Scripture Based Flat Earth Proposition

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Zandar

May 16, 2023
I've read some aussies say the globe version is correct and I've also read some that say by traveling the whole distance it takes twice as long as it should. So I don't know but it is interesting.

UnoiAmarah

Jul 28, 2017
I've read some aussies say the globe version is correct and I've also read some that say by traveling the whole distance it takes twice as long as it should. So I don't know but it is interesting.
So they both agree that the flat earth map is totally wrong regarding the size of Australia. Have you ever crossed the George Washington bridge going into NYC, it takes 20x + longer than it should, but that doesn't change the distance.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
So Australia is over 6,250 miles wide?

View attachment 264721
Pretty sure it's not. Flights from one side to the other can take as little as 3.75 hours. Even if plane travels at ~1000km/h, that's about 3750km. In all likelihood, probably closer to 3200km.

But just because maps are inaccurate doesn't mean the Earth is a ball.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
Pretty sure it's not. Flights from one side to the other can take as little as 3.75 hours. Even if plane travels at ~1000km/h, that's about 3750km. In all likelihood, probably closer to 3200km.

Just looked again. 3.75h was a flight Perth to Melbourne, which appears not quite straight across. A flight Perth to Sydney would be about 4.5hours, so I guess distance could be as high as 4500km (again, 1000km/h is said to be fast for a plane, but possible).

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
:) The natural physics of water is to find and maintain its level. If Earth were a giant sphere tilted, wobbling and hurdling through infinite space then truly flat, consistently level surfaces would not exist here. But since Earth is in fact an extended flat plane, this fundamental physical property of fluids finding and remaining level is consistent with experience and common sense.
I am frequently amazed by the ridiculous claims of people who clearly have never taken a course in Physics. Water on Earth “finds its level” only over small distances. Over large distances, it curves with the surface of the planet.

MerSee

Jan 13, 2024
I am frequently amazed by the ridiculous claims of people who clearly have never taken a course in Physics. Water on Earth “finds its level” only over small distances. Over large distances, it curves with the surface of the planet.
A Water Level Measures Level Water! Is There Anything Which Can be Used to Detect Curved Water?

Cold

Apr 18, 2024
There is no such thing as Satellites.

If you believe Satellites exist, please post a picture of a group of Satellites. Please do not post A CGI.
Nah mate. I answered your question. The question never involved supplying proof for the answers own existence.

Cold

Apr 18, 2024
Your error exposes itself.
Not surprising. I'm an idiot. What do you expect from me? I can't even prove rockets are real. How do you expect me to prove satellites exist?

Sculpt

Apr 18, 2021
There is no such thing as Satellites.

If you believe Satellites exist, please post a picture of a group of Satellites. Please do not post A CGI.
lol "Post a picture of a group of Satellites"? A "group"? Well, you see satellites, like Great White sharks, are solitary creatures...

I've seen satellites with my naked eye many times. I've seen rockets with a satellite payload, fly up into orbit, day and nighttime. What possesses you to say there's no such thing as satellites?

MerSee

Jan 13, 2024
lol "Post a picture of a group of Satellites"? A "group"? Well, you see satellites, like Great White sharks, are solitary creatures...

I've seen satellites with my naked eye many times. I've seen rockets with a satellite payload, fly up into orbit, day and nighttime. What possesses you to say there's no such thing as satellites?

Cold

Apr 18, 2024
I could be wrong, but didn't SpaceX launch a cluster of satellites? I never watch news but I vaguely recall Starlink being something like that.

UnoiAmarah

Jul 28, 2017

But it proves the earth isn't flat.