Seeing Good Things In Other Religions Like Muslims Helps Build Friendships

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
When we as Christians reach out to other religions with the love of Christ we can build friendships by seeing things we have in common and positive things in their religion as well as seeing ways our own faith can grow and reach out to all people.

For instance, many Muslim women wear natural modest long dresses which is something many Christian women wear. And many Christian women also wear hair coverings similar to Muslim women.

Also black Burka's (black clothing) is something that some Christian women also have worn, such as nuns, to set them apart from non-religious women, and as an expression of humility and repentance.

Muslims also have great respect for their holy scriptures and have traditional holy days and fasting similar to some Christians, as well as discipline that builds character and humble reverence for God as they understand Him through their scriptures.
Hello Herald, where then do we draw the line? I mean do you agree Jesus is the only way, the truth, and the life? Is not the biggest component of our faith believing in the One true God, the One who gave His only begotten son. If the lines get skewed, what then do we believe?

I agree we are to love our enemies, but that does not mean we stand with them and their beliefs.

K

kaylagrl

As Christians we are wealthy to have hit the "holy lottery" of religions. However that is a call to our Grace and Longsuffering to those who did not. After all, there will not be a multiple choice quiz at the gate of Heaven for those who happened to pick the correct earthly religion. Don't be a modern pharisee and look down your nose at the unlucky.

Unlucky? Who are unlucky? Luck has not a thing to do with it. Following Christ is a choice. We didn't hit a lottery, we made a choice to follow.Luck has nothing to do with a follower of Christ. Christianity is a personal relationship, nothing whatever to do with luck.

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
Hello Herald, where then do we draw the line? I mean do you agree Jesus is the only way, the truth, and the life? Is not the biggest component of our faith believing in the One true God, the One who gave His only begotten son. If the lines get skewed, what then do we believe?

I agree we are to love our enemies, but that does not mean we stand with them and their beliefs.
Hi CharliRenee, and everyone posting here. I am glad to see this turned into a good sharing of beliefs on being Christians in a stormy world. I want to participate here, it's not easy with limited access and it's not easy reading and internet fellowship typing without a keyboard is mentally and spiritually exhausting, and I am limited a bit more these days. But slower is better too.

Too many ideas at once, but I won't give up trying to answer everyone, but an inspiration reading.

Yes CAR! I mean CR-. I am living in my car. And jail briefly for paperwork issues, and to be honest, my attitude needed humility.
But, a reassuring visit by birds gave me hope- they were trying to tell me something. Before I read these posts.

Jesus is the way, truth and life.
And I came close to flying on recently with the flu, but as I was about to get desperate and drive to the hospital, again, messenger birds flew out of nowhere and landed on my car mirror. They didn't want me to die. And neither does the Lord. I prayed about the fever, and knew I was going to recover. Then got in to see doctors for my cardio? issues.

Recovered strength in jail too, just being around lots of people, who care, even though they are not personal friend or foe,
like angel allies, who must come to carry out God's will. Jesus too, like church authority, job authority, military authority, is our Lord, and King, not personal friend, but highest spiritual Ally? Does this make sense?

Like a father must teach trusting allegiance and teamwork, like some of the posters here are saying, we as Christians have to share the whole Bible.

It's just that I have gotten it wrong so often in life like the country song, "I've spent my whole life, gettin' it all wrong.". asking God for help.
And Im not an alcoholic, but in AA they say the prayer what I remembered this AM-. God, "help me to accept the things cannot change, change the things I can.." (paraphrase) maybe someone can post the serenity prayer?

This included a judgmental heart even hatred at one time of other's religion, and I'm trying to repent of this, showing mercy, and let others teach the other half of the Bible- mercy and judgment/divine justice.

What is divine justice? In the new millennium?
There will be no wars or industrial waste, (no floating islands of plastic) etc., and the earth and people and life will be sacred from conception to natural death, and their honor.

One Russian priest said once when I said I was having trouble loving my enemies:. "The kingdom of God is a kingdom of love- if you don't learn how to love, you won't be there."

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Hi CharliRenee, and everyone posting here. I am glad to see this turned into a good sharing of beliefs on being Christians in a stormy world. I want to participate here, it's not easy with limited access and it's not easy reading and internet fellowship typing without a keyboard is mentally and spiritually exhausting, and I am limited a bit more these days. But slower is better too.

Too many ideas at once, but I won't give up trying to answer everyone, but an inspiration reading.

Yes CAR! I mean CR-. I am living in my car. And jail briefly for paperwork issues, and to be honest, my attitude needed humility.
But, a reassuring visit by birds gave me hope- they were trying to tell me something. Before I read these posts.

Jesus is the way, truth and life.
And I came close to flying on recently with the flu, but as I was about to get desperate and drive to the hospital, again, messenger birds flew out of nowhere and landed on my car mirror. They didn't want me to die. And neither does the Lord. I prayed about the fever, and knew I was going to recover. Then got in to see doctors for my cardio? issues.

Recovered strength in jail too, just being around lots of people, who care, even though they are not personal friend or foe,
like angel allies, who must come to carry out God's will. Jesus too, like church authority, job authority, military authority, is our Lord, and King, not personal friend, but highest spiritual Ally? Does this make sense?

Like a father must teach trusting allegiance and teamwork, like some of the posters here are saying, we as Christians have to share the whole Bible.

It's just that I have gotten it wrong so often in life like the country song, "I've spent my whole life, gettin' it all wrong.". asking God for help.
And Im not an alcoholic, but in AA they say the prayer what I remembered this AM-. God, "help me to accept the things cannot change, change the things I can.." (paraphrase) maybe someone can post the serenity prayer?

This included a judgmental heart even hatred at one time of other's religion, and I'm trying to repent of this, showing mercy, and let others teach the other half of the Bible- mercy and judgment/divine justice.

What is divine justice? In the new millennium?
There will be no wars or industrial waste, (no floating islands of plastic) etc., and the earth and people and life will be sacred from conception to natural death, and their honor.

One Russian priest said once when I said I was having trouble loving my enemies:. "The kingdom of God is a kingdom of love- if you don't learn how to love, you won't be there."
wow you are going through so much. Thanks for taking the time to read and respond. I like your visit by birds too.

I appreciate your heart to love, to be non judgemental, you make many good points.

I just think we can love others with other religions but that doesn't mean we accept what they believe what they believe as truth.

I think you agree we have have/get to love my Lord, first and foremost, remain loyal to Him, then love others, with genuine mercy and care.

I will lift you and your spiritual well-being and your desire to keep on keeping on for the Lord.

I agree we need to love all, even those who oppose our God. It is not always easy, but our calling, hoping to reach them, to help plant seeds. Right?

I see your compassionate and merciful heart has great potential to reach the lost and broken.

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
wow you are going through so much. Thanks for taking the time to read and respond. I like your visit by birds too.

I appreciate your heart to love, to be non judgemental, you make many good points.

I just think we can love others with other religions but that doesn't mean we accept what they believe what they believe as truth.

I think you agree we have have/get to love my Lord, first and foremost, remain loyal to Him, then love others, with genuine mercy and care.

I will lift you and your spiritual well-being and your desire to keep on keeping on for the Lord.

I agree we need to love all, even those who oppose our God. It is not always easy, but our calling, hoping to reach them, to help plant seeds. Right?

I see your compassionate and merciful heart has great potential to reach the lost and broken.
Nice to see your posts and prayers. What was alarming was the flu- that almost got me. And they can't do much more in the hospital than what I was doing-antihistamines, Tylenol, sports drinks, cough syrup. Those over the counter meds are not cheap. I happened to have them. They, along with divine intervention saved my life.
That's one way to love our enemies- ease their suffering.
Many people out of funds can not buy them. I remember a lady who didn't have cash in a grocery, and she walked out with many of us in line watching, not knowing what to do. People are afraid to offer help, when any one of us could have said, "wait, I'll get it for you."

You can't hesitate in those moments- make a command decision assertively and without hesitation. Then they would wonder why do Christians help others. It's better than preaching.
God knew I needed birds this morning, not religion.

The birds were amazing! They were fluttering around my car for the longest time, accompanied by a Robin, my mother's favorite bird. Then just as I got out my phone to film them they vanished! Not sure what they were- little yellow tail birds.

You are right- plant a few seeds and birds appear. This is better than hating our enemies isn't it?

Birds are powerful Messengers I think, just like us simple empty suffering people at times- if God can speak through a sparrow, a sparrow would say more to the world than us people if we feel weak or empty, just by showing up.
Can a sparrow love their enemies?
If they can we can.
"Consider the birds..."
Jesus knew-

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
Unlucky? Who are unlucky? Luck has not a thing to do with it. Following Christ is a choice. We didn't hit a lottery, we made a choice to follow.Luck has nothing to do with a follower of Christ. Christianity is a personal relationship, nothing whatever to do with luck.
Nicely said kaylagrl,
We don't win heaven in Vegas.
But you find God anywhere.

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
Jesus did say though to some, based on what was in their hearts and the way that they chose to live their lives, that He never knew them. Unless you have been born again by confession of sin and inviting the Holy Spirit to live in your hearts to comfort and guide you on your spiritual journey you would be worshiping a false God as well because Jesus wouldn't know you either. Faith without works is a dead faith.
That sums up several centuries in one paragraph

Aug 20, 2019
Does anyone here know the do's and don't of wishing God's speed? playing with fire.

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
Yes, we are to lovingly share the Word, but we don't agree with false religions. Muslims are getting saved and coming to Christ. If Christians, so called, tell them they are good just as they are they are sending them square flat to hell. If you love a person you tell the truth. We are salt and light. You are leading them astray if you do not correct their error and you certainly don't love them.
What I think started me on this thread, was we have to START by loving our enemies, by not insulting their beliefs-. hatred just feeds more hatred. I think the fancy word is "stereotyping" or better known as prejudice.

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
Ohm,
I wrote all of the following information specifically for you.
I hope it will clear up some things about the Christian faith.

God Bless.

What it means, Biblically, to be LOVING:

Agape Love:

In the New Testament, there is a Greek word used for the highest, most sublime variety of love, and that word is agape.

To have agape love is to desire another person's highest, most ultimate good.

So what does that look like?
What does that mean in practical terms?

It means I look at another person, and desire for them whatever is the highest good that is possible.
So what IS that highest good?
According to the New Testament, that highest good is that a person be reconciled to God, and have an eternal relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
That is the highest good we can desire for someone, according to the New Testament.

Now, that reconciliation comes through Jesus Christ, who came as an atonement, a sacrifice for our sins.

What Agape Love really looks like:

In order to bring someone to this "highest good" of being reconciled to God through Christ, we must be honest about many difficult realities.

1. We have to be honest in talking about sin.
a. A person cannot accept a sacrifice for his sin if he does not first understand, and admit, that he HAS sin.
b. So to talk about sin, and how it comes between us and GOD, may SEEM unloving... but in actuallity, it is part of this "agape" love, it is the first step in reconciling someone to God through Christ.

2. We have to be honest in talking about all eternal truths: our faith, the scripture, and all things in life that deal with morality and with God.
a. To forgo honesty about eternal truths, in an attempt to appease people, is NOT to show real "agape" love.
b. To pretend everyone is ok, when they are not, is NOT to show real "agape" love.

3. The real Christian view - we view all mankind as sick, and in need of a doctor.
a. The Bible tells us "all have sinned", and that this sin separates us from God.
b. That means all humans, all of us, every single one of us, have a malady deep within us, a propensity to sin, and this comes between us and God.
c. This is like a "spiritual illness"; and for this spiritual illness, God provided a cure, the sacrifice of Christ to make atonement for our sin.
d. This is why Jesus is sometimes called "the great physician."

4. How can we have this "agape" love, and desire people's ultimate good, if we are not honest in telling them about their need for a spiritual doctor?
a. Can we truly show agape love by pretending everyone is ok?
b. Can we truly show agape love by just agreeing with people, when they claim they aren't ill?
c. Can we truly show agape love by ignoring everyone's spiritual illness?
d. Can we truly show agape love by ignoring the words of the "great physician", even at moments when his words are difficult, just in order to appease people?
* Is it not more loving to tell people, honestly, about their illness, and about their need of a doctor?
* Is the approach of honesty, in the hope of giving the spiritual cure to the spiritually ill, not the genuine approach of showing genuine agape love?

Conclusion - Understanding Genuine Love

1. To understand Christianity, you need to understand a biblical definition of love, not an arbitrary or "popular" definition of love.

2. To love someone, biblically, is not to agree with them, or appease them, it is to seek their highest good... it is to tell them about the "great physician", and the terrible illness they have, for which they desperately need him.

Thank you for your post