Self-Defense

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
God is directing us. Proverbs 16:9 (In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps.) 20:24 (A person’s steps are directed by the Lord. How then can anyone understand their own way?) Jeremiah 10:23 (Lord, I know that people’s lives are not their own; it is not for them to direct their steps.)
We are not puppets.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
As I understand it, God is in control of what he chooses to be at the time. He knows what we are going to do, but he is not responsible for our actions.
Some say God controls us; others say God is not responsible for what we do. Can it be both ways?

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
Some say God controls us; others say God is not responsible for what we do. Can it be both ways?
Ephesians 2:10 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
10 God has made us what we are. In Christ Jesus, God made us new people so that we would spend our lives doing the good things he had already planned for us to do.

Amos 4:5And offer a thank offering made with yeast. Tell everyone about the freewill offerings. Israel, you love to do those things. So go and do them.” This is what the Lord God said.

Unless a person has free will they can not be held responsible for rejecting God. Eze 18 says that God desires people to come to him. If God controls our actions, then logically everyone one would come to him.

Ezekiel 18:32 King James Version (KJV)
32 For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord God: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
HE PURGED BRANCH

The phrase, "And every branch that bears fruit, He purges it, that it may bring forth more fruit," proclaims the exact opposite of the first phrase.

He plainly tells us that the branch which bears fruit will be purged, which, in the Greek, means "to cleanse, as in to make pure.'

One may wonder as to how fruit could be developed when there is uncleanness and impurities.

The truth is, there are no perfect Christians, but the Lord looks beyond the surface and, as well, the impurities, etc., "searching the heart, trying the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings" (Jeremiah 17:10). The very fact that the branch is bearing fruit shows there is a hunger for God, even a hunger and thirst which are intensifying, desiring all that God has for the Believer.

However, once again, this does not mean perfection, and indeed cannot, at least as long as we live in this body of flesh.

However, many, if not the majority, in the church wrongly interpret purging, thinking it is destruction. As such, they write off such as being of no more consequence. What they do not seem to realize is that the "purging" is not because of a lack of fruit but the very opposite. There has been fruit, and wonderful fruit at that, but the Holy Spirit sees that there is a potential for much more. Consequently, the Father, Who is the Vinedresser, purges the branch in order that it may bring forth "more fruit," which refers to greater quantity, but above all, greater quality.

THE PURGING

The cleansing effect of the purging is brought on by the Word of God; consequently, it is the criterion for all things pertaining to God. In other words, the "Vinedresser" does whatever is necessary to bring one's life in every respect in accordance with the "Word." The actual carrying out of this task is done by the Holy Spirit through Whom the "Vinedresser" works. This is partly what John the Baptist meant when he spoke of Jesus "baptizing with the Holy Spirit, and with fire" (Matthew 3:11-12) This is the refiner's fire, as spoken of by Malachi (Malachi 3:3).

Malachi 3:3 - "And He shall sit as a Refiner and Purifier of silver," refers to the purifier who sits watching the silver and maintaining the temperature; directly when he sees his face reflected in the metal, he stops the process.

The word "clean" in the Greek is "Katharos" and means "to be free from impure admixture, without blemish, spotless, and blameless, " which can only be brought about by the shed Blood of Jesus Christ, with the Believer making that the Object of his Faith.
What do all of these posts you provided have anything at all to do with the OP?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Self defense does not mean you must kill your attacker, just use enough force to subdue them for the purpose of keeping them from harming others or harming yourself.

Exodus 15:3 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
3 The Lord is a great soldier.
The Lord is his name.
Some guy tries to hurt my wife or daughter and I'm gonna break his neck.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Exodus 22:4 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
2-4 If he owns nothing, then he will be sold as a slave. But if the man still has the animal and you find it, that man must give the owner two animals for every animal he stole. It doesn’t matter if the animal was a bull, a donkey, or a sheep.

“If a thief is killed while trying to break into a house at night, then no one will be guilty for killing him. But if this happens during the day, the one who killed him will be guilty of murder.

Should you protect your family?
In a heartbeat using any amount of force necessary.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
In a heartbeat using any amount of force necessary.
I have plans and alert systems in place so I can use least force needed.

Back then they did not have lights. Today, we have spot lights.

Even the Israelites had people stay up at night keeping watch.

2 Samuel 18:24And David sat between the two gates: and the watchman went up to the roof over the gate unto the wall, and lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold a man running alone.

S

SpoonJuly

2 Samuel 18:24And David sat between the two gates: and the watchman went up to the roof over the gate unto the wall, and lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold a man running alone.
I am an old man with some health issues, so the least force anyone will get in my house is 12 ga buckshot.
If I am out in public it will be 410 ga buckshot for the judge I carry.
Do not see as well as I used to so all I have to do is point toward the sound to solved the problem.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

When it comes to the protection of my family I intend to use overwhelming force.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I am an old man with some health issues, so the least force anyone will get in my house is 12 ga buckshot.
Do not see as well as I used to so all I have to do is point toward the sound to solved the problem.
Lock and load, brother. If I still had access to my M16 I would put it on rock -n- roll and spray the bad guys.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
My wife and I both carry handguns, both took self defense classes and my 5 year old has been training since 3 in martial arts with his two siblings preparing to follow. As they get a little older I will teach them gun safety.

Self defense is a natural law a law of nature that was given by God. We observe this in nature as to why something against the natural for example homosexuality is called a crime against nature. It would be a crime against nature to take someones right to self defense because it was never theirs to take to begin with.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
You need only take a tranquilizer or stun gun with you. Unless, you want to spend time in jail.

I use humor too. If someone is coming to beat me up. I say that I need to call myself medical help because when you are done with me, I am going to need it. They usually laugh and we become friends. Keep you phone set up to take a quick picture and automatically sent to police with prerecorded message. I only need to point my phone at them and press 911 to do that.

I am 62 and in poor health too due to cancer and a degenerative bone disease. But, because I was a boxer, I still can beat the stuffing out of many men of any age. I also do not fight fair. I have been know to bite off an ear.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
My wife and I both carry handguns, both took self defense classes and my 5 year old has been training since 3 in martial arts with his two siblings preparing to follow. As they get a little older I will teach them gun safety.

Self defense is a natural law a law of nature that was given by God. We observe this in nature as to why something against the natural for example homosexuality is called a crime against nature. It would be a crime against nature to take someones right to self defense because it was never theirs to take to begin with.
only a hand gun? the more you increase your options the better.

S

SpoonJuly

You need only take a tranquilizer or stun gun with you. Unless, you want to spend time in jail.

I use humor too. If someone is coming to beat me up. I say that I need to call myself medical help because when you are done with me, I am going to need it. They usually laugh and we become friends. Keep you phone set up to take a quick picture and automatically sent to police with prerecorded message. I only need to point my phone at them and press 911 to do that.

I am 62 and in poor health too due to cancer and a degenerative bone disease. But, because I was a boxer, I still can beat the stuffing out of many men of any age. I also do not fight fair. I have been know to bite off an ear.
Why should I worry about jail when I am only defending myself or my wife?
Would never happen here in Arkansas.
If I am attacked by someone with a weapon I am allowed to use deadly force to defend myself.
If they are in my home, does not matter if they are armed or not, I can use deadly force.

Use you phone all you wish but it will not save your life.
Buckshot will.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
Why should I worry about jail when I am only defending myself or my wife?
Would never happen here in Arkansas.
If I am attacked by someone with a weapon I am allowed to use deadly force to defend myself.
If they are in my home, does not matter if they are armed or not, I can use deadly force.

Use you phone all you wish but it will not save your life.
Buckshot will.
(a) A person commits manslaughter if: (1) (A) The person causes the death of another person under circumstances that would be murder, except that he or she causes the death under the influence of extreme emotional disturbance for which there is reasonable excuse.
§ 5-10-104 - Manslaughter. :: 2010 Arkansas Code :: US ... - Justia Law

https://law.justia.com › codes › arkansas › title-5 › subtitle-2 › chapter-10

Four black teens were fundraising for their high school football team. A white woman held them at gunpoint.
BY SOPHIE LEWIS

AUGUST 17, 2019 / 12:12 PM / CBS NEWS

Four black teenagers were going door to door early this month, looking to raise money for their high school football team in Wynne, Arkansas. When they approached the home of Jerri Kelly, she held them on the ground at gunpoint until police arrived.

Kelly, who is married to a county jail administrator, was arrested and charged with four accounts of aggravated assault, false imprisonment and endangering the welfare of a minor, Wynne County police told CBS News on Friday.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jerri-...ol-football-gunpoint-wynne-county-2019-08-17/

Story on your side:
https://www.kark.com/news/local-news/west-memphis-police-investigating-homicide/
https://wreg.com/2019/08/03/family-...d-after-police-call-shooting-a-home-invasion/

Here in Michigan we have too many liberal judges so the it is a problem to defend yourself with guns.

S

SpoonJuly

(a) A person commits manslaughter if: (1) (A) The person causes the death of another person under circumstances that would be murder, except that he or she causes the death under the influence of extreme emotional disturbance for which there is reasonable excuse.
§ 5-10-104 - Manslaughter. :: 2010 Arkansas Code :: US ... - Justia Law

https://law.justia.com › codes › arkansas › title-5 › subtitle-2 › chapter-10

Four black teens were fundraising for their high school football team. A white woman held them at gunpoint.
BY SOPHIE LEWIS

AUGUST 17, 2019 / 12:12 PM / CBS NEWS

Four black teenagers were going door to door early this month, looking to raise money for their high school football team in Wynne, Arkansas. When they approached the home of Jerri Kelly, she held them on the ground at gunpoint until police arrived.

Kelly, who is married to a county jail administrator, was arrested and charged with four accounts of aggravated assault, false imprisonment and endangering the welfare of a minor, Wynne County police told CBS News on Friday.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jerri-...ol-football-gunpoint-wynne-county-2019-08-17/

Story on your side:
https://www.kark.com/news/local-news/west-memphis-police-investigating-homicide/
https://wreg.com/2019/08/03/family-...d-after-police-call-shooting-a-home-invasion/

Here in Michigan we have too many liberal judges so the it is a problem to defend yourself with guns.
There is provision for self defense and in ones home.
That is what we are talking about aren't we?