Seeker Friendly, vs tradition vs modernization vs distorted gospel

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sophia
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Then how can you or I make a statement like this?



Personally, I would see the first person mentioned here, as simply not understanding grace.

And, I have never seen anyone who called themselves a Christian do what you seem to see people doing in the latter part of your post. "Yes", I do see people judging them, and accusing them of either not responding, or not doing enough. (Didn't you just do that, here?), however I don't really know WHAT they are doing as they go through life, nor can I say what their heart's response is to the things Jesus has done for them

But, I am reminded of the Widow's Mite. To possible "judging" onlookers, it might seem she was being stingy, and shorting the Lord in skimpy giving. But, we forget that, just like in that instance, no one except Jesus knows the actual facts of a Spiritual matter.

I also happen to think that all those "examination" verses we like to quote to justify us labeling others were meant for us to judge ourselves, not to go bird-dogging others, and then go putting them into our little classification boxes.

So, truthfully, what business is it of ours to claim what other people are, or aren't? Do we think we are religious Paul Reveres?
Encouraging others unto good works is not judgemental, but is part of our calling.

There are many who claim Christ, and yet are deceived into thinking that the claim is the same as having faith.
They go on living the same as before they were "saved", unchanged in attitude and in motivation and in actions.
And there are preachers who encourage such.
Believing upon the Lord is not merely a shallow confession, but putting the full weight of our being upon Him and Him alone.

I like the example of the "mePod".
Let's say our lives are like a tablet or iPod.
Some people think they are saved because they downloaded the Jesus app.
They open the app every Sunday, and sometimes before meals, and sometimes before they go to bed, and other times when they feel hurt or down or in need.

Jesus isn't supposed to be just an app that we add into the rest of our apps, as a tool for us to better our lives or make us healthy and happy, or make us fit in with others who have the app, or give us some comfort when we need it.

Jesus is supposed to be our entire OPERATING SYSTEM. With everything we do being run in and through Him.

This isn't a judgement upon anyone, but an ENCOURAGEMENT to right ourselves before the Lord, and become productive branches in the Vine of Christ. I am not talking about loss of Salvation, as some seem to assume, but about gaining assurance, and gaining heavenly treasure/reward, and gaining a useful testimony and witness for use in building the Kingdom.
 
This is the process I went through:
I was raised a legalist.
I was saved when I began to read the Bible for myself, and recognized Grace in the Word.
I spent several years fighting with my legalistic mother and her prosperity doctrine / social gospel preaching church;
and turned to a very "laid back" doctrinal system where all things are holy (including sin) to a Believer.
When I began to read the Epistles more carefully, I realized that my "laid back" doctrine was the same as "lukewarm".
I realized that the sacrifice of Christ was an example for me to live out daily!
And then I realized that I was given the power to live it out, by the gracious gift that Christ left for us to receive: the Holy Spirit.
And that is where I seek to be: driven by the Spirit unto the works laid out before me; ever reminded of His Grace and mercy upon me, and of the love that He displayed on Calvary; and spreading that love to all I meet, while encouraging Believers in their faith, and in their work, and in their growing in the knowledge and grace of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Our good works prove our testimony of Christ and His Spirit,
And our testimony gives glory to the Church,
And the Church gives glory to the Spirit,
And the Spirit gives glory to Christ,
And Christ gives glory to the Father.
In this way, our working in faith, by the grace of God through the Spirit,
bring Glory to God.
And He tells us that we will share in that Glory as our inheritance.
Build your inheritance today!
 
  • Like
Reactions: SolidGround