SEEK GOD

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
SEEK GOD

1 Chronicles 16:11) Seek the Lord and His strength, seek His face continually.

When you are young and the temptations of the world are drawing you away from God, seek Him. The plethora of temptations that beset the young seem overwhelming, and they may feel they cannot avoid being caught up in the ways of the world. In these times, they truly need to seek God.

It is the duty of the parents to teach the young the ways of God, and to be there to give them the support and strength to not give in to the temptations that beset them.

Proverbs 22:6) Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

The father is charged to be the "spiritual head" of the household," and this surely places the main duty to properly train the young in the hands of the father. I believe God will hold fathers accountable for the duty He has directed them to do.

Sadly, not all fathers are believers, and, in many, many instances, the father is not even present in the household. In these instances, it is the mother who must become the "spiritual teacher" of the young. Mothers, do not shirk this duty if it falls upon you.

Psalms 14:2) The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God.

The temptations of the world do not decrease as we grow into adults. If anything, they increase as we become more responsible for our actions, decisions, and the path in life we choose to follow. We must seek God.

Deuteronomy 4:29 - But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.

Isaiah 55:6-7 - Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:

Many times we find ourselves seeking the approval of men. We find ourselves doing things that others will find pleasing to them, and we do such things rather than doing the things that is pleasing to God. The approval of men will never lead to the "eternal reward" promised by God if we live our lives seeking Him. I believe that if we choose to do what is pleasing to God, others will see God in us, and some will find this not only pleasing, but an inspiration for them to also seek God. It is true that some, if not most, will be offended, and turn from us, but we are not to seek their approval over our love for God. Jesus did not come to teach is to live our lives as others would have us do to please them, rather to live our lives in a way that is pleasing in the eyes of God; who is our Salvation!

Matthew 10:35) For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against the mother in law.... 37) He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

In all ways, in all times we must seek God. Scriptures teach us this AGAIN AND AGAIN, and we need to obey their teachings if we are to receive our eternal reward promised us.

Proverbs 8:17 - I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.

Jeremiah 29:12-14 - Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.
Lamentations 3:25 - The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.

Isaiah 55:6-7 - Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:

Psalms 119:10 - With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments.

Jeremiah 29:13 - And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

Hebrews 11:6 - But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Psalms 34:10 - The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the LORD shall not want any good thing.

Job 5:8-9 - I would seek unto God, and unto God would I commit my cause: (Read More...)

2 Chronicles 7:14 - If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

James 4:8 - Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

Psalms 40:16 - Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: let such as love thy salvation say continually, The LORD be magnified.

Psalms 119:2 - Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.

I pray that all who call God their Father and Lord commit their lives to seeking Him!

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

from Deuteronomy 4 and Isaiah 55
Thank you for the inspiration :)

Jan 30, 2022
I learned a long time ago, for the most part, other people do not have your best interest at heart.
Listening to others caused me doubt, listening to others got me in trouble. Listening to God always brought peace and safe passage through life.
The last part of Acts 5:29 "We ought to obey God rather than men". I consistently run through my mind.

glen55

Jul 10, 2021
I learned a long time ago, for the most part, other people do not have your best interest at heart.
Listening to others caused me doubt, listening to others got me in trouble. Listening to God always brought peace and safe passage through life.
The last part of Acts 5:29 "We ought to obey God rather than men". I consistently run through my mind.
Respect of the term God is it going through it all good and evil, a true master has experienced weakness and blindness etc.................then I respect it's called I AM have had victory over fake faith. Being a holy Actor is not serious dealing with weakness of Spirit still stronger than intelligent first born.

May 22, 2020
Precious friend, A Very Warm Welcome to Chat.

Do you believe we "ought to obey God," According to this "link"?:

GRACE and Peace...
While waiting on his response...what problem do you have with that "link"? Acts 5;39?
One of Bible's teachings which include ...not bound with man's denominations.

Mofastus

May 23, 2019
Thank you, I enjoyed reading your thread. All are to seek God and find Him.

Acts 17:27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Thank you, I enjoyed reading your thread. All are to seek God and find Him.

Acts 17:27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
amen

“And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.”
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭29:13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭10:17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭11:6‬ ‭