Scrupulousity

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
Sooo I think I finally know my problem. It's a thing called Scrupulousity or The Doubting disease or Religous OCD. It's a variant form of OCD that can be found when a person with history of OCD becomes more religious and I've read several Christian articles on how it's the opposite of what God wants for me. It's a on and off doubt of salvation, morality and everything else. It tends too put a barrier. However I found out that people who suffer from it are very serious about there faith so I will take comfort in that so please some prayers so I can find the right help.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Scruples are a serious manifestation of spiritual insecurity and leads to a very troubled mind at times. I will pray that God provides you spiritual clarity of thought, wisdom, and comfort.

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
Scruples are a serious manifestation of spiritual insecurity and leads to a very troubled mind at times. I will pray that God provides you spiritual clarity of thought, wisdom, and comfort.
Thank you im glad I know the problem and it has a name. That and admitting it is the first step 😊

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Article:

TREATMENT:

Treatment is similar to that for other forms of obsessive–compulsive disorder.[18] Exposure and response prevention (ERP), a form of behavior therapy, is widely used for OCD in general and may be promising for scrupulosity in particular.[1][2] ERP is based on the idea that deliberate repeated exposure to obsessional stimuli lessens anxiety, and that avoiding rituals lowers the urge to behave compulsively. For example, with ERP a person obsessed by blasphemous thoughts while reading the Bible would practice reading the Bible.[18][19]However, ERP is considerably harder to implement than with other disorders, because scrupulosity often involves spiritual issues that are not specific situations and objects. For example, ERP is not appropriate for a man obsessed by feelings that God has rejected and is punishing him. Cognitive therapy may be appropriate when ERP is not feasible.[1] Other therapy strategies include noting contradictions between the compulsive behaviors and moral or religious teachings, and informing individuals that for centuries religious figures have suggested strategies similar to ERP.[18] Religious counseling may be an additional way to readjust beliefs associated with the disorder, though it may also stimulate greater anxiety.[1]

(found here)

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=Awr...pulosity/RK=2/RS=0g3AGJwdZLSpHqLu7ysDIMAq2_M-

Leastamongmany

Jun 2, 2019
Usa
Wow. Thank you for your open honesty! God will be your guide as you seek help. Prayers are being offfered on your behalf now! The is NOTHING we can not overcome in Jesus name if it is contrary to His word! May His peace reign in your heart!🙏🙏🙏

Leastamongmany

Jun 2, 2019
Usa
Wow. Thank you for your open honesty! God will be your guide as you seek help. Prayers are being offfered on your behalf now! The is NOTHING we can not overcome in Jesus name if it is contrary to His word! May His peace reign in your heart!🙏🙏🙏
ISN'T CONTRARY☺☺☺