Seeking contact with an omniscient being

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 19, 2019
Am interested in making contact with an all-powerful being, preferably one who cares about sentient life on planet earth.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Welcome to CC and nice to meet you. 'Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God' Rom 10:17. By reading His word we get a picture of His love for us throughout Scripture. I have found, when I wake and dedicate the day to His will, it then blesses the whole day for me. God bless and if you have any questions, start a thread in the Bible Discussion Forum where you'll get many responses.

Jul 17, 2019
In christian context,

Am interested (God is drawing you) in making contact with an all-powerful being (Jesus), preferably one who cares (Just at the right time, while we were still powerless, Jesus died for us Romans 5:5) about sentient life (we are made in God's image who knows what moral responsibility is) on planet earth (where we physically are right now). <-- very good start

the solution is simple: want to be spiritually born again?

you can tell Jesus, "yes, I want to be born again"

Jesus is all knowing so he knows of your desires, Jesus knows of your confusion and your thoughts like "how am I supposed to tell God", but since Jesus knows, Jesus knows that if you can tell him and say it "right into God's ear", you would tell him

so believe that God hears you (God is all-knowing) as if you are saying it "right into God's ear"
it only takes humility

and ye shall be born again, God declare you innocent, and you shall have a relationship with him, hence "making contact with an all powerful being"

Jul 17, 2019
the biblical truth

Romans 3:23
“For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;”

Romans 6:23
“For the wages [what we earn] of sin is death; ……”

hopeless?

Revelation 21:27
“And there shall in no wise enter into it [Heaven] any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie….”

Ephesians 2:8-9
“For by grace [unmerited or undeserved favor] are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves it [saved] is the gift of God, Not of works, lest any man should boast.”

NOT HOPELESS WHEN WE SEE GOD’S GRACE !!

Titus 3:5
“Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us,…..”

2 Corinthians 5:21
“For he [God] hath made Him [Christ] to be sin for us, Who [Christ, being perfect] knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him [Christ].

the good news

John 3:16
“For God so loved the world [you, me and everyone], that He gave [His Gift to you] His only begotten Son [Jesus Christ], that whosoever believeth [trusts] in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”

In John 10:28, Jesus Himself said:
“And I [Jesus] give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.”

1 John 5:13
“These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God [Jesus]; that ye may KNOW that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.”

decide now!!!

John 3:18
“He that believeth on Him [Jesus Christ] is not condemned

If you made that decision you are wise. You will NEVER regret it!

U

UnderGrace

Am interested in making contact with an all-powerful being, preferably one who cares about sentient life on planet earth.
He is all around you.

Do you have ears to hear?

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

His is the Name above all names: Jesus Christ.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
I have good news for you! He is waiting for you. He has already made the first move....

John
3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
3:9 Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?
3:10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?
3:11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.
3:12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you [of] heavenly things?
3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, [even] the Son of man which is in heaven.
3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Jul 19, 2019
Hmmm, so lots of bible quotes. I'm not sure how this puts me in contact with an omniscient being...
I see here lots of disagreement about what the bible says, seems like a human creation.

Couldn't an omniscient being communicate its most important message with clarity?
It's a little unconvincing...

Still, the payoff of connecting with an omniscient being would be huge so I'm listening.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Hmmm, so lots of bible quotes. I'm not sure how this puts me in contact with an omniscient being...
I see here lots of disagreement about what the bible says, seems like a human creation.

Couldn't an omniscient being communicate its most important message with clarity?

Still, the payoff of connecting with an omniscient being would be huge so I'm listening.
You have to do more than just listening, you have to believe and then act on that belief.

oyster67

May 24, 2014

How badly do you want it?

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Are you willing to put everything on the line?

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
Easy peasy pretty straighforward
read Acts in your NT and follow the instructions

not only will you make "contact" with an all-powerful being, preferably one who cares about sentient life on planet earth, but
this being [God of the Bible] will come and reside in you.
You will then be able to go through life with power and having much evidence and signs to prove your conversion ...
you will be able to lay hands on the sick and pray for their healing ...
you will enjoy an abundance of miracles and much answered prayers ...

Jul 17, 2019
Lot's of people have died for what they believe, even for other religions.
7 For one will scarcely die for a righteous person—though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die
Romans 5:7

notice the word "BUT" here, in the next bible verse
8 but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8