Seems Revalations and Book of Enoc are seldom/never preached about today.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Raffie

Oct 7, 2018
I like a good sermon, but many of the churches I have been to seem to stay on a theme year after year. Feels like a endless loop of a season 1 tv series (kind of like Star Trek, but less sci-fi)

Long ago the churches found time to preach about end times and such. I have asked many pastors about this and oddly enough most the replies was "We want to preach to people that God is love." (feel they are worried about some people leaving the church over such a topic)
That is always good, but God is so much more.

With all the information at our finger tips today why is this not preached? We are in the end days for sure (2020's will be highly interesting) so is this not important?

The Book of Enoc is way over looked and when I ask pastors about it, but get some answer that ends with "Well others church can do that, but we need to tell people God is love."

So does anyones church preach on end of days or anything?

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
Agreed, churches only preach the books in the bible and usually ignore any.of the other books eventhough Jesus did quote from.enoch.
I wish enoch would be preached more , and some other books of the apocryphal

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
Agreed, churches only preach the books in the bible and usually ignore any.of the other books eventhough Jesus did quote from.enoch.
I wish enoch would be preached more , and some other books of the apocryphal
The only quotation from Enoch is found in Jude. I don't think you will find any quotations made by Jesus in the Bible.
That book is recognized only by the Ethiopian Church as scripture. God is not restricted to the contents of the Bible to
reach us but because he uses other sources doesn't mean those sources are completely inspired. That includes modern books
There are a large number of Apocryphal books around some have useful things in them and others don't. The content of the bible is the standard by which we should judge other writings. Anyone who embraces the Apocryphal writings for preaching material would need a truck to carry them all around .

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Wait, whut?

Critical review because we teach from the Holy Bible? This has to be some kind of joke right?

OP mentions Revelation in Title, but not in comment? Revelation is quite often taught, referred to in Sermons........sooooo

Still, this is a joke, right?

Sep 13, 2018
I like a good sermon, but many of the churches I have been to seem to stay on a theme year after year. Feels like a endless loop of a season 1 tv series (kind of like Star Trek, but less sci-fi)

Long ago the churches found time to preach about end times and such. I have asked many pastors about this and oddly enough most the replies was "We want to preach to people that God is love." (feel they are worried about some people leaving the church over such a topic)

With all the information at our finger tips today why is this not preached? We are in the end days for sure (2020's will be highly interesting) so is this not important?

The Book of Enoc is way over looked and when I ask pastors about it, but get some answer that ends with "Well others church can do that, but we need to tell people God is love."

Yes, the bible...

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015

How long ago are you talking about? I think certain churches preach about it too much and a lot said about it is ear tickling
stuff that Paul warned us about. As for being in the end days we may be but then again we may not be. Only God knows'

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015

It seems you are in some kind of apocalyptic state of awaiting, thinking that the world will end soon. Therefore you are not satisfied with the preaching of the gospel and want the Church to preach your idea.

The Church probably does not share your "last days of the world" view and therefore does not preach about it as much as you would like.

The book of Enoch is not in the canon of Scripture, therefore its logical it will not be preached in official church Sunday meetings. Similar to Barnabas, Didaché, Ignatios, Augustin and many other good works. But you can read it yourself, if you like such writings.

rlm68

Jul 23, 2018
Preachers could make the truthful claim that many Books mentioned in the Bible, but not found within the Bible, only means the council voted on what they believed to be biblical material. Then preachers could further expound that they feel the council made many errors since we now know and understand who the council included and why they most likely voted as they did. From there, preachers could lead into the Book of Daniel or Revelation's but show the first chapter of Enoch on the screen to show that Enoch, Daniel, and Revelation have similar themes in several chapters.

The same could be done for the Book of Jasper whom both Joshua and king David mention. Actually, the list of missing Books could all be introduced in the same manner.

But to get to the the Op's point:

I agree, if preachers grew a BACKBONE instead of seeking a HANDOUT, this world would be less lost. I feel for preachers come judgement day. No doubt many are in for a BIG SURPRISE....SHOCKING SURPRISE :(

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
Preachers could make the truthful claim that many Books mentioned in the Bible, but not found within the Bible, only means the council voted on what they believed to be biblical material.
Thats not true and you know it. Situtation is much more complex.

a) For example, books like Ecclesiasticus, Sirach, Daniel and dragon, Susan etc were removed in the 19th century and nobody voted for that.

b) Regarding the NT books it had a development and requirements like "already used in all churches, the apostolic connection etc". It was not just some council making a meal from water in some later century.

c) On the other hand books like The assumption of Moses or the Book of Enoch, quoted in the Bible, were never used in all churches as a part of Scriptures.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
But to get to the the Op's point:

I agree, if preachers grew a BACKBONE instead of seeking a HANDOUT, this world would be less lost. I feel for preachers come judgement day. No doubt many are in for a BIG SURPRISE....SHOCKING SURPRISE:(
Seriously? Hating on Preachers? Those men and women who have dedicated their lives to the study of the Word of God and given their lives to His Ministry? Those are the people you want to hate on?

(we had a fellow here some time back who made a living of hating on Preachers........hmm)

Try thinking on this:

Romans 10:10) For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.11) For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. 12) For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. 13) For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. 14) How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? 15) And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

And, just so folks understand what Christ told us, let's remember this:

Matthew 28:19) Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20) Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

I don't see.........AND PREACH ABOUT THE END TIMES AND ALL THAT STUFF!

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
While the Book of Revelation is accepted as Inspired scriptures the book of Enoch is not..

The Book of Revelation is one of my favorite books in the Bible.. Revealed a lot to me..

L

Locoponydirtman

Seriously? Hating on Preachers? Those men and women who have dedicated their lives to the study of the Word of God and given their lives to His Ministry? Those are the people you want to hate on?

(we had a fellow here some time back who made a living of hating on Preachers........hmm)

Try thinking on this:

Romans 10:10) For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.11) For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. 12) For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. 13) For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. 14) How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? 15) And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

Matthew 28:19) Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20) Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Easy there tiger, I think he is referring to a specific brand of popular preachers out there pouring milk out all over everyone. If it's even milk could be white wash. More preachers serving meat is a good idea. imagejpeg_0.jpg

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Its often times because many churches are luke warm today and all they preach is that God loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life. The usual prosperity gospel.

There are many GOOD churches that dont preach much on endtimes. This is usually due to them being undecided, or that the Pastor has not spent much time studying eschatology.
Its also a very dividing subject often times. Prophecy can also be too much to handle for the folks who have only heard that God is love their entire lives.

The Churches that do preach on endtimes, tend to do so in one way and one way only: The rapture is around the corner. Get saved now before its too late. So the eschatology is: You get to escape before things get rough. Granted this is kind of offensive to the christians in the middle-east giving their lives for the faith as we speak.

If you want to listen to someone give good, balanced teaching on prophecy and eschatology from ALL point-of-views (despite himself being Amill) check out SAM STORMS. Now everyone has probably noticed im no fan of calvinism, but that guy earns my respect for sure, stand up guy, i'd shake his hand.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
The Churches that do preach on endtimes, tend to do so in one way and one way only: The rapture is around the corner. Get saved now before its too late. So the eschatology is: You get to escape before things get rough.
Regarding the bold ^ , that also seems to fail to recognize the entirety of the PURPOSE/PURPOSES of our Rapture (which I believe to be pre-trib)… as well as to ignore the fact that, say, even the Thessalonians (to whom Paul was correcting their false notions that the Day of the Lord "IS PRESENT") were experiencing present and ongoing persecutions and tribulation [2Th1:4] (but which makes it wholly "understandable" and perfectly reasonable for them to have [though wrongly] been convinced that "the day of the Lord IS PRESENT," and the need for him to set them straight on this... that it wasn't and WHY).

P.S. Isn't Sam Storms "amillennialist"? Just asking. =l

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
^ nevermind on that P.S. I see that you did acknowledge his amillennialism. Sorry I missed seeing that upon first read-through. :)

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
Don't know what Enoch is so I've never read it before. If it goes against what's in the rest of the Bible then I really don't want to read it. There is plenty in the Bible as it is now that I need to learn and move up to so I stick with it.

I've read Revelations, but not put a whole lot of studying into it... not because I'm scared of it or anything....I just don't understand a lot of the symbolism and stuff in it. I know I should pray about it and study it more, but it is the end and I'm still trying to just learn how to live right now...I know that's no excuse for not studying it though. Honestly though, that's just where I'm at with it right now.

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
Oops, sorry, this was supposed to be about preaching it not studying it...I am definitely not a preacher...so just disregard my last post...

Here's a post that is applicable, though...lol

I don't really think I want to hear a message being taught from the book of Enoch, but would like to hear more about Revelations from a preacher/teacher who actually understands it.

rlm68

Jul 23, 2018

Try thinking on this:

My late Grandfather and Father were both evangelists, preachers, biblical teachers who taught-preached from the west coast to the east coast and beyond American borders. They taught in what is now today's established biblical colleges from Texas to Florida. My Grandfather was part of new up and coming movements that are now well known established church organizations like the UPC, The Assemblies of the Lord Jesus Christ, and has served as presbyter for others covering several states throughout the Midwest. I was taught under their tutelage and direction. They preached fire and brimstone and that riding the altar is better than assuming anything else these false antichrist's spew out behind pulpits.

And with that being said, let's look at what today is known as the SEEKER FRIENDLY CHURCHES!!

You scan a neighborhood going door to door asking what ticks you off most about church?

They get a list consisting of:
I don't like feeling guilty
I don't like being called out for cheating on my wife
I don't like being called out for abusing my wife and children
and the list is endless...

And these SEEKER FRIENDLY CHURCHES absolutely DO NOT PREACH anything that condemns their congregation. These people are on their way to eternal damnation and these preachers are DOING NOTHING!!

And, if you are a part of the SEEKER FRIENDLY MOVEMENT, You are of the Adversary!!

Preaching the LOVE OF CHRIST only makes you feel the happy butterflies.
But preaching right from wrong SAVES SOULS!!

And if you do not like what I state...then you have no clue of scripture.
Even Paul in his GRACE theme preached the Holy Spirit will condemn you when you sin directly against God!!

Therefore, many preachers NEED TO GROW a backbone and get a CLUE!!

rlm68

Jul 23, 2018
Thats not true and you know it. Situtation is much more complex.

a) For example, books like Ecclesiasticus, Sirach, Daniel and dragon, Susan etc were removed in the 19th century and nobody voted for that.

b) Regarding the NT books it had a development and requirements like "already used in all churches, the apostolic connection etc". It was not just some council making a meal from water in some later century.

c) On the other hand books like The assumption of Moses or the Book of Enoch, quoted in the Bible, were never used in all churches as a part of Scriptures.

And if we follow the Book of Acts (WHICH IS OUR FIRST ESTABLISHED CHURCH EXAMPLE), we would not be baptizing via the trinity. Within the Book of Acts, both Peter and Paul BAPTIZED in the NAME of Yeshua (Jesus) ONLY, not in the trinity.

So clearly by your own 3 points a-b-c, it's clear what has been established IS NOT what the FIRST CHURCH PREACHED (Book of Acts)!!

Therefore, my original statement still stands as I made it..