (in quantum field theory)...

I don't think science or technology is in the business of salvaging something so worthless and so unrepairable.. and turning it back to new again? We human can't even do that, let alone think that way logic. It ain't worth our time, the cost is to high, it ain't profitable.. For a "someone" out there to think this way... they would have to see a bigger picture! One that goes against our logic at this, very moment in time, our centenary and really goes against every logic and every physic law to make this possible.. This doesn't sound like human to me or logic.
oh, that's deep!

T

Tintin

I have no real issues with the Big Bang theory, speaking as a licensed minister. Think about it...the claim is that the very particles of the universe are still moving away from the central explosion. Let's look at this in a spiritual way...GOD SPOKE in an audible voice and said, "LET THERE BE..." suddenly...there was something that came from NOTHING..total void and darkness took back step as GOD flung the universe in all directions, as a painter using a palette. Now, take all those still moving particles and lets begin to back them up. What do you have? ALL matter, all particles, begin to reverse back to a single moment in time..to the same place...and, isn't that how GOD did it? In one single micro-second..HIS voice spoke it all into existence and BLAME! there was LIGHT, there was the heavenlies, and much more from the vibration of HIS voice.
There are many, many problems with the Big Bang Theory. Evolutionists just hold to it as a pet belief because they can't kill their darlings.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Science and God is one of the main battles between believers and non believers but as for me I believe science and God fit together perfectly. there is mans understanding of science and then there's God's, science is real and exists, why is that? Because God created it. The big bang theory and such and dinosaurs and cave men and such while I do not claim to know or understand how they fit into the puzzle i understand that my thoughts are not his thoughts so my understanding of science- well....

W

WolfGaming

Just go and watch some videos about what Kent Hovind talks about then get your brain blown up put your brain soup back in and realize that you have only seen 2 minutes of the 3 hour long video.

T

Tintin

Just go and watch some videos about what Kent Hovind talks about then get your brain blown up put your brain soup back in and realize that you have only seen 2 minutes of the 3 hour long video.
Kent Hovind? He's entertaining, but I suggest that you check out talks by credible scientists from Creation Ministries International, Answers In Genesis, and the Institute for Creation Research.

Mar 21, 2015
.... I suggest that you check out talks by credible scientists from Creation Ministries International, Answers In Genesis, and the Institute for Creation Research.
Well TinTin, you might find those guys "credible". Because they agree with your preconceived notions based on ancient tribal myths and legends ?
I don't.
Name one of them who is acknowledged by his independent, secular peers as being a genuine paleontologist or similar.

T

Tintin

Well TinTin, you might find those guys "credible". Because they agree with your preconceived notions based on ancient tribal myths and legends ?
I don't.
Name one of them who is acknowledged by his independent, secular peers as being a genuine paleontologist or similar.
And you don't see the bias you have? At least I acknowledge that my bias is the very Word of God. You do no such thing in regards to your beliefs. Yawn.

A

AgeofKnowledge

Only sharing one creation model isn't as helpful as sharing them all and allowing people to make informed choices. Also for study are:

Reasons To Believe
Reasons To Believe : Where Modern Science & Faith Converge

God and Science
Evidence for God from Science

Biologos
BioLogos: Science and faith in harmony

Here you go...

Three biblically-sound Christian websites centered around science and faith:
I encourage you to check them all out (especially the first two). There's a Search function and plenty of articles to explore. Enjoy!

Creation Ministries International
Creation | Creation Ministries International

Answers In Genesis
https://answersingenesis.org/

Institute for Creation Research
The Institute for Creation Research | The Institute for Creation Research

T

Tintin

Only sharing one creation model isn't as helpful as sharing them all and allowing people to make informed choices. Also for study are:

Reasons To Believe
Reasons To Believe : Where Modern Science & Faith Converge

God and Science
Evidence for God from Science

Biologos
BioLogos: Science and faith in harmony
True. I don't think much of BioLogos etc. but yes, it's important to present those that exist and let people make up their own minds. But evolution only presents one story. If you don't believe it, you're considered a Bronze Age nomad. It's so stupid! I just linked to the biblical creation model because I believe it holds great respect for the Bible and is consistent, reasonable and good exegesis. Also, because it doesn't get much air-time.